True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2014 :  4:14:38 PM  Show Profile
Take care Sarah.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  08:25:51 AM  Show Profile
Sara, I'll be praying in agreement with Darlene on your behalf, sister. Not an easy place to be, but God is right there with you and has you tucked safely in His arms, protected under the shadow of His wings. Our Father is faithful to us even when we do not feel His presence. He loves you more than you'll ever know. I think bringing you here into this wonderful sisterhood fold is great evidence of that, don't you? What a wonderful thing for all of us to be praying for and with each other! We love you, too, sister - and we're here for you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  08:31:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Nini, your words are a true blessing on me. I do believe that I was led here to be amongst such caring & powerful Christian women. We cry here & laugh, but most of all we encourage each other in Jesus's name.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  1:42:53 PM  Show Profile

Sweet Sara...You are in my thoughts and prayers...sometimes it gets very hard to keep on keeping on...but God is with us through it all...I am so happy that the Lord led you to be with us here on the farm:):):)

Hugs!

~Judy~

"Autumn~The year's last, loveliest smile."

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judy, you are so right. I do feel as if I was led here. I found my way when an ad for MaryJane's magazine came through the mail. It spoke to the farm girl in me. I ordered it, visited the Farmgirl Connection, and never left.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  3:02:48 PM  Show Profile
Although I have not posted for some time, I read the posts and realize we are all on the road our Father has placed us. There are good days and some that seem cloudy, but the Son is always there shining through the clouds. In fact, as most of you know, we still receive the UVA/B even though it is cloudy. I consider those rays coming through our spiritual clouds.. grace that reaches us, even though we may not feel or see it. The path can get stony and may hurt our feet (walk) along the way, but carry on. For those who pray, some simply, some elegantly... thank you, for I too am blest. Nini and Sara... thank you. And Nikki... I am wondering how you are.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  7:16:40 PM  Show Profile
I haven't had time to post here much the past two years but I still pop in from time to time #128516; I'm here and I'm a believer.

Dalyn

Nubian and Miniature Nubian dairy goats http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  6:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dalyn, I am a believer too!

hi Claudia good to see you on line, I am not on here much either but Praise God for the power of prayer.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  7:30:09 PM  Show Profile
I am a strong believer in the power of prayers. My dad fell a couple of weeks or so ago. Fractured his hip. When he went for surgery they did a heart cath to make sure he would be able to go though the surgery. He is 89. Anyway he needed a triple bypass before they would do anything else. So he had that done and through many prayers all went well. He then had the hip surgery and they also did his knee to help shore it up. He apparently had fractured it at some other time as they said it was an old injury from what they could tell. He did well with that surgery and is now in rehab. I know that it was because of prayer that he did so well and also it is what got me through. Believe me there were some moments I wasn't too sure I was going to get through it. He has a long road to recovery but God is and has been so faithful to hear and answer the prayers of his people on dad's behalf.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  7:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Claudia! SO good to "see" you! I've been thinking about you!! Please write when you can - I miss you!!!!

Hi Dalyn!!! So happy you've had a moment to drop by! Please tell us what you've been up to when you have some time!

Darlene - You're always a ray of sunshine to me! In my inbox or on MJF - you always make the day brighter and have me smiling! :)

Denise - I'm so glad to hear your Dad is on the upswing... Slow but steady wins the race! Please give him a hug from your ol' pal Nini, okay? And I will be praying! What a strong man to have gone through so much! He must be quite an awesome guy! And I know that also because he gave us YOU!!! :)

Girls - Have any of you seen the movie, "God Is Not Dead?" Oh my! It's a must-see! My girlfriend watched it about a month ago and loved it so much that my husband and I both got texts from her in the middle of the night! This was the first chance we had to watch it and we just loved it! Now I totally understand her middle-of-the-night enthusiasm!!! Hope you all get a chance to see it!!!

I just love you all so much! SO much! I can't tell you how much it means to me to be able to come on here at any time and find such wonderful women who share the faith; women who are always there to laugh, cry, uplift... but most of all, share the WORD and pray! God bless us, every single one! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  06:58:25 AM  Show Profile
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts...

