Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  8:50:37 PM  Show Profile
I'd be happy to send it to you, Kristina! Please email me your address and I will get it out to you asap! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  9:43:03 PM  Show Profile
I just received a newsletter from David Wilkerson's organization (after his death) regarding his objectives, his running the race, and believing God is there for us & with us regardless the circumstances. It is amazing that I keep needing the reminder. I think part of it is that even in the world around us, listening to the "Christian" & non-Christian alike political scene, I hear so much negativity and name calling that I forget who is supposed to be in charge of our lives. I know that I need to pray for wisdom and pray for all our leaders etc. So...I am again praying that God may give me grace to see what man cannot see and realize that God is good all the time.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  04:31:43 AM  Show Profile
I agree Claudia. The bible tells us to think on the things that are "true,noble,just,pure,lovely and a good report" in Phil 4:8. What we feed into our mind affects us.We can pray for the leaders,economy etc. and be alert to our surrondings without being bogged down in the negativity of it. Thank you for the reminder that God is good all the time.He is and none of this takes Him by surprize. Have a great day.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  07:17:38 AM  Show Profile
That's so true, Claudia and Lea. It's so funny you brought that up today, Claudia - it's something I've been thinking and praying about for the last couple of days myself! (Loved Dave Wilkerson, by the way - any news of his wife??) The other day I was watching a program that reported about 6 teens who pulled four people from a car, saving their lives, before the car burst into flames. The young men all gave the glory to God, and didn't want personal recognition - they knew it was God who put them at that right spot at that exact time and helped them to do what needed to be done to save those peoples lives. The whole time I was thinking, "Why don't we hear more of this kind of thing?" We always hear the bad stuff, the negatives, and that truly can make our hearts run a little chilly at times. I guess we've all become used to the sensationalism of the ugliness in the world or something. There is SO much good in the world, though. It may be hard to find it on television, but I sure try to find it in my daily life and share it with friends and family. :) At the end of the report, the commentator remarked how he knew that they do report a lot of negative things, but it's so important to remember that there is a whole lot of goodness in the world, too. I can't help wondering what an effect sharing good news would have on people's hearts. I think it would give people hope, a reason to smile and maybe, just maybe, spark a revival. I really think that the media can be an unknowing tool of evil sometimes. I mean, if all we hear is the sensationalized negative, it sure is hard to find the positive out there. It kind of "hides" God workings and actions and really can steal people's hope and quench their faith.

You know, I've also been thinking a lot lately about how one of the great lies Satan likes to use on us is that he portrays and wants us to believe that God is just like us - as if his heart is as our human hearts are, instead of how God truly is. As an example, many of us think at one time or another, that something we've done is just so horrible and unforgivable that God would surely condemn us. We constantly forget just how great, mighty and all-loving our Father truly is. When people don't forgive us, it hurts and sure can make us feel unworthy of God's forgiveness, too. As Christians, all we have to do is think of Jesus and what He did for us, though, and we KNOW God isn't like us! "For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16. We are Loved and Blessed beyond words. But when the world is so caustic, unforgiving, and unwilling to let us move on and grow - that can be very painful and difficult to overcome. But for the people who don't know God's love - well, what hope do they have unless we touch their hearts? I know I'm probably not communicating that right. My point is, that we just truly need to forgive. We are representatives of Christ. If we don't forgive, then we, as the media can do, "hide" God from others and can quench their hope and faith, too.

It's kind of like when we don't have a loving earthly father and then it becomes harder for us to see God as our most loving Father that He truly is. For me, this was the case growing up. I love my Dad, but he was harsh. That's all he knew, though, as both his parents were the same way. It was a generational curse (And the curse stops here! Amen and Amen!). But I was blessed that he married my Mom, who was brought up in love, and whose parents deeply loved God and emulated Him - no, RADIATED Him - in their walk. Because of my Grandparent's faith, love and life example, I was drawn to Him, heart and soul. If I hadn't had those two saints in my life, where would I have otherwise been? Although sometimes I still struggle with seeing myself and God in God's light rather than in my Dad's, I am blessed to know my loving Heavenly Father, and rest assured in His love and faithfulness to me. Does that make sense at all? I just want the world to KNOW Him, to SEE Him, to LOVE Him, to LIVE Him - how different the news reports would be then, you know? It's absolutely vital that we walk the walk AND talk the talk. It can be a challenge in this world, but think of how many seeds we are planting for the Kingdom, just by loving, forgiving and emulating Christ. We truly are salt and light, and we probably will never know the harvest from our planting until we are Home. But when we get there, I bet we'll really be amazed! What jubilation that will be!

