54 Posts

Brianna
Gladstone Michigan
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  07:06:43 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

Hi Brianna! WELCOME!!! I don't think it's that odd that you came to Christ at this time in your life. Let's face it, most of us were brought up in Church. Most of us believe. Then life comes and we're thrust into the world and the questions come and sometimes we get caught flailing around in the storm before finally focusing on Him and standing on firm ground! And I don't know that any of us ever really figure it all out. It's a process, don't you think? The great thing is that you were "trained up in the way you should go," and now that you're older, you are "not departing" from it! AWESOME! God's promises in action, sister! God bless you!

I would love to read your blog! The Lord will move your heart when the time is right! Just keep us posted! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Thank you for all your kind words!

I think the most impactful thing that my parents (well, my father anyway) did was tell me to find my own way. He was very adamant about it, in fact. He never forced me to do anything and when I asked him why he told me that he wanted my faith to be MINE, not a replica of what I saw my parents do. He wanted me to find Truth for myself so it meant something. To have that level of support to search was huge for me and it really made all the difference.
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  10:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Last year we started going to a Bible study that was held at one of the long-time church members' houses, and it was great. Then the church decided to come up with weekly small groups so include more people all over the city on different nights of the week. We switched to another group for about 6 months, and it was alright. Recently I've switched back to my original group though because I felt like the small group was more like a social club. We'd eat dinner and chat, the last time I was there one of the ladies said hmm what should we talk about, and I said hey how about the Bible!

Anyway I am so glad to be back at our original group, we're studying directly out of the Bible and I feel like it's helping my growth a lot more.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  10:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Girls - Yesterday when I was typing this, I accidentally hit enter... Then I didn't have time to edit appropriately, and for some reason I couldn't just delete the post, either. Drive me nuts.

Anyhow, the other night I watched "The Letters," a movie about Mother Teresa of Calcutta, which really further impressed in my heart some things that have really been on my mind these past few weeks. I just thought I'd share. Sorry. I fixed it a little bit to make more sense. Just really would love to hear your thoughts on the subjects of denying ourselves and the spiritual darkness, or coldness, that we all sometimes go through.

Matthew 15:24-26

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

How often we forget that Jesus tells us we need to deny ourselves... I see the need to do so all around me all the time… I struggle with that at times... We live in a society where denying one's self is almost unthinkable. Yet I am finding that in denying myself I often gain so much more in other ways. Denying one's self means in every aspect of our lives - not just with things or time or our energy, but in our own desires and sometimes even needs. It is a particular kind of selflessness. Walking with Jesus is not always the cake-walk that some people would like us to believe. Sometimes it is extremely hard and an extreme sacrifice of self. Selfishness, self-centeredness, even self-worship comes in many forms... We are meant to cleanse ourselves of all of this and walk in HIS steps. And yet, the denying of ourselves is the part of that Scripture that so many of us would prefer not to think about because sometimes it is just so very hard to do.

I watched the movie "The Letters" last night and was simply in awe of the selflessness of Mother Teresa. She did everything right, she gave up everything; she received God's amazing graces and blessings; and yet she experienced a spiritual darkness, feeling as if God had abandoned her. Can you even imagine that Mother Teresa, of all people, would go through something like this?! How deep that darkness must have been! How often we do what we believe is right, and then we, too, suffer a spiritual darkness. I think we all wonder at one time or another in our lives, "Where are you, God?" even when deep down, we know He is always there. I wonder if the spiritual darkness Mother Teresa experienced was actually more that of the darkness experienced by the suffering people for whom she cared. As the light of God worked through her to remove the darkness of their suffering, she took their darkness upon herself. Such a great love. God believed in her and trusted her with so very much. He blessed Mother Teresa in miraculous ways. He was always there, and I believe He always made Himself known to her. Even if He didn't, she always lived for His glory. Talk about blind faith! God bless her soul!

We must remember, we are not alone: Jesus felt the same darkness when nailed to the Cross. "My God! My God! Why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46) He was quoting Psalm 22 which describes the agony of a suffering servant.

