hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  1:00:50 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear Carol has been sick! Praying she feels better quickly!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  1:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Poor Carol. I was just wondering how to get her some flowers when she wrote to say she's starting to feel better and thought she might be up for a little work remotely from her home.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  1:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh no... I am sorry to hear about Carol. I am a firm believer in drinking chicken broth when sick. Maybe that might help Carol get back on her feet.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  2:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Poor Carol! The already mentioned Chicken broth is important. I sip mine with jalapeños added. It is my elixir of choice at times like these. Get well, stay well, be well ~ all!

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "Where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind!"
blog http://edgehilherbfarm.blogspot.com/
"Happy Glamper" farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

NY Pumpkin girl
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Christine
Gouverneur New York
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  5:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send NY Pumpkin girl a Yahoo! Message
Feel better soon Carol. I also would vote for a Farmgirl planner.... It would be awesome.

NY Pumpkin girl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  03:38:47 AM  Show Profile
I hope Carol is feeling better today.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  05:07:50 AM  Show Profile
I am just finding this thread! What planet have I been on lately??!! I too would love a MJF Planner for 2016. Even though I have the electronic options on my phone and computer, there is something about a paper version that appeals to me more.

Carol, I do hope you are getting better soon! Sending you some sunshine wishes for a speedy recovery from Florida.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  09:41:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm hoping Carol will make it back to work on Monday. On Friday I dropped off fresh flowers and ... a People magazine (mindless diversion). Her congestion seemed to be getting better.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

NY Pumpkin girl
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Christine
Gouverneur New York
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  12:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Send NY Pumpkin girl a Yahoo! Message
That is good news to hear. So glad she is feeling better.

NY Pumpkin girl Farmgirl sister 6634.
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Get Well Soon Carol,
I would also love a planner. (To keep up with the swaps! lol). Carol I hope you are feeling better. My husband and I have been fighting bad head colds this week. Anyway I hope we all have healthy holidays coming up.
Hugs,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  6:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Carol, feel better fast, please...

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  07:57:17 AM  Show Profile
I love all the ideas and support this forum provides. Go Sisterhood!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  05:04:49 AM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Hope everyone is well. Holidays are headed our way so stay healthy.

I have been wanting to do something more economical and fun with my planner. Not gonna buy one of those that cost 50.00 and need one with more space than a calendar!! So, I'm making my own with a journal. Its that fake leather type and its really sleek. I just have to add dividers and find a format for he pages. Im gonna cut up and glue cute photos to the pages. It will have to work til Mz MaryJane comes up with hers!! (Love you, MJ!)

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  05:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
You will have to show us your planner when you get done with it....

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

morganewilson
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Morgan
Knoxville TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  09:37:13 AM  Show Profile
Neat. I bought an Erin Condren planner last year (a $50 planner..wuut?!) thinking it would change my life. Some people get *really* into planners and I have found I am not one of those people. I use it for its intended purpose when I remember to use it. It's spiral bound and I like that it has a the whole month on two pages, then followed by each week spread out over two pages so you have more to write in detail in each day. It comes with stickers to mark special events and birthdays. It's got a clip in to the binding ruler to mark your place. It has removable covers but I think that is kind of pointless TBH. At first I thought it was neat but then realized it just annoys me that they can start to come off on their own. It has a clear plastic pocket for pens and stickers but I find that it easily gets thicker than the binding really likes.
I guess in the end functionality is the most important to me...and price. I don't think I'll ever pay so much for a planner again. I guess it would be super cool if a MJF planner catered to cooking, gardening and crafting more than other planners. *shrug*
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  10:21:05 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, I would like to suggest the layout of the planner to include space for each day to list specific things you plan to get done or need to remember. I am thinking you could get two-three days on one page. Plus, a spiral bound works nice to just have what you need showing.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Several years ago I purchased a planner that was an equine relate planner. Had tips and such for horses. Im added all kinds of info so Im using a page per day. This journal has 400 pages!!! I'll have enough space for doodles!!

A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2015 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered a Happy Planner by Create 365. I ordered from Hobby Lobby and with a coupon it was about twenty dollars, I think that included the shipping. It is about 8" x 10" with laminated covers. I removed the months prior to November. It is flexible enough to fold in half backwards. It is "spiral" with interesting rings that have hearts in the center of each. I have been using Mary Engelbreit's spiral calendar books, but they do not have enough room for me. The new one has a page for reminders, the name of the month page, the whole month spread across two pages, followed by each week.Notes down the left side, then Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Across the rings you have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each day is a long column divided into Morning, Afternoon and evening. I am hopeful this will work for me. I have preschool, kids birthdays, family birthdays, holidays, etc. If I do not have my preschool days marked I will not be able to keep up. Our director likes holidays. I also have swaps and batters to keep up with. Hopefully there won't be many medical appointments.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2015 :  11:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Waiting on MaryJane's Planner.....

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  05:26:19 AM  Show Profile
Meee tooo! :)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:30:22 AM  Show Profile
Karina has put three days into it so far. I think today she'll get it finished and we'll post some photos here to help you decide if it's a fit for you. I think it's adorable and one that I'll use. We put some cute farmgirl tips, etc. throughout.

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  08:03:48 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh That sounds wonderful. I really didn't think it would happen for this coming year.... Whoo Hoo !!!

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am all smiles!!! Can't wait to see what you came up with...

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  10:25:22 AM  Show Profile
It's exciting to be a part of a work in process. Thanks MaryJane, Karina, and Carole.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  1:07:21 PM  Show Profile
It's probably not going to get finished today. Too many bread photos to take yet today. Sorry girls. Too bad I can't share some of our bread fresh from the oven. 14 loaves today!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Planner Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page