I know that the Lord gives me peace, but to be honest with you all sometimes it's hard to hang on to that peace. It's the little things that get to me, and snatches my peace from me. I have to work hard at pushing those thoughts out of my mind and fill it up again with thoughts of peace and God's love for me.

This morning it's a very windy and cold 37 degrees and it's warm inside my little home. But, the neighbors trash once again has blown into the street in from of my house. I felt my peace leaving me, and irritation bordering on anger well up in me.

I knew I had two choices. Give into the anger and loose my peace for rest of the day, or let it go. So with the Lord's help I let it go, and went outside to pick up the trash.

Now I am back in my warm house and writing this to reconfirm in me that holding on to my peace is not always easy but it's worth doing whatever it takes to maintain it.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  08:29:13 AM  Show Profile
Sara, I really do believe that sometimes our "weaknesses" are brought to our attention, not so much to make us feel like we're weak and incapable, but rather to help us understand how strong HE is, and how pressing into Him and turning to Him in the midst of it all is what matters most. And look - that is EXACTLY what you did! Awesome! :) We're just like Peter on the water - ignore the storm, focus on Jesus, walk on the water; turn to focus on the chaos, BOOM, we're deep in, over our heads, and start to drown in it. Profound lesson there! We all wish we could be in control of every aspect of our being, but the truth is, we're imperfect - only HE is perfect. So when we recognize those flaws coming to the surface, sure, we should keep them in check as best possible. If we are losing control, we need to keep focused on Him because He really and truly IS the only One who can bring us through grace-fully. Right? BUT when we succumb to the chaos (as we ARE only human, after all), we should just take a calm, deep breath and turn back to Him, thanking Him for his patience with us and His grace and His abiding love. We need to remember that we are His works in progress, and be grateful to be as such. We don't want to be the people we were - we want to celebrate the people He is helping us to become! We just need to ask Him to help us to get through it better next time. And He will. He's there smiling and waiting with open arms. One of God's truest joys is when His children are running home to Him, don't you think?! We must remember that we're only wholly perfected and enjoy true peace once we're in Heaven abiding with Him, so we should really try to attain as many glimpses of that here on earth, right? ;)

Good going, sister - I give you lots of credit. Some days, I just lose my noodle when it comes to things like that! Then Jesus laughs, then I cry a little bit out of frustration, then He lifts my chin, I see His love for me in His eyes, and I can't help laughing myself. There's always a lesson in there, whether we succeed, barely skate by or fail. Just turn to and focus on Him; don't worry - the next time will definitely be even easier! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 01 2014 08:49:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  08:52:08 AM  Show Profile
Nini, your words are true & powerful. I have much to learn from you, my sister Christ. Be blessed today and walk in peace.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  10:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Sara - I think we all have so much to learn from each other! I am completely convinced it makes God smile when He brings His children together, don't you agree? :) We are very, very blessed to be able to come together like this to learn and share! Through our farmgirl sisters I have been truly blessed. My heart is so full, and I am SO grateful! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  12:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Nini - I love that image that God smiles when He brings His children together.

We farm-girls sure must make Him smile a lot!

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  7:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a daily devotional for women/wives that is KJV version??

Also...prayers for my husband would be greatly appreciated...he is pretty sick with the crud that is going around. Thanks ladies

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Wife, Mother, Soldier, Blessed
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  7:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a daily devotional for women/wives that is KJV version??

Also...prayers for my husband would be greatly appreciated...he is pretty sick with the crud that is going around. Thanks ladies

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Wife, Mother, Soldier, Blessed
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  10:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Nikki - I love Stormie Omartian's "The Power of A Praying Wife," "The Power of A Praying Woman," and "The Power of a Praying Parent" books. In them she cites scripture while providing wonderful insight and prayer. They have been a tremendous blessing to me over the years. You might be further interested in their supplemental prayer books which have similar names. All of these, along with her many other titles, can be found online at her website www.stormieomartian.com , at other various online book outlets, or in Christian bookstores everywhere. I've even purchased them at Barnes and Noble. I highly recommend them. I will pray for your husband, too - definitely! :) Please keep us posted!