We can feel that abandonment, or spiritual darkness, when we are suffering and are longing for God's merciful relief. He NEVER abandons us, ever, although it just sure can feel that way sometimes. I actually think sometimes that feeling of abandonment can sometimes be a tool of evil, used in an attempt to make us lose heart and fall away from God. But God is always bigger, and although we may not ever understand why we undergo such trials and suffering, He always has a purpose. Sometimes, perhaps, His purpose is for us to simply grow stronger in our faith and to trust Him. We are so small, we could never understand the ways of God... But we must realize, believe and know that He always has everything under control, even when we cannot see or understand. Sometimes there simply isn’t an answer to “Why?” Sometimes we just need to trust Him. He always works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). He is the Creator, the Giver of Life, Love Itself. Nothing is greater than God. Nothing. So if He allows us to suffer, we must trust in Him and in His purpose for our lives. He promises He will never give us more than we can bear, but will provide a way out for us so that we can withstand it (c.f. I Corinthians 10:13). One day, when we go Home, we will all hear those words we long to hear: "Well done, good and faithful servant...Come and share in your Master's happiness!" (c.f. Matthew 25:21)

The spiritual darkness can also be what we feel when we are in sin, which causes the suffering that comes with separation from God. Again, He NEVER abandons us - when in sin, we have abandoned Him. How often we blame God or feel He fails us, when it is we, in fact, who are the cause of the darkness. His light is still there, shining upon us. His love for us never fails or waivers. The Bible is very clear: "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6). But how often we forget to examine ourselves to figure out how we are cutting ourselves off from His light and love. Sometimes we don’t even realize we’re in sin. The world can make things seem so natural and right, and yet they are absolutely antithetical to God’s heart. It is so important to humble ourselves and examination our hearts and ways when we experience this feeling of darkness, even when we think we’re in line with His Will. This is not to say that we must be scrupulous about every little thing we do - we are human, after all! But it does serve us well to recognize our faults - or to ask Him to show them to us - so that we can continue to grow in His light and transform into the people He created us to be. That is when we begin to realize the life He has planned for us!

I also think this spiritual darkness occurs when others let us down and don't live up to their Christ-like nature. How often people call themselves followers of Christ, but fail to actually do so. When others do not allow the Holy Spirit to flow through them, spiritual darkness definitely will. We cannot - CANNOT - allow that darkness to enter into our hearts and over take us - OR them! We must pray for them when we recognize the darkness overtaking them. Getting upset or angry or complaining or seeking justice when they offend us is not the answer. God tells us, “Vengeance is Mine…” (c.f. Deuteronomy 32:35, Romans 12:19) because He has a plan for their lives, too. He wants to correct them, too, and bring them to His heart. God loves the offender just as much as he who is offended. We have to let HIM work it out for good. It’s just not our job. Turn the other cheek (c.f. Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:29), or kick the dust off your feet as you walk away (c.f. Matthew 10:14, Luke 9:5), right? God wants to save them, too, so pray, show mercy and allow His grace to flow through you! Be the instrument of His peace! Let His light in! If you ever want to know just how important your words and actions are, re-visit the Book Of James. Our lives and actions have a profound effect in the lives of others and for the Kingdom, to be sure!

I'm sure there are many reasons we feel this spiritual darkness at times. The main thing is, we need to remember that God truly loves us, more than we can ever imagine, with a love greater than we have ever experienced here in this life. We need to remember that when it seems like He isn't there or doesn't care, because those are the farthest things from the truth - He IS there, He DOES care, and He DOES have our best interests at heart. It seems like He entrusts an awful lot to His children at times, but that's only because He believes in us. He equips us in every way necessary to do His Will, and He wants us to grow closer to Him through whatever comes our way. Only evil destroys, and evil wants us to be separated from Him forever. We cannot let that happen, not to ourselves, nor to anyone else. As Christians we have a great responsibility. When it seems all our efforts are for naught, then we must simply, lovingly and faithfully pray and trust. Light pierces even the deepest darkness. His light is always there. His love is always there. Our lives must always reflect His light, even when surrounded by darkness.

