notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  03:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Nini - how funny that you had that hymn stuck in your head! I absolutely love it. Be Thou My Vision is my favorite, but Come Thou Fount is a close second. I'm so sorry for everything your husband and your family are going through. I will definitely be praying for him, that you find peace together in some way. I will keep Karen and her husband in my prayers also. I will pray that her faith strengthens his.

God's peace be with you today.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"It is... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth." - Madeleine L'Engle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  04:12:15 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Nini and Karen and your family.

I can not imagine life without God in the center. I draw my strength from hom every moment. I know satan senses the minute there is fear or doubt on anything and really messes with us.

I have been in a battle the last 6 months with him. God told me something while I was driving to work about 6 months ago. I want it so desperately that I feared it was just my subconscious saying it. About 3 weeks ago God woke me out of a dead sleep at 3:30 a.m. telling me how I can help accomplish this goal. I am working it out in my head now and trying to get moving on it. I fear that it is my own wants sometimes and in my heart know satan is putting it there as I plan to give God glory in it and spread His word at the same time. My head needs the unclogging and to take the leap of faith and trust. Anyone ever have this situation?? I will share more on details as I continue to work it out.

Thanks and God bless you all!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  06:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcoming, it is good to get here more often.

Nini, I will keep your requests in prayer.

Rae, praying for you also and that God would bind Satan from your thoughts and that you can be clear on the path he wants you to take.

I don't know how regular I will be here but I will try, Lord willing, to keep up.

This morning I woke at 5 and decided to go ahead and get up and dress. I had 2 hours to myself and with the Lord and it felt wonderful. It is a beautiful morning so I sat on my porch to read and pray and listen. God is so good to give us time of peace and rest.
Love to you all sweet sisters! May you enjoy this day the Lord has made and rejoice and be glad in it!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  07:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I will be praying for you. God will show you the way, but it usually does require action! :)

Denise, your morning sounds wonderful! Sitting on the porch reading is one of my favorite things. Unfortunately I couldn't do that this morning without getting very wet! :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"It is... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth." - Madeleine L'Engle

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  08:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for your prayers, girls! That means everything to me!

Rae - Yes, I have been there. I will be praying for you, too. It truly can be a struggle when the "other one" is trying to confuse and steal your joy, and steal the plans away from you that God has for you. The one thing that stuck in my mind while I read your post is that "everything is established in the mouths of two or three witnesses." Whenever you're confronting the enemy, if you're unsure what God's Will truly is, pray to Him and ask that He show you His Will, and to send you unexpected witnesses confirming His Will. It is not a sin to ask for confirmation. :) I do it all the time. I swear sometimes I can FEEL God rolling His Eyes at me while grinning and shaking His Head! LOL! Just kidding... He love us so much. He knows what we're up against. He will give us whatever we need to find our way down the path He sets before us, don't you worry one bit! :) Stay strong, Rae! I know He has plans for you!

Denise - Lovely way to start the day! My son had a bunch of friends over last night, and since it is so hot out, I didn't feel like heating up the kitchen for a traditional sleep-over brunch. Instead, my husband and I stole away together to pick up some muffins and apple cider. Right now, we're under the umbrella on the deck, taking in a gentle breeze, sipping our cider. The birds are chirping, my husband is soaking up the newspaper, and I, lucky me, get to spend some time with my farmgirl sisters online! Nice, nice morning, indeed! :)

Happy SONday!

Hugs -

Nini

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2015 :  10:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I became a Christian at the age of eleven. I am so blessed. I love the verses in Psalm about sheltering underneath God's mighty wings, they helped get me through chemo. When the pain was so horrible, I was screaming out, " God, please make the pain stop.", He allowed me to snuggle up and pull those feathers close. God is good, always and forever. When I am in a classroom, and some kid mentions church or God, forget the lesson in math or whatever, a discussion of much greater importance takes place, because God is there. I love him so look much.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2015 :  11:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I love the story of your son's salvation experience. True people do not understand what the Bible says, until they are saved. My own son was eighteen when God grabbed him and would not let go. I had tried, talked, had always taken him to Sunday School and church, etc. But God used an elderly, lonely old gentleman in an old folks home to stop my kid. My son was working with some construction crew, but for three days he laid in the floor and cried. On the third day I got the call, and I said for them to send him to me. He was saved in our pastor's study later that afternoon. God has blessed him throughout his life. He is a home builder, and when the economy went south, he still had work for his crew. Things got pretty ugly because other contractors had no work. My son shared. God is good.