Sisters – I want to celebrate with you about a most blessed answer to prayer that I received today. I have been praying for the salvation of my father, who recently passed. He had a tough life, to say the least, and he lived very hard. I always joked he was Popeye Sinatra: “I did it myyyyyyy waaaaaayyy. Uh gi gi gi gi gi gi gi.” That was pretty much my Dad’s attitude, if you crank it up on angry steroids. And his way was… well… ahem…

I have actually been torturing myself about his eternity these past few days, even though I know the Love of God, and absolutely know that He would never let even one of His beloved children slip through His fingers. And still, I have been in fear that my father was not indeed saved; that he didn’t go to Heaven, or even through any type of Purgation which would prepare him to stand clean and blameless before our God. I knew I was not to judge; I knew I was not to doubt Our Father’s love. Yet I knew the life my earthly father lived, the kind of man he was, the choices he made, the sins he committed; his shortcomings, his failings, his rebellion; the darkness that enshrouded him, weakened him and held him captive. He was not strong enough to fight the demons, and not trained enough to seek the Lord’s help when confronted and restrained by them. And because he had left so few good and happy memories behind, the question of his ultimate fate was absolutely tormenting me. The people with whom I have tried to discuss this have all said the same thing I would have said to them: Never doubt the Love of God. You just never know what happens between a man and his Maker in the end. And God is loving and merciful. He understands that man better than anyone, and His mercies and graces are never ending. He loves my father more than anyone could ever imagine. So, who is to say what has happened to my father’s soul? I should simply trust. When one dear friend lovingly reminded me that this worry I was putting myself through was a sin, I knew she was right, and started to find peace. (You know who you are, and I thank you for that. God bless you, my friend and sister in Christ!) She was absolutely right. I just had to trust Him and His Love, as I always have known to do, and move on. Of course I trust, but if you know me at all, I’m the type of person who, sometimes, just needs to KNOW before I move on (A stubborn girl am I!).

Then this morning I heard Dr. Scott Hahn’s lecture on his new book, “Angels and Saints.” Without getting into the entire lecture with you (which was, of course, exceptional), at the very end, he said this (and I paraphrase): We can be assured of our Heavenly Father’s boundless love for us. He never tires of our requests, although we often tire of presenting them to Him. He never leaves nor forsakes us – He wants us all to come home to Him. So, we must rest assured that as long as the warmth of the sun breaks through the darkest clouds and melts the most solid ice, so, too, will our Heavenly Father’s love break through the depths of our deepest darkness and melt the iciest of cold hearts.

I wept. I had my answer: Dad is redeemed.

Praise the Lord! And thank You, Father! Thank You for knowing exactly what would bring me peace, and for graciously providing. I love You so much… SO much! You are so Sweet… SO Sweet. And I pray for all of Your children who are struggling with this same type of situation. May the epiphany with which You blessed me today bless them as well!

May God bless us, every one!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 09 2015 06:55:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  2:53:14 PM  Show Profile
I read Hope For Each Day by Billy Graham. It is a 365 day devotional & I am going through it now my 3rd time. I just enjoy his writings so much!

God Bless
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  08:58:40 AM  Show Profile
He really is a gift, isn't he, Rae? :) That sounds like a lovely devotional, indeed! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  04:10:23 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE Jesus Calling as a daily devotional. It is written by Sarah Young. It is very relevant to daily life. I have been doing this since July 1st of 2014. Thank all of you for inspiration. I am also reading Stormie Omartian's Praying for Your Adult Children. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  06:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Maryellen! So glad you're here! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  4:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, Just joined this post. So glad to meet other Christian Farmgirls!

Just to chime in; I love Stormy's Praying Wife and Parent. Right now I'm doing something called Precepts, a study of Hebrews. Really awesome, but quite a bit of homework. I'm taking it at a local church so it helps me to be accountable and do the work : ).

Blessings and love to all!

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  4:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dena! WELCOME! That sounds like a wonderful study! Please do share any special insights that touch your heart as you learn! Enjoy! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  5:09:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Christian, too!

Joanna - Sister #5965

http://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page