star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  07:52:56 AM  Show Profile
I have intermittently heard of folks who had really used coupons to their advantage and have even heard that some are able to get extra food that can be donated to their local food pantry. But, where do you get coupons? I have almost always used store brands but am interested to hear how couponing has worked for you and how you keep track of the expiration dates and how you link them to sales at your grocers. Any info at all would help me since I would definitely be a newbie at this. Thanks

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  09:00:35 AM  Show Profile
I used to do this and was quite successful at it. I had access to flyers in the Wednesday mail. I lived in a rural area where virtually everyone got their mail at the post office. They would throw out their flyers and I would got dig them out of the trash can in the lobby. Also, on Wednesdays, the newspapers would run double and triple coupons in the ads. Then home to go through my files to see what I could match

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  09:31:05 AM  Show Profile
I belong to RefundCents. It's great. I get the magazine, which also includes access to the website. It's all about saving with coupons and such. I've learned a lot over the years and even though I do not stock up as much as some do, I've still managed to save quite a bit.
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  10:10:09 AM  Show Profile
when my kids were little we did cpns and refunding big time- trading cpns with friends is great-some libraries have boxes for trading- or even senior centers.

whatever way you store (file) them -put them in order of expiration from closest to farthest away-ex: dog food- march 31 then april or may -easiest to file by category

if you find a news carrier who delivers sundays and ever has extra cpns-they throw them out!

ask people -like on here-
there are many cpn websites but some stores won't take those printed from online-

some spartan groceries double cpns up to 75 cents or a dollar.

no coupon is a good deal unless you will use the product!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic extreme couponing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page