TexasGran
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  05:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, thank you for sharing your stories with us! I hope you all have a blessed Sunday. Usually I would be at church right now, but we had a big day yesterday, and we all woke up late. It's the late service for us today! :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  10:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Nini, muffins and cider sound awesome. I am decorating my front porch for flag day and hoping to make a little cozier haven.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  06:28:34 AM  Show Profile
The families of the victims in SC have given all us Christians examples of how to live our lives. They have showed us how to walk out our relationship with Jesus Christ. I am grateful for their faith because with Jesus's help it will increase mine. Faith in Jesus Christ and the Lord God Jehovah is the only thing that will enable us to live in love and not hate.

Have a blessed day, Sara ~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  08:50:22 AM  Show Profile
You know, Sara, you are so right. I was watching a program this morning where the person was drawn to the Faith for one simple reason: Christians, no matter what they face, no matter what they suffer through, always seem to have such serenity. Not just peace, but serenity. He never found that elsewhere, and he wanted that same serenity for himself. A former Muslim, now turned Catholic, he said the one thing that struck him, in particular, was that despite the fact that these Christians faced tremendous persecution and the likelihood of torture and execution in his country, they still smiled, they still cared for others, they were truly selfless... they did not fear, they just prayed and served one another. He said that Christianity is the only religion that puts others first, their needs first, even when they are suffering unimaginable suffering; it is the only religion where the people love their enemies and pray for them. He just couldn't wrap his head around that. These Christians knew their future and they were secure, come what may. He wanted that so badly, so he just took a chance and talked to God - the God of the Christians. He himself was imprisoned at the time, the only window above him shedding the only light in his cell. He told God he just couldn't believe He created him to have an end such as this. He wanted to know him like those Christians did, and he asked Him to prove Himself. The rest is history. He gave his life to Christ and never looked back. He now brings the Gospel to the four corners of the earth, inviting our lost brothers and sisters into His Fold.

He said we need to always be mindful of the story of the prodigal son. The son came back home, and you would think when he saw his father, he would've been so relieved and overjoyed that he would've run to him, but he did not. He was too ashamed and feared what would happen when his father laid eyes on him. Instead, his FATHER ran to HIM. Nothing his son did in the past mattered, he didn't even want him to speak a word. Instead, the father put his signet ring on his son's finger, put his coat upon his shoulders and, in the greatest of love and joy, brought him home forever. Forgiveness and love had been there waiting for him, all the time.

He went on to say that Jesus himself said that he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. What did He fulfill? He fulfilled the requirement for atonement for the sins of all by BECOMING that atonement. There is only love and forgiveness - in Him. You can neither find nor receive it anywhere else. There is nothing like being a son or daughter of Christ. He gives us the serenity and peace in all things. As he spoke, I thought about those amazing people in SC, and the prayers they continue to lift up for the young gunman and his family. That is Christ. God bless them, God keep them, and God protect every single one. We really are blessed to have such amazing saints who set the example and lead others to Him! AMEN!

God bless you, sisters!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 20 2015 3:15:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! How is everyone doing?

I read the greatest thing today and thought I'd share as an encouragement:

When you're going through something hard
And wonder where God is,
Remember:
The teacher is always quiet during the test.

Love it!

Love you!

Stay strong! Remember: "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

God bless you today and always!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 06 2015 09:27:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  1:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini!

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  03:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! How is everyone doing today?

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  04:14:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!

Just saw your message Denise and was coming on to ask for prayers. A week ago today we buried my dear father in law. It was a rough couple weeks as he was in a lot of pain the last 5 days as well. He is the man who gave us our land to start our farm, please pray for my family and guidance for us on the farm to carry on his legacy. It was his passion.

Also I need prayer to drop some major anger. I have been employed for 18 years at the local school, on the board for 6 years before that...Only ONE person acknowledged the passing and he is the boyfriend of my dear friend. I had teachers that had retired come to the visitation but no one. I know I need to let it go but it is very hurtful.

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  4:24:45 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Rae with the passing of your dear father that you can let go of the anger has been caused by others. Prayer also that God will guide you you on your farm.

Take care and blessings.