Always remember: You are deeply loved, profoundly loved. You matter in eternal ways, and everything you do and endure impacts the Kingdom in ways unimaginable. You mean everything to Him, you really, really, do! He gave His Life for you that you might LIVE! You are a Child of the Most High God, a miraculous creation of His love! You have a dignity and worth beyond measure because you are His child, made in His image, and have His breath of life in you. You have great purpose, a future of promise, a mission incomparable! You are a light in the midst of the darkness! You are a Princess and Daughter of the King!

How wonderful our Father is! What a mighty God we serve!

God bless you, love you and strengthen you today and always. I love you, my sisters, and are so grateful to have you in my life!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 07 2016 07:09:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  6:00:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here, and thought I'd say hello. I'm a Christian, but recently, I realized I've been trying to do way too much in my own strength. I need to get back into my quiet time now that we are settled in our new home. :)

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  03:14:10 AM  Show Profile
Audra I understand that! Have finally learned to give it to God but I need quiet time with him to keep me going. I think it is so easy to get caught up in doing that we forget to give it to the one who is really in control.

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  12:03:03 PM  Show Profile
That is for sure. We need to make that a priority. God first.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  6:38:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on making that a priority this week. :)

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  03:14:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow been awhile since anyone was here. Just read through your last post again Nini and I am sure it is the evil one trying to steal us from God when we go through dark times. I find the closer my walk the more he tries to steal my peace and joy. Our society is constantly trying to push God away, we are called horrible things if we go against society in our Fathers name. It is time though my dear fellow Christians to stand strong and pray like you have never prayed. It is time to speak up as look at what has happened due to our silence. Christians are intimidated into silence. As hard as it is, and often lonely, we must stand strong and remember God is our shield and always with us!

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  05:16:41 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Amen and AMEN, Rae! God bless you!!!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

tboatwright
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Tina
Gatesville Texas
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  06:52:07 AM  Show Profile
I am a Christian too. I am new to this forum. It does my heart good to join such a wonderful group!

Tina
Farmgirl Sisterhood #6289
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  07:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Tina, Welcome to the Farm.

I have been on a journey of living by faith and it has brought me peace and a feeling of safety I have never experienced before. I would like to hear from other Christian sisters who have stepped out and are living by faith.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2016 :  05:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Tina!

How beautiful, Sara! I would love to hear more about your experience!!!

I need prayer for my son, girls. He is 20 and going through that whole college thing where he knows better and is questioning the Lord. Actually, he is quite angry with God because of what is happening with his dad's health. He said some things the other night that caught me so off guard I was speechless. He is such a good young man with such a bright future, I just can't get over this attitude. It has been tough lately, I will give him that; but I don't see how he can be angry with God when He has blessed us so much every step of the way with Dad's illness. He is hurting and really worried about losing his dad, he really is. And I was warned by friends that once he started college, its influence could steal him from God and make him lose his faith; so, of course, I am concerned about worldly influences affecting his walk with the Lord. I highly, highly doubt that he will lose his faith - he loves God very much; but I am taken back quite a bit because I can definitely hear the influence of others in his words. I've been praying fervently for him ever since this little encounter we shared; and I do know that God understands what is going on in his head and heart, and that He is big enough to love him through it. God understands, but I am sure His heart is hurt by my son's attitude. I know mine is! Sigh... Anyhow, I am lassoing him daily with an extra daily Rosary, but it would give me great peace of mind if you would all pray for him, too. Thank you...SO much. In the meantime, I'm leaning heavily on God's word: "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6. I am hoping this is just a phase that he will grow out of eventually; but Sara, I think you can definitely chalk this one up to living by faith! :)

God's blessings to all!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 16 2016 05:46:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2016 :  07:10:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Nina, I have experienced what you have been going through with my son and nephew. They knew and loved Jesus as children but once under the influence of non-believers in college they lost their way. Like you I believe God is doing a work in their hearts to bring them back to him. When we give our cares to the Lord we must not take them back and try to do it on our own. Yes, Nina that's living by faith.