So, keep on keepin' on, girls! You may not see His Kingdom with your eyes, you may not hear the Music with your ears, and you may not feel His crown upon your head, but they are all there, and you KNOW it, because He lives in your heart! Always remember, Jesus IS alive, and God truly IS in control! Alleliujah!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I always love reading your posts!
Right now, I'm trying so hard to walk the walk and talk the talk, but sometimes it's hard to see what differences it makes. But I just try and remember that even if we don't see what we sow, we still were good, and it had some effect on someone. Like you said, we are representatives of Christ, and even if we don't see how we helped someone, we still did and someone maybe saw our goodness. Thanks for the post Nini!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  08:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Thats so true Megan aobut sometimes we never see the results. Its a great life being a Christian isnt it girls? I love it!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  1:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been a sister here very long. But I have been a christian a long time. Some times we dont see the answers infront of us.But we now he always answer, in his time not ours. I was always told Joy means: Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. And in the bible it says. The Last shall be first, The First shall be last. That's enough to make you shout. As Brother Jesse
Duplantis says. Has any one heard of him. I love to hear him minister?
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  3:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee! WELCOME!!! I love that: J-O-Y!!! I'm going to have to remember that one! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  7:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marlene!
And Lea, I do love being a Christian:)
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  11:24:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I've been meditating on this verse for a few days now:

"Amen I say to you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, shall not enter into it." Mark 10:15.

To me, a child is full of wonder, trust, innocence, honesty, kindness, giggles, love...

What does this verse mean to you?

Hugs and blessings -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 16 2011 11:25:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  5:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Nini I agree especially the trust part. A little child doesnt deny its parents before others and depends on them for even the smallest things. Yet they attempt to rise to challenges before them.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  04:58:47 AM  Show Profile
My brother is getting a divorce not of his choice after 27 years of marraige. My sister and I are holding on to the verse "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose" We dont understand alot just have to trust. Ya know?
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  05:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,

While I have been following this for short while, I have not really posted any request for myself, but now I feel the need to come and ask for support from a group that I feel are real prayer warriors. Let me say that reading these posts are always inspiring to me and give me food for thought. They also allow me to pray for others as God commands us to do so.

So this is my situation. This Friday will mark 2 years of being unemployed. I have tried in vain to find a position in my career field, which is a librarian, looking out of state because there really isn't anything in my area with no luck. I worked hard and it took many years to finally get my undergrad and graduate degree following my divorce 16 years ago. I graduated in 08 and began my first job that August in a middle school. Due to the economy I was let go at the end of my first year. I was devastated because I had worked so hard for so long and finally thought I had reached my "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow", so to speak and would finally be able to support myself and my son. It has been a hard 2 years to say the least both financially and emotionally. My unemployment ran out at the end of April and the little money I had held onto is now pretty much gone. I have prayed and prayed that God would not only provide a job, but show me what it is I am to learn through all this. I only recently returned to my christian walk in January after a long "hiatus" following my divorce. I know that one of the lessons that God has been teaching me is to trust in him and to be obedient and give up trying to control the things in my life, which of course only God has. Yet, here I am with no job and no way of supporting my family. Last week I began to put in applications for just minimum wage jobs and plan to go out today and put in some more.

The other thing I struggle with is knowing where God wants me to be. I have family in Idaho that want me to move back out there who need me. My brother has MD and is deteriorating and my mother is in an assisted living situation with early Alzheimer's, yet I'm torn because of course my son does not really want to move. He will be starting high school in the fall and I feel that I don't want to disrupt those years so I feel the need to make a decision now as to where I should be for the next 4 years.

I know God promises that he will never leave us or forsake us and that he will provide for all of our needs, which I believe in my heart, yet my human nature is feeling scared and unsure. So, what I'm asking after all I've said is that you would pray for my situation. That God would put me where he wants me. That He would provide a job, any job so I can pay the bills and keep things turned on. And mostly for his strength to get me through this and show me the lessons I need to learn from this experience and the willingness to keep turning it back to him and leave it with him. I have gotten better at recognizing Satan's attacks, which is when I begin to feel fearful. In those moments I rebuke him and cling to the one thing that is true and that is, Jesus loves me this I know!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and hopefully put me on your prayer list. I will keep you posted as to anything that develops!

