Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 CT Simpler Life Sisters Update 05/09/2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic CT Simpler Life Sisters Update 05/09/2019 Next Topic
Page: of 7

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  05:58:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi, a new chapter in the CT area is formed! If you are interested, please email me! We are called the Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters. Our first get together will be in April! Please email me if you are in the Danbury area and would like to come!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

Edited by - texdane on May 09 2019 06:48:34 AM

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:03:35 PM  Show Profile
First get-together is Friday, April 30th, 7:30 pm. Please email me if you are interested and I can forward the details. It will be fun!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

aeminasian
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Alice
Danbury Connecticut
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  8:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to it!!

Farmgirl #12
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  06:50:08 AM  Show Profile

Reminder! Our first Get-Together, is this Friday, April 30th. Potluck, come eat, chat, and make some new farmgirl friends! Wear your prettiest apron (optional but fun!) We look to be a fairly large group...should be alot of fun! Email me if anyone else is interested!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Edited by - texdane on Apr 26 2010 06:52:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  09:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Cute chapter name Nicole.. Good for you.. Have a blast at your first meeting.. We (Prosser Farmgirls) are hosting our first "Farmgirls on the Loose" event on the 30th... so what a great farmgirl weekend....for the both of us.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  09:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Rene! I thought I was "all alone" in my love for vintage, homemade, and "simpler"...now I have about 15 girls coming to my home this Friday! Good luck with your first meeting, too. I'll let you know how we make out on Friday. Putting together some new member packets and planning my dishes, etc. :)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  05:45:52 AM  Show Profile
We had our first chapter meeting last night and it was a fun, wonderful time! We lucked out in CT with warm, beautiful weather (finally), and we ended up being nine ladies in attendance for the evening. We ate, laughed, wore our aprons, and sat in a craft circle. Thanks to everyone who came and for bringing all the delicious dishes, appetizers, and desserts. Thanks to my little daughter Audrey who wore her apron and served as co-hostess. This is a fun, fun group! Hope to see you all next month. Will post details soon. Thanks again to all who came!

Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Edited by - texdane on May 01 2010 05:50:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

aeminasian
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Alice
Danbury Connecticut
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  11:33:57 AM  Show Profile
I had such a nice time last night. Nicole is such a gracious hostess and Audrey is the most amazing co-hostess. It was so wonderful getting to meet like-minded gals and just chat, relax, work on some crafts and eat some delicious food! One of the nicest evenings I've had in a long time! Thanks so much for organizing this Nicole!

Farmgirl #12
Go to Top of Page

realjane
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Cathey
New Milford CT
USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  7:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I also wanted to thank you Nicole for starting this chapter and for such a fun evening. Both food, company and music were great. I too thought I was alone in my love of vintage, homemade and simpler. I think you picked the best chapter name too! Looking forward to our next meeting and your sweet co-hostess Audrey.

Traveled through a path in time
where reality was fine
and simple things gave peace of mind.
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  07:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!

Next get-together is Friday, May 28th, 7:30 pm. Please RSVP and let me know if you can make it and what potluck you can bring.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

aeminasian
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Alice
Danbury Connecticut
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile
I plan to be there! I can bring another salad or an appetizer, or whatever you need. Just let me know!

Farmgirl #12
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Update 5/25: We are having another potluck dinner this Friday on May 28th. A special guest "farmgirl" who owns and runs a local goat/alpaca/sheep farm is coming to speak about her farm, and will demonstrate spinning wool on a spinning wheel! She will also bring a basket of her goat milk soap (it is wonderful!!). Bring a dish, and some "lapwork". Please RSVP (email me) by ASAP if you are planning on coming and what you can bring to the potluck. Should be lots of fun!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Edited by - texdane on May 25 2010 05:21:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  06:16:32 AM  Show Profile
We had our second meeting last night. Great fun. The owner of Rowanwood farm came and told us all about her goats and alpacas on the farm, and what it takes to make soap. She brought her wonderful goat milk soaps! Also, we had our potluck and again, everyone brought something delicious. Next up: canning class in Torrington, CT.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

aeminasian
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Alice
Danbury Connecticut
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  06:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Last night's get together was wonderful. Nicole, we'll have to have AJ back to demonstrate her spinning! Looking forward to the canning class! XO!

