Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 April/May issue of MaryJanesFarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic April/May issue of MaryJanesFarm Next Topic
Page: of 3

whymsicalmysfit
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

jaime
malden washington
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls!! I just wanted to let you all know that one of my Bestfriends just called me and told me she got her MJF Mag in her mailbox today!! My phone has been ringing off the HOOK with orders already and I wanted to let everyone know that I am tirelessly working on my website www.whimsicalmysfitstudio.com! PLEASE HAVE PATIENTS with me as I am working as fast as I can to upload my pics and prices, I will be adding my inventory of Paper, Soaps & Art Yarn and ofcoarse Bees Buttons.. I just dont want to let any of you farmgirls down. THANK YOU TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS & FAMILY FOR SUPPORTING MY ARTISTIC ADVENTURE...Thanks To MJF!!! I have this amazing swarm of Butterflies inside right now but they are butterflies of delight!! Thank you & I will be posting updates here on the forum aswell! Farmgirl love - Jaime Whitney

"May all your weeds be wildflowers"
Go to Top of Page

whymsicalmysfit
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

jaime
malden washington
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  4:09:25 PM  Show Profile
sorry I goofed here is my web adress I was so excited I put an! oooops hahaha www.whimsicalmysfitstudio.com Handmade Paper, Handspun Hand Dyed Art Yarn, Handmade Herbal soaps THANKS & Enjoy as for now Im off to work on the site my goal is to have it done by the end of the nite DIGGIN DEEP FOR MY FARMGIRL POWER!!

"May all your weeds be wildflowers"
www.whimsicalmysfitstudio.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  4:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Mine just arrived today!! I'm sitting down now with some iced blueberry tea to enjoy it.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Wahooo!, just got back from the mailbox & guess what I got???
Yepadoodle, my MJF magazine...ok, off to open a can of soup for hubby's dinner, fix myself a cup of tea, snag a few cookies & go plant myself on the dofa and read my magazine....what? you think I'm kidding?
lolololol!
Hey Kim, pass me a cup of that yummy blueberry tea...please...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Mar 04 2010 4:58:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  5:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Mine came today!!!!! Skimmed through it, but will devour it tomorrow, to busy today! Love MJF magazine!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  7:32:17 PM  Show Profile
hey Julia, I'm already 1/2 way through!...& I luv the cute "barn Quilt" idea on the garage doors...now why didn't think of that!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  7:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I got it today and love it!!! I am reading it cover to cover tonight!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  05:28:54 AM  Show Profile
WooHoo! I got my copy yesterday. Another great issue. Thanks to everyone who put it all together!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  1:09:02 PM  Show Profile
My loom has been idle for far too long...looking forward to some inspiration!

Therese
Sister #1217

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  1:55:27 PM  Show Profile
My postal box was happy today!!! MJF mag and DVD's from Amazon :-) Do you think I can wait to read the magazine till next friday when I fly to Houston??? I am going to try my best - fingers crossed.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile
I got mine the other day and my hubby's been reading it. He found the article on honey and cinnamon. I think he's been converted, ya'll! I have skimmed through it and will start reading soon. There are some really good looking articles in this one.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  11:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love the "Barn Quilt" garage door thing too Grace! It is so cute!! I love it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  10:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Thinking about doing a garage quilt, too. My hubby promised a "canvas" and then I'll hang it about the garage door since it is a two story building with a workshop above. It will be visible to traffic coming from the south on the major road out of Argyle...runs right past the end of our road.

Spent the morning outside on Sunday, wandering the property (all one half acre of it :) )and planning my spring and summer projects. Also peeked into my Tag A Long camper and breathed in that outdoorsy smell that is so exciting....makes me want to sleep outside!!

So glad to have the spring issue of MJF magazine to keep me going when the sun hides and the temp dips down below freezing. We'll keep hanging in there!!

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  9:39:14 PM  Show Profile
I loved the spiritual feel of gardens as peacemakers and spiritually nurturing spaces.Both Mary Jane's intro and the article about laundry and living in an Amish community, touched me deeply.
Sometimes I think it's just as important, the vibes from the garden, than eating the food therein.

I believe the good positivity and the love given to the earth, reflecting back on you is maybe as much a statement of peace, a revolution.Maybe it can help save this earth.

When I met Mary Jane the most impressive thing to me (believe me there is alot to be impressed by), was her deep calm, a rootedness and presence. I try to gain something like this in my daily meditations.But I have not mastered this calm that Mary Jane imbibes.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  9:46:53 PM  Show Profile
hmmm, my little "blond" brain is churning...I am thinking about enlargeing & photo copying some quilt block pictures....then decopaging them on card stock & sealing w/a spray varnish...then I can use sticky backed velcro tabs to attach my "version" of Barn Quilts on my garage door w/o doing any damage to our garage door which is metal....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:23:00 AM  Show Profile
ooooooo! Can't wait to make the cute little Broom Apron for my broom!

Keep up the great work, MJF, love it, love it!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:34:28 AM  Show Profile
I love thee new issue, so many wonderful ideas! I especially appreciated the recipe conversions for gluten free. Thanks so much for thinking about those of us that need that.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

missgive
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Kim
Blairsville Georgia
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Ok - finished my first read through - ready to start my detailed read through now - it is to be savored like a great cup of tea or awesome meal -s-l-o-w-l-y to be enjoyed. Off to my next mini-vacation- a day with MJ.....
Kim

Kim (aka missgive)
Proud Farmgirl Sister #927
A Farmgirl Sister headed for my mountain home and farm in 2010.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:42:06 AM  Show Profile
Sandy, Me too on the broom apron--I've been wanting to make it since I saw it in MJ's first book. But first off I need to get a corn broom! I have one of these "modern" brooms that don't lend itself to the broom cover. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:31:33 PM  Show Profile
I love the little broom apron. The start on weaving. I really need to get on that. Mary jane just knows what we love. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me too!! I really want to make one. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  12:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
WOW had lunch today with another Farm Girl fro the area and found the new MJF and had to buy it and love it so much I cant wait to get threw all of the reading WEAVING IS AWESOME I just did some with my children and made book marks and so I will have to see what sort of new ideas we can come up with doing this!!!! Then I also loved the broom aprons soo cute!!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
This will be my second magazine! I can not wait!!!!!!the outdoor bathing sounds fun and the cover has me all amped up to start my garden this year!!!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  07:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I love make homemade paper and I have to say that seeing it in the magazine was so awesome I make a bunch with different petals from flowers and it makes a really nice card--- Ladys should try it some time---Have kids they LOVE IT

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

child in harmony
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Marcia
Middleboro MA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile
I actually stayed in the car when my 13+ yr old went into his guitar lesson. Know why? My first magazine came and I couldn't put it down.(My son didn't mind hehe).

I felt like I met a Kindred Spirit, someone who understood the workings of my own heart. I can't even name my most favorite part because most ALL was my favorite.

I do have plans to make a weaving loom for my garden though.

~marcia

www.harmonywoodsfarm.com
www.childinharmony.com

"Enriching,nurturing and inspiring Life with nature,animals
and the arts .. for the child and the child within"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic April/May issue of MaryJanesFarm Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page