Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile
I love all your projects ladies! Neat idea for the t-shirts.

I'm working on items for the Farmer's Market and finished up some other crafts (on my blogpost today)

We are slowly switching over our patchwork "store" to match the name of our farm. I had several cereal box notebooks to make, and the rest of the items are on my Pioneer Woman At Heart blog today.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile
This is my most recent piece. I really wanted to do something in my own handwriting. I love the formal samplers, but that's really not who I am. I'm kinda sloppy and never very formal. I am going to frame it and hang it in my bathroom so I can remember each morning to have a happy day :-D

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
www.bearpawphotography.weebly.com
www.KShappyhomemaker.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  12:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Love that!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1609 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1609 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  6:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Finishing up aquilted table topper. I'd post a picture but I don't know how to.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  7:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, that is so cute! I hear ya about the samplers - would like to try and make one of my own designs and like you nothing fancy. Just have to find the time right now. Would like to make original designs as gifts for friends/family. Maybe good winter projects.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Aprons and more aprons . . . Farmers Market coming up Saturday and had orders to finish!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  06:23:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm finishing knitting up a jumper for my little niece, and am working on an embroidered panel that I will sew up into a throw pillow for my daughter's bed. It is going to be really cute, I think.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Kimarie91
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Kim
Tx
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimarie91 a Yahoo! Message
I love this thread! Everyone is so creative. Finished some discloth sets and finished up the fig jam making too. Now I'm working on finishing up projects I've started before school starts!

I love this picture of the fruit. It made some pretty fantastic Strawberry Fig jam!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I love both figs and strawberries, but I never had both as a jam. Sounds really yummy!!!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Annie, your designs will be incredible when you design your own...talented friend of mine!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  11:47:21 AM  Show Profile
I always love seeing what everyone is up to. I am starting my Lavender harvest. Today I start weaving the first of this years wands. I also harvested one huge bush and have to bundle the flowers to hang for drying for lavender buds for my sachets. Only 40 more to go....

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cori1312
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Leslie
Fairborn Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  1:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, that bird is adorable! I may borrow the idea for a friend with a beach-themed bathroom. She'll *love* it!

"You don't have a soul; you are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:28:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm knitting a sweater for my daughter's birthday (June 26th - oh well!), a baby afghan for a shower next month and crocheting mittens for charity. I have fabric to make a skirt but at the rate I'm going it may have to wait a while. I did just finish knitting a dish cloth that I had started last year. Found it tucked away but had to do it so I could say I actually finished something!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Had crocheted up what seemed like a hundred dishrags while on our road trip in June, so gave four to my WI friend who is now here along with the dish towels I embroidered for her and an apron to top it off. She was so thrilled. Had also given 2 step-daughters, 1 DIL and 1 daughter a lot of dish rags too.
Joan, thanks for the encouragement. If this heat ever lets up I may get my brain working again to think up some designs. Guess that means I'll have to get some more towels or material soon.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:42:50 AM  Show Profile
Forgot, Kim those dish cloths sets are beautiful. Have never heard of fig and strawberry jam. But I bet its really good.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  1:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Kim, those dishcloth sets are beautiful! I would buy sets of those if you ever decide to go into business. I know...a lot of work!
I haven't made aprons for awhile because before I joined Farmgirls I had made everyone I know one. I used a strip piecing technique. This example below was made way back in 2006, so I didn't make it today, but I thought it is a good sample for you to copy. Basically you make your front and back pieces with pockets, sew rights sides together, turn it, press, and gather the the apron and make a waistband. I didn't really know how to make a waistband then and now see there are better ways to do it from the MJF patterns and seeing your examples. But anyway, enjoy...I like strip piecing in sewing and made this set of apron, placemats, napkins and pot holder for my sister-in-law who loves her moring cup of coffee. She always use to say, "Come on guys wake up and smell the coffee!" when she was trying to make a point in her opinions that were important to her. Funny how sayings come and go. She doesn't say that anymore, but she still has her apron set!
Have good days!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  7:45:55 PM  Show Profile
I have been making these clothes pin bags for friends and famiy and my girlfriend asked me to make some to sell in her shop. I plan to use fabric I have on hand, but also want to find some fun vintage & retro fabric. This is the first time I have made something to sell...I'm excited!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  04:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Sabrena! We are getting ready for the fair next month. I finished a scrapbook on the vacation we took last week. I am embroidering a dresser scarf and hope its done on time. I have a water stain (thrift store find) on it. Any tips to remove that? Years ago I laundered by hand a cross stich picture and the thread colors ran and ruined it so I am nervous about it. My 16 and 13 year olds finished 3 crafts each yesterday. I found jar decorating kits for quart mason jars at a dollar store in Branson. They turned out cute. Then they raided my scrapbooking supplies and made invitations and greeting cards.
Go to Top of Page

Kimarie91
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Kim
Tx
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  08:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimarie91 a Yahoo! Message
Love the clothespin bag and the strip apron too!

I have thought of opening an Etsy shop with a few different items I like to sew and knit, but my son starts Kindergarten this year and I work full time so that will have to wait :) Thank you for the complements on the sets. Trying to get ahead of the holiday crafting rush!

I NEED to work on some things for the birthday's during the summer, but am using the Charmed Knits book from the library to knit the Harry Potter Sweater for my son for Christmas. Started it last night!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile
My Mother used to make clothespin bags that looked like little girl's dresses. So cute. I wish I had the ambition to make things like that, but I'm so into quilting that I don't have time.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  12:42:26 PM  Show Profile
I just saw a clothespin bag shaped like a little girl's dress at the thrift store--complete with clothespins.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  1:37:26 PM  Show Profile
I found one of those little girl dress clothespin bags at a thrift store and bought it (had clothes pins in it too). Just couldn't pass it up. But don't use it on the line outside. It's hanging on the wall in my laundry room along with some enamel dish pans (5) I've also found.
Sabrena, think yours will sell like hot cakes. They look so cute.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  1:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Annie, that apron and placements and napkins are just way too cute. What a great idea for a hostess gift or wedding shower gift. All made with love.
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Sabrena, that is so cute. I hope you sale a ton of them..
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  5:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Annette, I love your aprons!
Nicole, your embroidery is very nice. You did a really nice job.

Here is my new purse I made myself. I plan on making some Ipad and Kindle cases like this for my etsy shop.

I spent the day cleaning up my basement sewing room. Boy do I have a lot of STUFF! Lots of fabric I need to get on my online fabric shop. Maybe some day I'll have it all done. I like sewing too much though.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page