Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Girls! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Darlene - It's a cleanse/diet based on what Daniel ate - basically vegetables and water - when he was enslaved in Babylon. He had refused to eat from the King's table because some of the foods were forbidden, and most were extremely rich and unhealthy. If you're able to click on the link I included in my post under Rose's, you'll see a local news report about a church participating in the Daniel Fast in our area, as well as a video. Hope this helps!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 17 2014 08:45:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  1:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Nini

Oh yes I remember now, but I will click on your link and check it out.

Thanks Nini.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  04:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil.

Just had to share this with you all. Have been doing a devotional with a 8 year old boy we have been caring for. With this verse it comforted him knowing that God can be Trusted...
Love God's love letter to us.(Bible)
have a great day! farmgirl sister Deb and a Child of the King!

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

Doreenlee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Doreen
Harmony North CArolina
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  2:04:11 PM  Show Profile
I am a Christian and are glad there are others on here. I also love being a country farm girl. I am thankful for this group. Bless you all.

Doreen Lee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  3:39:26 PM  Show Profile
Blessings to you too Doreen.

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  2:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I went to a new church this morning. Felt pretty good. But I am very nervous about walking into a place by myself. My nine year old told me she loves it there. My husband doesn't go. That makes it hard.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  12:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Amy, I understand you. My husband doesn't go either. Not because he doesn't believe but how he was treated at our last church. He's good at softball and that's all they ever asked him to do. Then one of our friends from another church we were starting to attend was transferred to another church. He was the pastor. So some of the people there didn't talk to him. I've found a new church and it's wonderful. The kids enjoy it. He's not willing to stick himself out there now. Some of the men there have the same interests in him too. It may take a while but keep living for Christ and let God shine through you. He will see it and will eventually come. Keep praying that's all us wives can do. Be a Proverbs 31 woman. I have a study on her that I'm doing. If you'd like it I can email it to you. She's one amazing lady. Hope you have a great day. Farmgirl Hugs!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2014 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

WOW - I can't believe it has been so long since any of us have posted! Busy, busy, busy farmgirls are we!

This message on "How to Forgive" arrived in my in box this morning. This is exactly how I see things, and exactly where I am with forgiveness in my own life. It isn't always easy, but it sure can bring us peace and healing. I thought this was just so true and so beautiful that maybe you would all like to see it, too. http://spiritualdirection.com/blog/2014/06/07/how-to-forgive?utm_source=Catholic+Spiritual+Direction&utm_campaign=025cda147b-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9dd96593f8-025cda147b-59828237 I hope it will be a blessing to you and your loved ones today!

Love you, girls! :) God bless you!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  7:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! I looked. My last post was June of 2013! Well since then our daughter graduated high school and leaves for college in Aug. Our son has recieved his drivers learning permit and my husband and I will celebrate our 28th anniversary in 2 weeks. You know what is constant in the midst of all of this change? God! He is so good!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  9:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes God is so awesome, and Congratulations on your 28th anniversary in two weeks and making it through all the different phases of raising your children.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Just was reading through the posts and this one really helped me. I know it has been a while since it was posted but it has also been quite some time since I have been here. So grateful that it was here for me to see today. Being reminded that no matter what happens in this life, nothing happens with out God's knowledge. Thank you for posting it.
quote:
Originally posted by sunflowercritters

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil.

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  10:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Matt. 11:28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (New Living Translation)

It has been many many moons since I posted, but I wanted to share an oh so familiar verse (above). It is one that we all know but it becomes a whole book of depth when we are in the middle of trouble. This morning, I had a call from a dear friend who is wife/caretaker of her husband with terminal polycystic kidney disease. She does home dialysis for him, but she is just worn out. She is also a Medical Records person whose employer allows her to do most of her work from home...40 hrs/wk. He does not work now. She is at the point where she is not feeling the peace and rest that only God can give. That is why she called, and that is why we are here... to help pray, remind them of the Lord's ever continuing presence, and ease a little of people's burdens. I wish you all a wonderful day, and the feeling of God's presence around you.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  9:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Claudia,

I will put your friend and her husband in prayers and ask for healing for him and strength for her in taking care of him.
You take care too.

Blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  09:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Claudia... Sending up prayers for your friend as well, praying in agreement with Darlene...

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  1:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Claudia,
I will be praying your friend and for her husband.
hugs,

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  06:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th! And please, God bless America!,

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  09:50:12 AM  Show Profile

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is...

Hugs!

Judy

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  02:50:39 AM  Show Profile
One of my favorite stories in the Old Testament is about Deborah. You find her story in Judges 4 & 5. She was a prophetess, Judge, and led Israel into battle & won.

In chapter 5 Deborah sings her song and in verse 7 she says "The inhabitants of the villages ceased, they ceased in Israel, until that I Deborah arose, that I arose a mother in Israel".

Deborah knew that her strengths lay first in obeying the Lord and second knowing she didn't have to complete as a man but just be herself. What's more powerful than a mother protecting her young. She saw herself as Israel's mother so Deborah fought for and led her people to peace.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  06:49:35 AM  Show Profile

Thank you for sharing this Sara...hope you have a blessed day:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  6:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I love the picture you found with one of my favorite verses!!! Oh to remember that all I need is Christ - my Creator - who is where all the help I need comes from. As a child of the King, I am truly blessed!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  7:20:40 PM  Show Profile

Thanks Shannon...I just think the pictures add so much to the scriptures...it seems to bring The Word to life!!!I would love for you to post more of your favorite scriptures...we can never share The Word of God enough with others:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile
I could not live day to day without this one!!

I need them all!!!
Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Farmgirl of the Month, August 2014
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  7:38:38 PM  Show Profile
May I say that many of you prayed for my friend and husband clear back the end of June. She told me that she felt refreshed and needed a short respite, and that even though she was unable to get away, for some reason she felt so much better. Her husband kidney failure has not changed, but I believe they are getting some quality time they might have never had.

For me, BTW, on July 5th, I received a call from my Mom 20 miles away, who said she was having a hard time breathing and instead of calling 911, she would wait for me. (Thanks Mom)! LOL...so I rushed in there at 6 am and took her to ER. Congestive heart failure and full of fluid, Admitted to the hospital for 5 days and then a month here with us. It too was bonding time... some very good times and some feisty times when she would not do as I suggested... deep breaths, walking around the house to get her strength back. Besides a break in at her house while she was with us, all ended up well and she went home to "Make it on her own." That was really the best thing, as it forced her to feed her dog, get her own meals and get to moving. She is on a low sodium diet and so I chiefly cook her meats, like chicken legs at a time, a roast, and then she augments it with other things. She turned 96 the end of August and she is doing well. Her memory is not the best, but we are thankful she is doing quite well. We buy her food, and she prepares it except for the meat as I said. Life is fragile, and sometimes we take it and our loved ones for granted. May the Lord bless you all and give you the mind of Christ so you may go about your days knowing His will and following in His footsteps!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6812 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  04:02:54 AM  Show Profile
Some of my favorite scriptures are about peace.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  05:40:22 AM  Show Profile

Claudia...thanks for sharing with us:):):)Such and uplifting scripture Ms. Sara...thanks for sharing it with us today...

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page