I was talking with the woman next door to me who is a true believer and lives by faith. She has been promoted to store manager at Home Depot but will be moving to another area. The conversation turned to her new car and how she needed it because she will be driving 100 miles one way until she finds a house. "Yes, she said God gave me a new car long before I knew how much I would need it" When it's God plan for your life he will make the path easy for you and everything will fall into place.

Along with living by faith I also believe in a season for things to happen and if we are not prepared and ready to step out the season will pass us by and if we do try to do it the way will be difficult for us. There's much to be said, studied, and learned on living by faith and due seasons. I have been searching for a Bible study - I may have found it here on the Farm writing this reply. Living by faith in due seasons.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2016 :  5:05:22 PM  Show Profile
Good one Sarah! Be strong Nini,

I will put your son in my prayers and all of you as well.

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  08:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls. I am strong in the Lord, and I know he loves my son even more than I can imagine. It was just so unnerving to hear him talk the way he did. I know God won't let him slip through His fingers, though, and I know He has a plan for his life! Thank you so much for your prayers, really!

You know, Sara, I was thinking about this a lot. It's so funny how many times in my life I have tried and tried and tried to fix a situation or accomplish something, and it wasn't until I was exhausted from my efforts that I just threw up my hands and gave it all to God. Every single time, EVERY single time, when I turned it over to Him, things suddenly fell into place. How many times I've laughed at myself, thinking I had to do it all, when in reality, God was just waiting for me to give Him the chance to prove Himself and His love for me! I have learned over time to just trust Him in blind faith, and to pray to Him for wisdom, guidance or direction and prompting before I tackle anything. Such a blessing. It's even more of a blessing, though, to recognize His hand in everything. SO cool. How many times I just smile and say, "Oh, God, You are just so sweet! Thank you! Thank you, Lord!" It's amazing how when we start to recognize everything He is doing and has done for us, we start to see the world in a completely different light. He really does have it all under control. He has a plan. All we really have to do is sit back and watch it unfold!

The world today is such a scary, worrisome place. Listening to the news - local, national, or world coverage - shock, fear, disgust, anger, frustration, a feeling of helplessness or hopelessness, etc., can really set in. The same can be said of things that we see or hear happening in our personal lives. It's like everything has gone wonky and is spiraling out of control. Whenever I start to get upset about this or that, or whenever I fear the worst might happen, my heart and my mind are always prompted to remember that He loves us and that none of this is news to Him. I am His child. We all are. If, as a parent, I protect my child and provide for his needs, how much moreso will our Father in Heaven do for us? I know how simplistic that may seem to some, but I really believe it's the truth. We must simply live by faith, right? That's all He asks of us. He will take care of everything. We must simply trust that Jesus will either work it all together for our good somehow, or give us a way out, or, perhaps, even remove us, in His perfect timing. He has already won. He has already overcome, and won. When we are finally with Him, where we truly all belong, as the hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" states, "...the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glorious Face."

Here is a lovely medley for you all to enjoy from Sandi Patty, one of my favorites, from her album, "Hymns Just For You." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXm3vLuAIMI I pray it will be a blessing to you today!

Much love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 17 2016 08:19:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to my small group tonight, I've missed the last few weeks because our hosts have been in Germany and we've been rotating houses and not sticking to one topic. As I like routine, I'd rather stop going than mix it up, haha. Anyway I'm excited to see everyone again. We're starting on Mark, which is probably my favorite gospel.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  12:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great study, Rachel! Please do share with us what you learn! Have fun! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  03:51:23 AM  Show Profile
We are using different books from the Women of Faith, now on A Life of Worship in our Bible study. They work really well for the small group I host every other week. We do one lesson a week which allows us time for discussions as well as sharing things in need of prayer.

I personally really enjoy the fellowship of other Christian women in the trying times we are going through. We all need encouragement to be strong in our faith as I feel there is a real war against Christians and satan is gaining strength in our society. Please ladies be strong and in prayer.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  06:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Rachel and Rae your women Bible study groups sound wonderful.

