Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Small-town Quilt Stops
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Small-town Quilt Stops Next Topic
Page: of 4

Calico Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Meg
Middle Tennessee
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  4:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Any suggestions for quilt shops in Southern Missouri?
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  12:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Meg, The only thing I can think of is to "google" some towns where you will be and see if they have quilt stores. I do this quite often and have found many that way.
Hope this helps
Hugs, Ruth

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  05:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Hey farmgirls: Most quilt shops have a book called "Quilter's Travel Companion. It's in its 11th edition. It lists quilt shops in every state. Take a look at it when you are in a quilt shop and locate those quilt shops, or best yet, buy the book. $19.95 by Chalet Publishion 2506 Robinson St. Colorado Springs, CO 80904

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:07:53 AM  Show Profile
The best shop I have been to is in St. Cloud, MN, called Gruber's. They have an amazing selection of fabric and patterns, and even some yarn, punch needle, and rugg hooking items. When I visit home I always have to make a stop there!
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:29:53 AM  Show Profile
There are a couple of great quilt shops in southeastern Arizona. Cow-Girl Up Quilts is located at 344 E. 4th Street in Benson; (520) 586-1616. The Squirrel's Nest is located at 4049 Camino Principal in Sierra Vista; (520) 417-1070. There is also another quilt store in Sierra Vista but I am not sure of the name and location. The Squirrel's Nest also carries yarn and has classes. Took a class on there locker hook rugs, which I totally enjoyed -- have made a a couple of rugs using cotton material and yarn. Would like to make one using both material and yarn together, a project that is on my "to do" list. Somehow my "to do" list keeps getting longer and longer!

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  12:50:19 PM  Show Profile
We had a small quilt shop, well actually two. One moved to Arizona and the other store went out of business. These shops were not in our town but in the nearby city. Since I own a lot of fabrics, my sons created an online fabric store to sell my fabrics.

http://fabrics.countrynmore.com/

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrynmore2

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  07:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Hey Carole!

I was just going to mention Cowgirl-Up Quilts in Benson! LOL!! What a great store she has! I have signed up to take a class on making a fabric wallet. I also LOVE The Squirrel's Nest! I have been going there ever since she was in town in Sierra Vista. Whenever I need really good yarn or knitting needles, I have to make a special trip to Sierra Vista. It's a good thing I don't live closer to Sierra Vista, I could spend WAAAY too much money in there!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  07:00:19 AM  Show Profile
I know of a quilt shop that is not even in a town. It is called "Needle in a Haystack" and is located near Severy, Kansas on Highway 96. There is a big silo next to the shop. It is about an hour from my place so I've only stopped there a couple times on my way to Missouri or coming back from there. It is a good size shop with lots of fabric, etc.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  11:39:00 AM  Show Profile

Checkerberries Quilt Shop
997 First NH Turnpike
Northwood, NH 03261

Found this little place while driving through some of the countryside of New Hampshire. It was darling! and they had a great variety as well as sample projects and quilts and stuff I hadn't seen anywhere else before. I bought some pieces of fabric and enjoyed just looking around. The staff were lovely!

Their website is at www.checkerberriesquiltshop.com

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Peacefulheart
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Penny
Michigan
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Fannas Mercantile in Hesperia, Michigan
The General Store in Whitehall, Michigan
Quilted Memories, Montague, Michigan

I love Fannas the best :-) there is also Hesperia Variety Store right near Fannas that sells a lot of the same high end fabrics for only $2.99 a yard, I found the Civil War Reproduction prints there too..just love them
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  05:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
The Woolen Willow in Williamstown, WV...it was featured in a back issue of BHG Quilting Magazine. It is a really cute shop and I love the fabrics...I can spend hours in there!

"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."
Source Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Fannie
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

North Huntingdon PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  06:05:08 AM  Show Profile
We could use some quilt shops around here. We live outside of Pittsburgh Pa. Thank goodness for online shops.