Farmgirl #12
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! Let's get-together! The next get together for Connecticut Simpler Sisters is coming up, Friday, Augeust 6th, 2010 at 7:30. Don't be shy! If you are interested in coming for a visit, please email me for info! If you are already a 'regular' please RSVP by August 2nd! Pot-luck, keep it simple, it's a hot summer, and bring your lapwork, if you like. We will talk about getting together next for a weekend barbeque. Let's get our momentum back...missed you all! Hugs! New gals - don't be shy!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  05:36:15 AM  Show Profile
Last night's Get-Together was a smaller group than usual, but think we all still had fun, with the exception of the "uninvited guests" (mosquitoes) when we tried to dine outside. We never left the kitchen table to do lapwork, and the conversation included lots of laughs! Hope you all enjoyed it. Upcoming get-togethers include a Halloween swap, possibly a concert at a local winery, and visiting a farm where we can take a class on how to milk a cow and then bake a pie afterwards! (Cathy, please forward that info, sounds like everyone would really like to do that). Thanks for coming everyone.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

aeminasian
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Alice
Danbury Connecticut
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  05:41:12 AM  Show Profile
It was definitely fun! Before we knew it, it was 12:30AM!! Thanks again Nicole!

Farmgirl #12
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Next Sunday: August 22nd, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters - Let's go to the Elephant Trunk Flea market! :)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  9:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole,
Sounds like your CT chapter is a hit. I wish I wasn't so far away, I was near Sandy Hook a couple of weeks ago and it was a haul.
What and where is the Elephant Trunk flea Market? Maybe I could get my DH to bring me, and send him off for coffee and I could get a chance to meet some of my CT farm Sisters.
Liz
P.S. I like the name you chose for the CT Chapter.
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Liz!

The Elephant Trunk is the large, outdoor flea market in New Milford, CT. I first read about it years ago in Country Living magazine. It is every Sunday from April to November. I will email you, maybe you can join us. :)

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  06:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

We did not get to go to the Elephant Trunk flea market last week due to weather. It will be nice this Sunday, so anyone interested in going together, please drop me a line!

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  06:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Sunday at the Flea Market was a small group, but fun!

Please come - September "Knit In", Saturday, September 18th, 1 to 4. Dessert and coffee. Bring whatever "lapwork" you wish - knitting, embroidery, scrapbooking, etc. Just an easy, casual get together. RSVP to Nicole (texdane). We are open to new members.

Coming soon: (October) - learn to milk a cow at a local farm, Halloween Movie night with Goodie Bag Swap

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

Heidi Jackson
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Heidi
New York New York
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile

Dear Nicole and Fellow Sister,

So sorry that I can't come on Sunday, nothing I like better than a good cup of coffee and some serious knitting but atlas the retail world calls. But wild boars will not keep me away from the October gathering were I have not only requested the day off but intend to lie about sniffing the autumnal air. Can't wait.

Heidi

“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  5:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Heidi,
So looking forward to meeting you in person, my friend!

Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  05:45:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, I think our chapter had a ball this weekend! We took an "Organic Homesteading Pie Making Class" at a CT farm! Will post details on a different thread. Next up: this Friday, 6:30 pm chili night with Halloween Goodie bag swap and a movie.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  4:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters (and anyone who'd like to join us). Please come to our Holiday Party, Saturday December 11th, at 7 PM. Please bring an appetizer, main dish or dessert, and a wrapped gift no more than $5 to $10 to swap. The twist: the gift must be homemade/handmade. It can be anything you wish, but must be made by you! RSVP no later than Friday, December 3rd, please. (Email me).

Looking ahead to January, we will be doing a "Soup Swap"! Bring a pot of your favorite soup and come to a soup tasting!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic CT Simpler Life Sisters Update 05/09/2019 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page