Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic
Page: of 92

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  06:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini! If I need a prayer partner, I will definitely be calling on you.

Today, I just can't stay focused due to my sinus problems. Allergies always turn into sinus infections/pressure and dizziness. I am drinking my honey/ACV daily and adding other hot teas. The cough is not quite under control, and I really can't get to a doctor yet.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  08:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you Kristina.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  09:49:04 AM  Show Profile
Ya know, Kristina, I read and reread what you wrote, and I was reminded of info from a sociology class I took about 20 years ago. One of the points that I have never forgotten is about a study that was done in several of the prisons on the west coast. Greeting cards were offered to the prisoners for both Mother's Day and Father's Day. Cards for mothers were snatched up right away, but few cards were taken to send for Father's Day. The two points made, were that even though in prison, most of the men loved their Mothers and wanted to show their love toward them. The other point is that few cared for their fathers enough to send a card. The reason was that there were so many fathers who were absent in the prisoners' lives when they were growing up...only raised by a mother. Another point was that how important a man was in these young boys' lives so that they had a good role model to mimac. Family is important...both mother and father. However, many families are broken...and it is the Mother who stays and does her best for her children, who suffers and prays that all goes well...even though choices made by those children may put them into prison. Most studies show that she stays for her child through thick and thin. This Mother's heart is cut from the same fabric that makes God say..."that He will never leave or forsake us." That is love!

Again, Kristina...thank you for sharing!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  12:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Sisters. I have always said that there is nothing more powerful in this world than a praying Mother.

I loved your comments Kristina, but I'd like to turn one statement around: Mothers are liken unto God with His Role of nurturer, protector, comforter ...As we are "Made in the image and likeness of God" - It becomes easy to see His attributes in the essence of a good mother.

After all, isn't that what we are all striving for: To be "perfect" even as He is perfect. To be "Like God" in how we live, treat others, apply rules of honesty and integrity, and most of all, how we love: unselfishly and joyously.

In celebration to Mothers... a sweet gift from Heaven.

Madelena
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:21:46 AM  Show Profile
When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into his sixth day of “overtime” when an angel appeared and said, “You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.”

And the Lord said, “Have you read the specs on this order?

She has to be completely washable, but not plastic;
Have 180 movable parts... all replaceable;
Run on black coffee and leftovers;
Have a lap that disappears when she stands up;
A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair;
And six pairs of hands.”
The angel shook her head slowly and said, “Six pairs of hands... no way.”
“It’s not the hands that are causing me problems,” said the Lord. “It’s the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have.”

“That’s on the standard model?” asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. “One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks, ’What are you kids doing in there?’ when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn’t but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say, ’I understand and I love you’ without so much as uttering a word.”

“Lord,” said the angel, touching His sleeve gently, “Go to bed. Tomorrow...”

“I can’t,” said the Lord, “I’m so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick... can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger... and can get a nine-year-old to stand under a shower.”

The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. “It’s too soft,” she sighed.

“But she’s tough!” said the Lord excitedly. “You cannot imagine what this mother can do or endure.”

“Can it think?”

“Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise,” said the Creator.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek. “There’s a leak,” she pronounced. “I told You You were trying to push too much into this model.”

“It’s not a leak,” said the Lord. “It’s a tear.”

“What’s it for?”

“It’s for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride.”

“You are a genius,” said the angel.

The Lord looked somber. “I didn’t put it there,” He said.

~Erma Bombeck

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Kristina and Jen. I'm having a bad day today. I needed to read those.

Lorie
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Lorena, no matter what you are going through, you have my prayers. Blessings to you.....

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  4:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lorena hope things are better.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  12:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Say, girls. I would like to ask for prayer for a little baby. Let me tell you what happened. I just got back from getting my Rx from Costco, and while there, I over heard 2 workers speaking about this one ladies grandson. She was leaving right away and said he was critical. I interrupted and told her I had several prayer chains and a group of prayer warriers who could pray for him. She burst out in tears. She said her son was adopted and their little baby was deveoping illness associated from his birth parents. They are unsure as to what is the problem. He is critical and his name is Ja'Quan. I may never know what will happen to this wee one, but God knows. Will you join me in prayer? Thank you so much.

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  5:10:37 PM  Show Profile
thanx Claudia and Lea, things are better today. I know the Lord does answer prayers when He is ready. Nothing too serious. Just needed to state some things to DH which are upsetting. Sorry. I won't discuss things further. It's my personal privacy policy. but yes things are better for now.

