Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 So frustrated . . . and in need of prayer!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic So frustrated . . . and in need of prayer! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:33:52 AM  Show Profile
Morning, Farmgirls. . . This last week has been very hard and stressful. I will try to explain it as best I can.

We sold our house and closed on it on Wednesday. Our new house (the old 1898 farmhouse) was supposed to close that same day. The paperwork for what they call a "rapid re-score" has been holding up that. We have good credit, but we paid off a credit card, making our debt-to-income ratio better, which will now give us "excellent" credit, allowing us the best interest rate available at par, with no buy-down points. We did the rapid re-score over three weeks ago and the company that does this (not our mortgage lender, but a third party they used) kept denying the proof of payments we gave them for various reasons . . . it wasn't on bank letterhead, it didn't have a certain "99" number they needed, etc.) We kept giving them new proof and tried to jump through all their hoops. Finally, on the fourth attempt, they have accepted it, but have still not completed all the re-scoring. One of the three main credit reporting agencies is completed, so we have to wait for the other two.

So, we explained this to the sellers of the new place, told them we have the funding in our bank and that there is no risk of this not going through . . . it is simply waiting. We even offered to show them proof that we have the 20% down and closing costs in the bank. Our sold house has already funded and wired us the money. They gave the appearance of being fine with everything.

Since we thought we were closing on Wednesday, and these people had been so nice and agreeable so far, when we outgrew the shop, where they had been allowing us to put things, my husband Ron said, "Lets go ahead and set the rest in the house . . . they won't care, we are closing anyway . . ." I worried about this, but went ahead. We came from a 2760 ft. house, with a 400 ft. garage and a 250 ft. storage unit, so fitting everything in to 1500 ft. just didn't really work. When the day came to close (or so we thought . . .) I also put our frig and freezer things in their frig so it didn't spoil, thinking we were just a few hours off. Please note this house was sitting empty for months and we did nothing to harm anything . . . simply put some things inside it a few hours early. I sell antiquesas well, so we have more stuff than the average family of 5.

Well, now the house still hasn't closed, but most likely will Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. Rather than having some understanding for the fact that we are homeless, they are throwing a fit, saying we "violated them" (hmmm . . . that isn't my definition of what someone does to me if I am violated! LOL!) They are demanding a large sum of money and dating it back to Tuesday, though we didn't put things there until Wednesday and have not lived there.

We have been living at my parents since Wednesday, but truly had no where to put the rest of the stuff. It has gotten very tense and ugly, our animals are in the kennel cages in the basement because my parents are allergic and my kids are so frustrated. We asked if we can simply move our stuff that we put in the house out into the shop (which will be like stuffing an elephant into a small purse) and return the house to how it was, but have not heard back yet. If they do not let us, when we caused no harm or damage, it will be obvious it is just about wanting the money, not that we violated something. I do not undertand why they have no compassion for our situation . . . where do they expect us to put everything? We have proven we have funding, our mortgage lender has assured them the sale is still strong and at no risk and the house was standing empty anyway.

Still waiting to hear and I am so stressed out.

Your prayers are appreciated.

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Praying that the seller's will have some compassion for your situation. So sorry to hear what you are going through. The waiting game is very difficult, my prayers to you also Brenda.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  12:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Lots of prayers Brenda. It is a shame things got ugly. People are really something.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  1:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about such a ridiculous situation. You are in my prayers for a happy and satisfactory outcome for all.
My best,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  6:27:47 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for all this mess up you are going through. Praying that the seller's will try to put themselves in your place and ease up.

Hugs,Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  4:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Praying it all works out fine for all of you..Who knows they may have had a bee in their bonnet..I pray also it closes tomorrow for you.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  6:25:42 PM  Show Profile
praying that all works out for you and you get into your new home quickly
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls . . . Thank you so much for your kind love and prayers . . . it is so appreciated. We have tried to rectify the situation . . . offered to pay rent, but they just want to be mad. It looks like we will be able to close tomorrow, but we are still not sure if they are going to demand money from us because of having a few things in the house. I so wish I could have just taken the stuff out of the house, but that would have been trespassing further. I just pray we can close tomorrow and that they will simply get over it and move on. We have apologized to death and they seem to have no ability to hear it nor accept it. We did not harm anything and it was an empty house that doesn't even lock, so the degree of anger is truly hard to accept . . . especially their lack of being able to accept an apology or let us rectify the situation. This has certainly been a learning experience! I will let you know once we close!

Thanks again for your love and prayers!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad Brenda. I hope that it goes better now.

Lots of prayers.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that this all works out for you. Know that you are thought of and please keep us posted on how everyhthing is going.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  7:44:45 PM  Show Profile
prayers all goes well

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic So frustrated . . . and in need of prayer! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page