This morning my dog, Annie, had something corner under the Yellow Rose Cottage and I ran out to see what I could see. The next thing I knew I was in full freefall from stepping in one of her holes I hadn't filled. As soon as I hit the ground I heard me say "thank you Lord for me not breaking any bones". Living by faith has taught me to always give thanks in all situations because they could be a lot worse.

BTW I have a skinned and bruised right hand, hip, and knee but nothing broken just shaken up pretty good. Over the next several days I will experience MS symptoms that will come and go but at my age any fall without breaking a bone especially a hip bone is a miracle as for as I am concerned.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  06:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Sara! I am so glad your fall wasn't worse! God is definitely good and loves you so very much! I will pray that your other injuries will be quickly healed, and that God will be merciful with regards to the MS symptoms. I really pray you don't have any!!! Please be careful, dear sister! We love you and want you to be healthy, happy and WHOLE! ;)

Rae that sounds like another great study! I would love to hear what you are learning as you go, as well!

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I am new up here and I'm a Christian. I was raised going to church and I currently attend a Southern Baptist Church. :)

https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #7232
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  11:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Lately I've been struggling to keep up on my studies. When my guy died I leaned really hard on my church friends and God and it really got me through the rough times. But after his death I also had to find a new rhythm, get used to living alone, balance my finances, etc. and keeping up with attending church/Bible study kind of fell by the wayside. I was too exhausted, and being in the room where we held his funeral was just too sad. Going alone was too hard (I have people to sit with but I used to enjoy our drive over and back together). My faith is still solid but I know it's important to be with our brothers and sisters and continue learning, and that part I just haven't been doing. I'm glad that Christmas is almost here, I'm hoping to be involved in our Christmas festivities, possibly helping out with the kids' play, and going to our special services.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  1:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello Kiersten! Somehow missed your post.

Hello Rachel! Sounds like you have been struggling but trusting God to get you through things. Maybe you can volunteer to be a part of Christmas festivities at your church and even be involved in a different area other than Bible study until you are more healed from your loss, just a thought.

How is everyone doing? We are entering such a wonderful season in the church! Let us rejoice and be positive in this world so filled with darkness and anger. God bless you all.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Dear, sweet Rachel... I can only imagine what you are going through. I am so truly sorry for your loss and the pain and the adjustments you have been thrown into. Please remember to be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to heal without feeling guilty for so doing. God understands. It is only for a time and a season. There will come a day when your life experiences a new spring, and then you will find the energy to get up and move forward and go back to those Bible studies, church meetings and get-togethers, and services again. Start getting back into everything little by little, as your spirit is led and as your body and mind allow. This is a most difficult thing you are experiencing, sister. It's okay to take time to heal. You need this in order to regain your strength and footing. When you do that, you'll be able to live life to its fullest again. This won't be forever. And remember the most holy times between us and God are those that are just that - between us and God. That time is just as precious to Him as when you are reading and studying His word, and as when you are worshiping in your church, or knee-deep in fellowship with other Christians. One-on-one time with God is a special form of communion, a special form of worship. Yes, you do need to get back to church and study and other things... but all in due time. Right now just breathe and sleep and eat and do the necessaries. The Lord is right there with you, holding you in His arms and carrying you when times are at their toughest. Little by little he will help you get your feet to the ground. He will hold your hand and keep you steady until you're able to walk all on your own again. And even then, He will still be at your side, seeing you through. He is there, always, and he knows and understands exactly what you're going through and what you need. It's okay to just breathe right now. Honest.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (KJV)

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  1:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Rachel, you dear sister in the Lord. I pray for peace and comfort as you navigate a path you did not choose. Everyone grieves in their on way and time. Only you can decide what that will be. When you can't do something just say Jesus help me and He's there. Sometimes that's the only thing you have the strength to do and He knows what you need before you do. You need your sisters here and at church to keep you lifted in prayer. We will do it when you can't.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly