Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Step Daughter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Step Daughter Next Topic  

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  06:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Please pray for me...my stepdaughter is coming this weekend. She's about to turn 18 and she hasn't been a pleasant one to be around for some time. I can't remember when we've had a pleasant weekend with her. Thank you.

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  07:02:23 AM  Show Profile
The teen years are hard on both of you. Wishing peace and happiness to both of you. And praying for your sanity ! Seriously, I hope that all goes well and you have a Happy Easter

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You both have my prayers and hugs!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  11:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Lots of hugs and prayers. It isn't easy being a teen or sometimes dealing with a teen. God Bless.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  12:51:43 PM  Show Profile
I have a 17 year old, sometimes they are hard to love....well maybe hard to llike is a better choice of words. Hang in there, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  4:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Lots of hugs and prayers to both of you. I have three girls and only one of them passed 18 without me almost loosing my mind. That is a hard age for them and I guess stepdaughters might even be harder. Hang in there it might be better by the time she hits 24 LOL.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile
Robin, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that the weekend is filled with peace and blessings for you all.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  11:14:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for ya Robin!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  4:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I know how you feel. My step-daughter came over yesterday with her beautiful baby and her well behaved dog.That my DH is allergic to. I already had the 3 year old over here and he's a real joy. But my SD & I just don't see eye to eye. Her dad stayed in the garage claiming he had to fix a car, then he had to clean the garage. But after about 5 hours she went home and the house was quiet and boring. I always miss my grandson when he's not around, and I'm always glad to see her leave but to tell the truth slowly we are getting along better. She needs a growen up to talk to at times, but would never admit it. How-ever we actually have small talk now that helps. Plus 8 years ago I told her to get out of my house and don't come back until you can be nice to your dad and I. Then I left and walked about 5 miles and came home she was gone and my husband stood by my side. She's getting more enjoyalbe with every visit. Sometimes I feel sorry for her as she's a young mom with 2 beautiful children living in a rented home. With a dominate boyfriend. Give it sometime you may some day be able to use the word enjoyable and step-daughter in the same sentence. I never thought I would but now I can..

You are both in my prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  09:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  10:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Robin you are in by prayers. DD has a stepson and it can be difficult. For one thing is that she raise's her children differently than how his mother does. Even though he lives with DD and family sometimes the visits with his mother will come back with him. He is now in college and I think he's really starting to respect how DD handles things. But it is very stressful. I do pray that your visit will be better this time.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  7:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Prayers, indeed, are going your way. Smile, breath, think good thoughts.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls for prayin me through! It was an okay weekend! We had a couple hiccups but there were other things going for me that beat out the hiccups with her! But keep prayin for her, for me, for her biologicals! Hugs to you all!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  10:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I sure will Robin! Thanks for keeping us updated!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  05:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Prayers still coming. As she matures hopefully she'll see what a wonderful lady you are and be happy to have you in her life. HUGS~~~~Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:13:27 PM  Show Profile
prayers are sent to you and for her to have a change of heart maybe someday see will
have patience and smile alot. knowing you are not alone and all your sisters are here
for you
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  5:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Farmgirls!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  7:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
DD turned 18 yesterday! She's supposedly coming sometime this weekend! Hopefully it will be pleasant! :S

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  7:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Hope it all goes well, and you all have a wonderful weekend.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  09:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
DD is coming for a few hours today! She doesn't stay as long as she used to since she turned 18. I think that gives a little relief to all of us because she's not as miserable. We don't all feel like we have to tolerate her for the whole weekend. She is quite an unhappy young lady for reasons that are really unnecessary reasons. Hopefully these things will pass as she grows! Actually I know they will cuz the Lord is faithful! He promises to make something beautiful out of things for those who love Him...I love Him so I know something beautiful is coming! Pray she will learn to love Him!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I sure will be praying Robin.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  5:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I will be praying for you and your daughter. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  7:08:44 PM  Show Profile
One day, after you are friends, you will look back and laugh at this! Praying for you both...

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13585 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13585 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  5:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I want to, as the "step-grandmother", for this child, thank you for your prayers.
Obviously I know the situation, the girl and all the issues.
They are significant and I also know what she has told me in my private . . and confidential. . . conversations with her.

I've tried to encourage Robin that she WILL grow up, she WILL learn more about life and she WILL experience some hard knocks that, hopefully, will teach her.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!
CJ . .

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Step Daughter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page