woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  1:07:29 PM  Show Profile
How do you keep what you have earned organized? I have been thinking about doing something like a list or a checklist, but is seems kind of extreme...LOL! What have some of you ladies that have earned quite a bit of them done?

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  2:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Well, Liz I don't have quite a bit. Only 6 so far, but I knew right away that I would need a way to keep track. I made a simple Excel table that lists the main category and subcategory underneath. I list the date started, date finished, date applied for badge, and "awarded" so I know I'm completely finished with it. I have a line for Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. It would be great if someone came up with pdf that we could download and fill in as we go along.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  2:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Farmdream, a PDF to fill in would be a fabulous idea! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13586 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13586 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  3:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Liz,
I've printed out all the "requirements" pages and have them in a a plastic folder with the brad closures. When I submit an application I write "submitted" and the date right beside whichever one it is, when it is awarded I write "awarded" and the date next to that. When I've earned all three levels for each one I cross through the badge title and mark it with a check and the word "done".
When I put them in the folder they are in order as they are listed on the "Earn Merit Badges" section here on the forum. When new ones are added, they are in numerical order and I just add them to the categories.

Farmdream . . . your idea is a great one.

Happy "earning" . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  4:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, I have only started working on them...I printed out all the requirements and put them in a binder. I figure I'll check off each requirement as I go and file and documentation, pictures etc plus my submission behind that sheet then I will put my certificate with it when its awarded. I do like the idea of keeping up with the dates though. Might have to think about doing this.

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile
That's a good idea CJ. I have my certificates printed, and in plastic page protectors in a 3-ring binder (2 actually). I have not come up with an idea for my embroidered badges yet. Most of these have been saved on my flash drive until I have more free time.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13586 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13586 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  5:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
All of my certificates are printed and in a big 3-ring binder which is on my library shelf. I have the "requirements" pages in the much smaller plastic brad folder. I have embroidered all of my badges, except the last two . . . adhered them to backing fabric with Wonder-Under, sewn on the buttons and other embellishments. They are in a basket . . waiting for me to get the time to put them into a mini quilt which is what I do want to do with them. Just haven't had time to put that together yet.

I put the "submitted" date for my own record. But there have been 3-4 times when it took a really long time for the application to be approved and I asked Kevin (he's no longer at the Farm) about them and was able to tell him the date I submitted them and that helped him look for them.

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ellimae
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

eileen
edison nj
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:26:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm just starting my merit badges keeping the printouts in a binder then putting badges on a new white apron that i can wear proudly

Do as the farmgals do!
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  03:50:19 AM  Show Profile
I started a "scrapbook album" using a scrapbook that has spiral binding (Hobby Lobby) and add pictures and commentaries. When I earn a badge I copy the picture of it to my Documents and resize it smaller.. color it with markers (scrapbook) and add it to the page. For each Badge I have allowed 2 to 3 pages for each level (even if I haven't begun them yet).

As I am working on a new badge I document my progress by printing pictures and put them with the SBook. When I finish the work, I am ready to finish the pages for the Badge.
I LOVE the idea of adding the dates the badge was submitted and approved. I do this too!

I also just resized my badges (just a few) to one inch squares to make the jewelry that is in the April 2012 CLUCK. Next-- another trip to the craft store!! LOL

LOVING IT in Texas
Farm Sister 3153
Mary Madelena
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  12:17:28 PM  Show Profile
I have files on my computer in folders, Merit badges, in that folder is Finish up, next folder is need submitted, the next folder is submitted, and then the next is approved. Each merit badge has its own word document titled something like, StitchingandCrafting.Aprons.Beginner.doc that way I know exactly what I have done. Here is an example of what each document is based off of.

Farm Kitchen Recipes Intermediate
(Category – Task – Level)

FarmGirl Merit Badge Submission Outline
Emily
Hack
alterationsbyemilyMembership: 2951
Alterationsbyemily
Thomasville
Pennsylvania
Farm Kitchen
Recipes
Intermediate

Requirements: Intermediate Level
• Create a recipe box or book to keep all your heirloom recipes safe.
• Make three more to give to other family members.
How you earned your merit badge:

How did it turn out:

Date Started
Date Finished

Upload Photo Location and copy

Date submitted

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://featheredhattrading.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  12:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Mine are printed out as well. I have them in the plastic page protectors. I also print out both the certificate and the badge template and put them in the binder. I LOVE flipping through my binder, wondering which one to work on next!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  10:37:34 AM  Show Profile
I have one binder just for the requirements. I write the date submitted, the date awarded or rejected and whether I have finished embroidering the patch.

In another binder I print out the various certificates and put them in page protectors with the highest level achieved on top. And I put the finished badge in the pocket also because I'm not sure what I want to do with them.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Organizing Merit Badges Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page