Lorie
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile
So glad, and some things are better left unsaid.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  12:52:32 PM  Show Profile
I totaly agree. At our church we term those "unspoken prayer request". Its enough knowing God knows what it is and others are lifting you up.Claudia you were at Costco's at the right moment in time huh? I prayed for the baby and the lady you spoke too.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  2:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Lea, thanks so much for responding and praying for this family. God gives us many opportunities to cooperate with Him in His dealings in life. If we would only take those opportunities to heart. Thank you again.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  10:00:05 PM  Show Profile
We just had a 5.6 earthquake!Unusual for our area!
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  11:54:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here, but I just wanted to ask if some of you wouldn't mind saying a prayer that my labor and delivery goes well. I'm hoping that we meet our son sometime this week. We're doing a home birth, with a midwife. He dropped last Sunday. Only Braxton-Hicks so far, though. Anyways, I'd really appreciate it :) Thanks, ladies!

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  06:05:56 AM  Show Profile
Praying for that little one, peace for you Lea and praying for an easy time for you Natalie and God's blessings on your little family.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  1:02:02 PM  Show Profile
That's nice Cherime. Welcome Natalie. We pray that you have a safe, and wonderful delivery. God knows just the time, so please let us know when the event happens and you feel well enough to respond. And Lea, I heard that the earthquake hit Oklahoma, but I didn't know you had felt it in Arkansas. Did you have any damage? I'll bet Cherime is familiar with those darn quakes.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  3:24:28 PM  Show Profile
Claudia Missouri also felt it. No damage here. Some in Ok had sheet rock crack and pics fall off walls. We had our lamps shake. I am close to the Ok border.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  5:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Are you feeling the after shocks? I felt quite a few when I lived in Alaska... 3 years after the big one in the 60s. We have had a few here around Spokane, but not bad. I hear there is a pretty sizable fault in OK. Blessings to you all who have had to weather tornadoes, flooding and now earthquakes. The Lord is our strength and our salvation.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  05:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Some have felt them but I havent.61 out right now and they say tornado possiblities tonight. What weather this year! Did you ever wonder why God put us living during this time? I mean we could have been born during the victorian era etc. but He chose us for now. Kinda exciting isnt it?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  08:40:25 AM  Show Profile
The weather is weird and we woke up with 14 degrees. Brrr. We also heard on the news that our expected snow fall in the city is 50 inches. being that we are another 400 feet taller in elevation, we will get more. Two winters ago, we had so much snow that many buildings collapsed...hence we have a new garage/pole building. I used to think that the Victorian times like (Meet Me In St. Louis) with Judy Garland was so romantic and pretty with all those Gibson hairdoes. Wood stoves, long aprons, splitting wood, riding in carriages with horses or a slow Model T. Wow... kind of sounds like us girl friends now. LOL I think that all God does is not by happenstance, and I wonder what our future will hold. I have done a little genealogy on my folks family...some done by relatives I had not known. My g-g-grandfather came out from Ohio at 21 in 1848 on the Oregon trail. It is there that a small party of them were attacked and several killed when they tried to retrieve horses stolen. I don't think I would have done in a little wagon coming across the country to southern Oregon. since my Mom is 93 and knew little about her family...(abusive father), I found out that the Irish side came from Ireland in 1843 aboard a ship to Prince Edward Island. My g-g-grandfather on that side and his family had earned their freedom from servitude in the Irish workhouses because of the potato famine. Many died with dysentary, and the winters were harsh. As with many families at that time, they came from families with 11 or more siblings! Yikes. I don't think I would have done well with a small log cabin, dirt floors, animals in the house with ya during the harshest part of the winter. I have come to thank God for putting me in this time, as at least I am warm, have food, good healthcare, and MJ friends. God is good...all the time.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  10:30:58 AM  Show Profile
I do know about quakes alright. Right now we are getting dumped on snow wise. I need to see if the young man who was plowing still is. On another front, I wonder about the future and what will come to those just beginning their lives. God is good and that is the only thing to cling to. About the past, some of my relatives were MacGregors who escaped from Scotland after 1745. Since the English had declared the MacGregors outlaws he felt it better to leave. We think he changed his name to Richardson and worked for the Hudson Bay Co as a trapper. He married an Ojibway woman who had been raised by missionaries had a daughter, we believe and just did not come back one year from trapping.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile
Divina. Indeed! Jesus is my knight in shining armor, my first love, my all in all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  11:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Need prayer.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:44:17 PM  Show Profile
I prayed. Whatever it is Claudia He is able and He loves you sister!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page