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  9:37:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Rae... I'm so, so sorry for your loss of your father-in-law, and also for the hurtful way people failed to acknowledge his passing and console you. I feel so bad - I just saw this now myself. I will be praying for you, sister, your family, and your requests. God bless you!

Much love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  03:01:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini and all who prayed. I have let go of the anger as it just isn't worth having it eat at me and God has been good and shown me how. He also helped me after 2 weeks of steady prayer make the decision and on August 13 I retired I have felt no anxiety so my decision was certainly what I heard God telling me. Hasn't quite hit me yet as school doesn't start here until day after Labor Day but sure don't have the tension build up that usually starts now. It will be tight on $$ end but will be ok.

Also, appreciated pair for blessings on the farm. 9 calves so far this fall, 7 boys and only 2 girls. Good news though some maybe for market of sell of 1/4 and 1/2 as have many ask if they can buy meat from us so in approx 18 months will have that to sell as well.

Hope all are doing well. Ha! now will have time to actually get on this forum.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  06:24:57 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I am so sorry for your loss. Just getting caught up here. I am glad you trusted that God would show you the way to let go of that. It hurts no one but ourselves. I am also glad to hear you retired. I have been praying for you on that subject. The Lord will provide I know.
So happy for your new additions!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  6:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! Well I have exciting news, I retired #128516; yup I really did! Spent a couple weeks in prayer in August and we were able to adjust something's, pay off a bill that was a paycheck. My retirement from work will just about cover the other monthly check. Will be a little tight but we can do it, with Gods help, of course. No anxiety attacks so know I heard God correctly. So much stress has left my life once I made the decision, I really am amazed!

Rae

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  05:36:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh, RAE!!! That is WONDERFUL! I am so, so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! My Mom retired last year after mulling it around for several years. She loved her job, loved working, loved the people with whom she worked, and really appreciated having a paycheck. It took a very long time before she made the decision, but finally one day she said it was just time. Since then she has never been happier. SO much more relaxed, SO better able to enjoy life and roll with any punches. She said it has been a bit of an adjustment living on a fixed income (but they're doing just fine - and you will, too!), but if she had known how much better she would've felt, how much more relaxed and rested she was going to be, how much FUN life is when you don't have to work every day, she would've done it YEARS ago when she hit retirement age. I have never heard her laugh so freely or be at such peace. She actually seems younger now than she was when she worked, if that makes any sense! Stress definitely is a killer of joy and harmful to one's health. I am thrilled for her. And now, I am thrilled for you! I pray for you for all the good things that retirement can bring, and that every day is bright with promise and joy! BIG hugs to you - and a high five for trusting in the Lord with this huge life decision! He is so good to us, isn't He? Gotta just love our God!!! :) Smilin' and cheering you on - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 16 2015 05:38:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  09:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for good wishes. I am too young for anything but work retirement $$ but we will make it just fine, one learns how little you really need. My blood pressure & weight we're going up due to stress so my health is much happier as well #128521;. Just feels good! I am plenty busy at home with our farming anyway.

Rae

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I would like to join you ladies. I feel comforted just reading this thread. Please pray for me. Last week my mammogram didn't look so good. So, now I have to go in again for another procedure on the 27th of this month. I hope all goes well .....

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  11:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Julie! I will definitely pray for you... God BLESS you! I can only imagine what you're going through. My heart is with you, but, more importantly, GOD is with you. May you know and feel His profound love for you as He lovingly cradles you in His arms and carries you through this. We're going to see this through together, sister, don't you worry! You are not alone! Always remember that He that is you is greater than he that is in the world! (I John 4:4) ALWAYS remember that. No matter what the other side has planned for you, GOD is ultimately in control, always has your best interest at heart, and is always working behind the scenes on your behalf. With God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26) - nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37)! And you can always trust Him. Even if you don't see it, HE knows the plans He has for you - plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future...Call on Him, come and pray to Him, and He will listen! You will seek Him and find Him when you seek Him with all your heart! (c.f. Jeremiah 29:11-13) And, oh, when you find that He is right there in the midst of all of this, what a joy and comfort that will be! Hang in there, Julie. I'm here for you - we all are. And we love you, sister.... We're going to pray and love you right through all of this! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Old Spirit

Thank you for good wishes. I am too young for anything but work retirement $$ but we will make it just fine, one learns how little you really need. My blood pressure & weight were going up due to stress so my health is much happier as well.
Just feels good! I am plenty busy at home with our farming anyway.

Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page