Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Tutorial on monthly SISTER ISSUE Navigation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Tutorial on monthly SISTER ISSUE Navigation Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  08:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I thought I might make a quick tutorial on how to get around in MaryJanesFarm Sister Issue. I hope this helps!

Follow the link in your sisterhood email to get to the Sister Issue.
A page in your internet browser should open right up to the Sister Issue itself!

By clicking on the preview image of a page, it will open to a much larger version:

Once the full-screen viewing mode is open, if you click again on the page, it will zoom in even further. You will notice that the image "floats" with your cursor. This can be a bit hard to master. Take a bit of time to get used to how the image moves around while you're looking at it.

You may want to increase the zoom amount or decrease it. Currently you can do this by scrolling the mouse wheel or by grabbing and dragging the little slider on the left side of the navigation bar at the top.

Click the page again to return to viewing the whole page.

Please note the nifty page turning icon. It's there both when you're zoomed in and when you're not.

You can use the bottom line of page thumbnails to go directly to a specific page. If the page you want isn't in that lineup, click one of the grey bars beneath the thumbnails to display a different set of pages.

Exit the full-screen mode by clicking the "X" icon in the navigation menu.

To save a copy to your computer, or to print the whole Sister Issue, download a PDF of it.
Click the "Download PDF" button to open the PDF version.

Right-click the button and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." to immediately save a copy without opening it in your internet browser:

Right now there's no way to print from the on-screen version. There used to be a way, but it has been removed. Hopefully they'll add it back in soon. In the meantime, you can always print from the PDF version.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile
Good job, Alee.

We're trying to take care of any requests or problems that our Sisters might have using the new format. Stay tuned...
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  12:51:27 PM  Show Profile
I have all my other clucks in pdf files saved on my computer so I can get them printed sometime in the future. Is that a possibility with the new format? I didn't see anyway to save the cluck!? Maybe I missed it!?

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  1:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
There currently is not an option to save the document as a PDF using the new format, however once you are logged onto the Cluck, if you go up to your menu bar for Internet Explorer or whichever browser you are using and click (File) (Save As) You can save the document that way. I just tested it and it will open up off your hard drive right to the document.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  2:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, I am wanting to print it out somewhere other than my home as it will take a lot of colored ink and cheaper elsewhere to print! Well, I'll have to wait and see if that's a possibility later! Thanks for looking into it!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  3:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
April, perhaps you could log on where ever you want to print and pull the website up there? Also you can save the website via the process I mentioned above and save it to a disk or a thumb drive etc. Please let me know if I can help further!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  4:10:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm navigating the new cluck style just peachy Thanks everyone!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Heather Weather
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

16 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi....I am just now getting to read Mary Jane's Cluck...this is so cute...and I had to laugh...because at my local Albertson's grocery tore..there is always a special on chicken on Mondays...I always say "Cluck cluck save a buck"...random, I know...but I LOVE this issue.

I'm just having one small problem. I can log on to the forum perfectly fine...However, when I use the same user id and password to log on to the "Cluck"...it doesn't work. I can use the general log in id and password. Will the issue resolve itself?

Anyways...I'm going to have a boatload of fun perusing this month's issue :) :) Lots of love and hugs from Oregon, Heather H :) (aka Heather Weather) #2176 :) :) :)
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! That's a great idea!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  07:17:42 AM  Show Profile
heather, howdy and a big farm girl welcome to you. i am in bend oregon. where are you. i am always happy to see new oregon girls coming on. i love the page turner and the zoom in option. eyes are not as good as they once were.lol happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

motherhen
Chatroom Moderator

42 Posts

Henrietta
Moscow Idaho
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  07:36:36 AM  Show Profile
With the new general user password sent to those of you having problems with accessing the December issue of the CLUCK, comments are coming to us without the name of the sender. So to whoever posted this comment, below is your answer as well as in Alee's tutorial above. Good cluck!

Submitted by: Farmgirl Sisterhood
On: 12/2/2010 5:33:43 PM
Comment: Hate the new format--can't get it to stay still to read. Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLUTION: The default setting has the text "float" with the mouse movement when you zoom in to read. You need to click to zoom in, then a new menu opens up. On that menu you need to click the "Eye" icon and then select the "Drag" option that appears.
Go to Top of Page

Heather Weather
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

16 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  5:42:12 PM  Show Profile
Alee....cluck cluck ...thanks for the tutorial :) :) :)

Sherrye....I'm in Southern Oregon...living in Jackson County!!!