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  06:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Woke up with a migraine this morning. I could use prayers. I don't get them often, but did not sleep at all the night before. It could be the reason. I have taken migraine pills, and had coffee (usually helps), but the pressure is still there. :(

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  07:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kristina,

I will pray that you will feel better soon. I can relate, as I used to get them also. The only thing that seemed to remotely help me was to just try and sleep. Ironically, I haven't had any since I went through the "change", which is one of the positive side effects of leaving that part of your life behind you. And lucky for me I went through it early!

Feel better soon

Hugs!

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  09:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks. The problem with taking Excedrin Migraine, is that it has caffeine and it makes me jittery and give me a stomach ache. I now have an upset stomach. ugh.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  09:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Girls -

Cythia, I'll be praying for you, that the Lord will lead you without question to the path He has chosen for you. While reading your post I was hearing this Psalm 37:3 being sung over and over in my head: "Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed." I don't know if that means anything to you, but the Lord sure was speaking it to me!!! :)

Here's another for you, although I wasn't hearing it like I was the other. :) Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight"

Prayers are being said right now for you, too, Kristina!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  09:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kristina! I just want to tell you, before my cousin passed a little over a year ago, he warned me not to ever take Excedrin. He had suffered from migraines all his life. While in treatment for cancer, his doctors had stopped him from taking it completely. He said they told him they give you what is known as a "kickback headache," and then you need the medicine all the more. It's a vicious cycle, apparently. They said it's one of the worst meds you can take for headaches. It gives you relief, but when it wears off, your body craves more and causes more headaches. He took Anacin instead with no problems. I never have taken Excedrin, so I honestly cannot speak from personal experience at all, but my cousin was ADAMANT about it after talking with the doctors and made sure he told everyone he knew about this. Just thought I should pass along the info. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Cyn, I would not presume to know what the Lord has for you. I only know that when He closes a door, He opens a window. It seems that your love and chosen profession is to be a librarian. I always thought I would like that job, as I would be among books that I love and the silence would calm my soul. I know that it gets busy there, but there must have been a reason why you chose that job. Are there any librarian jobs open close to your family in Idaho? Maybe you could check. It may be time that God wants you close to family. Also, I know that it is hard for a child to leave friends, and start a new life and make new friends. If you were to move, it might be the best time before he starts his high school years. the further down the road makes it worse. Military families/children have to move relatively often, and others do it all the time. It isn't easy, anyway you cut it, but you need to provide for your family. God will open doors if you are to consider moving. Living in WA state, we are right next door to Idaho. We aren't too bad out here. You all might just like it. ;~)

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  2:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini. I had no idea. I've only taken it 2 times in the last 2 years. When I got my worst migraine ever, when my mother had her second heart surgery(ugh), I took something else(?). I'll have to remember that. I hate to take anything, but these migraines make you want to throw up. My youngest gets them so bad she does throw up, and then she's better after that. Nasty stuff.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini for the encouraging words. I wrote those scriptures down on some 3x5 cards so I can keep them in front of me when I need to remind myself of Gods promises to us. I put them in strategic places where I will see them and automatically recite them. I especially like the Proverbs one! Simple and yet so powerful!!

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  4:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Cyn, I love to write scriptures on note cards. I once kept several, punched with a one-hole punch, and a metal ring, inside my purse. I could read them anytime I needed to or wanted to. Hugs.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  4:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, what a great idea Kristina! I think I will have to do that so that they are within arms reach when I'm out and having to wait on something. Sort of like being able to meditate on Gods word when we have those extra little free moments to fill and what better way than to fill them by refreshing your spirit and heart!

Thanks for the wonderful suggestion

Hope your feeling better now. The only thing that ever worked for me besides trying to sleep them off was vicodin.

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  11:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Cynthia, I'll be praying for you. I'm a sophomore in high school, and last year I dealt with possibly being moved for high school. If it is what is best for you and your son, I think your son would understand. I hope your situation looks up for you!
Kind of off subject, but I was in Blockbuster the other day, and I saw a documentary called Jesus Camp. It was about the very fundamental Christian culture. I just watched the trailer and it seems that some of the extreme churches are a little too extreme. I saw kids saying that they were rising as Jesus' army. They were very portrayed as very extreme Christians. Has anyone else heard of this movie?
Megan

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick update:
I have a headache, but it's not a migraine. I woke up with swollen eyes, and now I have a sore throat. I'm thinking it's allergies x 10.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page