Go to Top of Page

bobosmom
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Ellen
Lynnwood WA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile
That is such a great idea... I cannot wait to try it.
Go to Top of Page

Bensgrandma
True Blue Farmgirl

227 Posts

Alexis
White Oak PA
USA
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  05:16:12 AM  Show Profile
This was a great laugh for the morning. I got a real chuckle out of thinking about hanging one outside with cloths pins in it. What would the neighbors say!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsandStitches

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ACharmingExperience
Go to Top of Page

jenfulks
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Jennifer
Colorado Springs CO
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  06:59:35 AM  Show Profile
ROFL!!! This is just what I needed to start my day! A great idea and some really great laughs! Thank you ladies!
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile
hmm this gave me a thought. I wonder if putting some batting in the pads, if it would then make good pin cushions. Of course you probably wouldn't want it out for when company was over though.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  11:47:38 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

1 word: SLINGSHOT!!!! Double Whammy!

hahahaha!!! Kidding! Although I'm sure it would make for one heck of a time! hahaha!!!

<3 Kate
Farmgirl# 2958

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  03:55:30 AM  Show Profile
hahahaha. Fun idea, although by the time I'm done using a bra it's practically threadbare! Finding nice fitting, attractive bras for women with my size (f/g) is next to impossible!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile
I wonder....would birdies use them for nests? Can you imagine what visitors would think seeing bra cups in trees and under the eves of the house?? I just might have to try this!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  5:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Luanne, LOL. Why ever not?!? It would make colorful little birdie hammocks! Go for it.;)

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fiddlehead Farm

None of my bras are worn out, because I hate them! I have a drawer full of ill fitting, pinch me in the ribs pretties. Now I know what to do with them! If anyone has a kind of bra they like, please do tell.

Fiddlehead I have had very good luck with Wacoal bras. They can be bought for a good price off Ebay. They are great for full figured ladies.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  09:46:00 AM  Show Profile
What a crazy bunch of girls you all are. I think I'm in the right place. Bra cups for birds nests. Love it!

Life is not a dress rehearsel.
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  05:07:21 AM  Show Profile
ok after reading this I just had to tell you this story..back in the 1970's we were visiting my great grandmother at her huge farm in Texas, well she had no clothes dryer but hung her clothes out on the line each day...well she had very large breast so you can image the size of those big white bras swinging in the breeze....well since her garden was set up to feed 4 families us kids had to tend to it each morning before it got too hot & we were doing cantaloupes...you know where this is going, don't ya???....I put 2 cantaloupes in one of the bras....if we had been doing the watermelons they would have fit quite nicely..but the cantaloupes went in & since the bra cups were so large it hid them...Needless to say all day long us kids when out side would be laughing & the older folks had no idea until great grandmother, grandmother & mom when to get the clothes off the line....Great grandmother acted like she was displeased but you could tell she liked that we had teased her....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622

Edited by - batznthebelfry on May 23 2011 4:29:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Michele, that is such a wonderful story!!! Thank you for sharing!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  09:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Michelle, seriously, you are too funny. You bring so much to each thread you post on. I'm constantly reading your posts to my DH. Fun! My grandmas bras caused many a giggle drying on the line too. Your story made me remember tons-thanks.

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  04:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Michele!!! That is hilarious!!! I love it! Unfortunately for me my brassieres would hold perhaps a lovely pair of (my first thought was kiwis but they're sorta shaped oddly aren't they? So let's stay away from those!) clementines!hahahaha!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  07:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kate, there is not a thing wrong with clementines, right!?;)

Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  8:09:34 PM  Show Profile
That's right Annette! I've got all I need! I stand proud! hahahaha!!! Besides, I'm pretty petite, any bigger and I'd topple over! hahahahaha!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Edited by - Chickadoodle_KM on May 26 2011 8:10:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  08:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kate, I'm really small too117lbs & 5'5", after nursing 4 bbs, I have a larger bust, but there isn't a whole lot of *umph* left to 'em! If they were still full or "stand up", I'd probably look like a tree looking through binoculars!!

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  10:42:40 AM  Show Profile
For all you girls/hens with smaller breast sizes I think you should be very proud...to be able to wear a strapless dress ect I think would be wonderful at times...Now me..the ole 38DD's would be sliding down into the waistline wanting to be tucked away....& annette I too would be a tree but these puppies would be swinging like it was a wind storm coming thur...black eyes for any that are near me at the time....Plus at 117 lbs honey you would look like a Tiggy with massive stripper breast...now I am not saying thats a bad thing mind you but I can't image you walking in an upright position for very long....:)..I do miss the days thought when my girls stood proud...now they are looking for dust bunnies on the floor :(...age, what can you do.....besides seeing a doctor....nah...I will let them hunt for all the dust bunnies that want...they have earned the right....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  1:41:44 PM  Show Profile
oh my gosh!!!! i'm dying here!!! you two have me crying!!! okay trying to breathe again!!! thanks for the laughs ladies!!!

Farmgirl hugs & kisses,
<3 Kate

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  4:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Michelle, just a big hugs 4 you, k! Lol. I am happily tucked into a staples dress, and with enough tape, I can keep my 36Cs from giving anyone a black eye. I too miss when the could "stand up" on their own.(whisper this) or when they didn't hide in my armpits when I laid down(Shhhh, that's our secret) ;)
Kate, if you can't laugh, what's the point of gettin out of bed?

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  04:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi All :) If you want a conversation piece, do as I have done. I made a purse out of my one bra & use it when I am on the motorcycle, slips right on the wrist ;) That reminds, I better get it out of storage :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  6:02:01 PM  Show Profile
What cute and some hilarious ideas! I love the birds nest ideas! Too cute! I'd love to see pics if any of you do upcycle your bras. I bet they are adorable as purses sachets and birds nests! :D
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  6:29:10 PM  Show Profile
tooooo funny, you guys. On a more serious note, in Fargo we have a Bra's On Broadway Festival for the last three years that I know of. Women donate their old bras, plus $5.00 and the bras are hung on broadway. some are quite fancy,some are just plain worn out. In the years During the first four years of Bras on Broadway more than $100,000 was given to the American Cancer Society (ACS), and last year more than $42,000 was raised. this year over $60,000 was donated to the ACS. This money is to help women battling breast cancer. This is a program that I would love to see in many more cities. Google bras on Broadway, so far it's the only one I know but there may be more cities in the works.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  06:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I will look into Bras on Broadway. It sounds great, and what a good cause! Thanks for posting about it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Old Bra uses Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page