Oh, I left two comments on the "Cluck" yesterday and added my name as well as my forum name. Not sure if they made it, because it showed up as an "error" message after I clicked submit...Hmm..Well, I'm super excited about this magazine. It's really beautiful!!! Love and hugs to all the Farmgirl Sisters...and I"m sure there's probably a few fellas out there, too....from Oregon, Heather :)
Go to Top of Page

Ann2144
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

USA
106 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Alee! I "get it" Now!

Love Each Other

Ann Farmgirl #2144
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  08:37:22 AM  Show Profile
I was able to figure out the basic navigation ok, I have seen this same format used for a few online craft magazines. I hate it! A pdf is much more accessible and easier to go in and out of. I can't read too much at the computer in one sitting and this is real hard to deal with for me. But I read above a way to save? THAT is news to me, so I will have to try it. It is still a resource hog on my ancient computer, but at least maybe I will be able to eventually read the whole thing which is really my only goal. I wonder why the change? It all looks so sleek and glossy now but a PITA if you ask me LOL.

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Heather Weather
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

16 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  11:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Urban Chickie.... I was wondering about the download possibilities, too. If you go back to the cluck there's a button below the magazine called "download cluck"...you can right click on that and save it to your hard drive or your thumb drive as a PDF file...then it might be easier to read!!! I did that....and opened up the PDF file after I saved it...just to double check...and it's great...because I maximize the page size to suit my needs.

Greetings from Oregon, Heather :)
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  11:15:45 AM  Show Profile
OMG! Thank you so much for that tip Heather! I am sure it is more a factor of me and my software, but that will be SO much easier and accessible for me! I looked but didn't see that, obviously didn't look good enough :)
Yes, that's another thing I prefer about pdfs, is the sizing factor. My preferences always seem to go between the choices on those online mags. Tghis is a great work around. Thanks again!!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Heather Weather
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

16 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Urban Chickie...

Thanks...make sure and thank the awesome folks at Mary Jane's Farm...I asked about this on their FB page...and that's where they gave me the answer :) :) :) Oh, this magazine is so much fun...and so beautiful. When I told my dad that I get a monthly issue of "MaryJane's Cluck" with my Sisterhood membership...he didn't believe me...He thought I was making it up....until I showed him the magazine!!! :) :) :) :) Now he keeps saying "MaryJane's Cluck". My dad is a sweetheart...and now he's starting to like MaryJane's Farm and all it's cool stuff, too :) :)

Hugs from Oregon, Heather :) Farmgirl Sister #2176
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  05:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Wow! They must have added that, cause I didn't see that huge happy download button before! Thanks MJF computer peeps! That's the best!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  11:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Heather and Catherine...don't forget that once you download the newsletter and get it in PDF form, you still need to click File, Save As, and then send it to your desktop or a drive to actually keep it in your computer. I just did it and it works just like it used to before the new format.

I don't have internet at home so I like to open them when I am out and save it to my laptop for reading in bed at home.

Good luck with it!

Carrie M

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  05:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Hey, I'm still having issues trying to access the cluck. It wont let me log in with my user name and password. Is there a general password for it that I missed? Or maybe my email got deleted from it. Could someone email the password if there is please?
Thanks
Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Joanna- You have to have a sisterhood membership in order to access the cluck.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Hi Alee,
I do have the sisterhood membership.
Well I just renewed it anyway. Does it take a while for the renewal to go through?
Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is possible. I would give it a few days but if it takes much longer than that, I would call the office and Brian can look into the matter for you. Or you can email him at brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Okay thanks :)
I miss the cluck lol. I really enjoyed it when I was able to read it all last year.
Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  2:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joanna. Thanks for emailing me. Is everything working for you now?

Thanks,

~Brian

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."
Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
Go to Top of Page

JEN000
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Jennifer
Omaha NE
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  9:49:37 PM  Show Profile
The Cluck is awesome! It's like getting another whole magazine for free! Now I don't have to wait so long in between. Thank you - I know it take a lot of time and resources!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Tutorial on monthly SISTER ISSUE Navigation Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page