Fannie
Farm Girl #2746
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
If you are ever in North Idaho stop by Mrs. Sew and Sews Quilt store. St.Maries Idaho. When they say that great things come in small packages they were talking about Mrs. Sew and Sews.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
farmgirl # 2811
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  07:36:38 AM  Show Profile
There are quite a few beautiful quilt stops in Berea, KY!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  12:49:51 PM  Show Profile
If anyone gets to Ohio ... there are 2 very sweet shops near me.
Forever in Stitches is in Bluffton, Ohio on Main St.
Heavenly Stitches is in Lima, Ohio on Greeley Chapel Rd.
Both are great little hometown shops.
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  06:52:37 AM  Show Profile
A Little Touch of Heaven
102 E. Main Street, Wayne, Ohio

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  07:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh.... I have been there. It is fantastic - you are right.... it is stacked from end to end and from floor to ceiling. I love it. Such great memorys... I sure miss PA.

Judy Kelius, one my favorite antique quilt dealers, writes, "that a new find that is not to be missed is Obie's Country Store on Route 23 in Goodville, not far from the intersection with Route 625 (about a mile from Shady Maple towards Morgantown). Other than some penny candy and a few odds & ends, it is crammed (and I mean jammed!) with fabric. There are also new quilts for sale. This has the largest selection of preprints and novelty fabrics that I've ever seen plus lots of quality quilt fabrics. The challenge is finding what you want - there is a LOT of fabric in this place. Prices are much cheaper than the quilt shops. Check it out!"

Debi
Herb19355

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

natalielove
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Natalie
Shaker Heights Ohio
USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile
New to the Sisterhood so I am now adding one of my favorite small town quilt shops - Quilts & Kreations in South Amherst, OH (on Route 113). Big shop, lots of neat stuff and great classes.

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Go to Top of Page

duckmama
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Robin
Minnesota
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  11:50:51 AM  Show Profile
After much frustration trying to find a selection of organic fabrics I could touch... I decided to open my own Fabric Studio.

I have a basic believe that fabric is what you make of it. My shop is filled with organic and traditional fabrics and patterns for quilts, aprons, and garments. I also make and repurpose products and do repairs for people!

So if any of you are ever traveling I95 or I495 in the area of Amesbury MA come find me! I am only a few miles from both highways in a very alive little downtown.
Robin
Duckmama

Driven 2 Distraction

Designing Green
Living Green
Go to Top of Page

drlex1995
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  8:31:58 PM  Show Profile
The Quilted Raven (www.quiltedravenalaska.com)and The Quilt Tree (www.quiltree.com) in Anchorage, Alaska are both worth visiting if you're in the Anchorage area. The Quilted Raven is smaller but it's in downtown Anchorage and offers more "Alaskana" products that would make good souvenirs/gifts. The Quilt Tree has a huge selection of fabrics and has a good sized selection of yarn (in their Yarn Branch "mini-store") and offers lots of classes--that's where I learned to applique and knit. I hear that The Far North Yarn Company (www.akfnyc.com) is a good yarn shop but I haven't visited yet.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone!

I'm planning to head out on a roadtrip soon so I wrote down the names of many of these delightful-sounding shops!
I can't wait!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

CCChristen
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Cynthia
Lockwood CA
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  2:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone. My favorite quilt Shop is the Cotton Ball in Moro Bay Ca. If any of you are that way you must stop and see what they have. And say hi to Rob the owner He is a quilter!

Happy Trails
Line Shack Farmgirl #1570
Go to Top of Page

Apache Lady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Erika
La Puente California
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  2:09:48 PM  Show Profile
I haven't found a favorite quilting store here in So Cal, but there is a great fabric store in Anaheim called M&L Fabrics. Very dangerous place for me! I was just there on Sunday :)
I did do some shop hopping while I was in Alaska, and my favorite so far was Quilt Kits Alaska in Kenai. I had done a wolf quilt a while back, but the included fabrics made it look more like a Malamute. She had a kit with fabrics of her own choosing and it came out gorgeous, very wolfish. Plus I got to experience a real Alaskan earthquake at the store, and Mt. Redoubt was smoking on the horizon.
Go to Top of Page

ladylace
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Donna
Duluth Georgia
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:22:17 PM  Show Profile
My favorite quilt shop is in Dahlonega, called Magical Threads. My next favorite is in Seattle , Undercover Quilts. They get fabric that as much as I love my shops in Georgia we cant get. That is why Quilt shows are so cool. You get to see what every one else has. I also like Georgia Sewing and Quiling in Buford Ga. There are others that are good too. But those are my favorites.
Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  2:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Donna I love Magical Threads in Dahlonega also. I don't live close enough to go very often though. I can go if we go riding for the day up that way. Do you know of any other shops close by?

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Small-town Quilt Stops Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page