Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 heading to the gym today, change of routine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic heading to the gym today, change of routine Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  07:29:43 AM  Show Profile
This is a permanent change in our lifestyle. We have no weight loss goals, only that we work out 5-6 days a week, and eat organic, homegrown or homemade meals along with it. Anyone else making a huge change in their routine this year?

We made a pumpkin/black bean soup yesterday and the kids liked it. I posted the link and others on my blog.

I have to say I feel better overall, mentally and physically, and have dropped a few pounds. We are taking a few kiddos to the gym today also.

Farmgirl #800
http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  08:27:41 AM  Show Profile
That's great! I am kind of doing the same thing. I didn't say I want to lose "x amount of pounds", just made the effort to stick to my workout routine. We are trying to eat 2 meatless meals a week. I also feel great!

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  08:47:40 AM  Show Profile
I commend you both. I am trying to cook healthy foods without additives, and need to get my head on straight about going to the gym. I find myself whining because of the snow & ice outside...so I don't want to bother. We too are trying to use meat as only a side dish or not at all. Looking at the price of everything, it is important for our pocketbooks to try & decrease meat & those high priced items. I am not a 7th Day Adventist, but have seen recipes where they make a lentil "meat-less" loaf. I think I may try some of those things & ease them into our diet. Good luck to you all...good luck to me.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  08:52:59 AM  Show Profile
I will have to look for that recipe Claudia! Good luck to you as well!

Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic heading to the gym today, change of routine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page