kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  5:39:51 PM  Show Profile
I just love this song that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood have out right now. It brings back so many wonderful memories for me. Has anyone else heard it? It's really beautiful. It just reminds me of all the neat things my hubby and I used to do together. But how life gets in the way and things happen. Then one day you look around and wonder what the heck happened to us. It happens way too fast. One day we are just old. Or can't do this. Or can't do that. But we still have our memories. Those can't be taken from us. I do long for those carefree days when we would just go jump in the kids pool naked after putting them to bed at night. Or going for a motorcycle ride down a dirt road and finding a cool creek and jumping in, not caring if anyone is around. All the camping we used to do. Trips we used to go on. We really did have fun. Now it's just like we have too many things getting in our way to get back to that. I'm only 53 but right now I am feeling so old. I need to be reminded of the way it used to be.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  8:14:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm right behind you kristin and I know what you mean about somedays feeling so old but today I read a wonderful interview on a couple in the guiness book of world records for the longest marraige. 80 something years. They are in their 100's! They would consider us babies!
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Aww Kris,
I think we all have those days..or years....sigh. But I know that even though things are of a cooler nature for hubby and myself with him having prostate cancer we try to find some time to snuggle and talk over our day in bed. Nothing sexy happening...just comforting each other. It helps us to stay close and remember how much we love each other. This is my 2nd marriage and sometimes I feel a bit robbed but I just remember life could be a whole lot worse. I count my lucky stars for having a wonderful man with whom to share the 2nd half of my life. Maybe time to plan a special night away from home for you 2? Sometimes all it takes to reconnect is a wkend away from home. A nice dinner out...a walk on a trail.....some sightseeing...anything that takes you away from the routine. You two deserve that!
And yes, I love that song too! Brad P. and Carrie U. have done a few duets together and I just love their voices.
Huggz

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tapestry on Sep 12 2011 12:17:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  5:58:58 PM  Show Profile
I just love this song. Every time I hear it a try to remind myself to give DH a big kiss and a pinch on the butt. ;)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  4:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Our 33rd anniversary is the end of Oct. and I want to go do something special. Just us. I have found a few ladies who can farm sit for me now! That's a really big thing. So I will see what I can do.

Yeah, my hubby is 10 years older and has lots of health issues now. I feel like you, Cheryl. I do love him so much but long for those days again.

Megan, I never ever even thought about 30 years layer when we got married. I was always so busy with kids and things. I wish I had paid more attention. Time has flown by way too fast. It's just weird. So cherish each day. One day you will be here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  4:39:23 PM  Show Profile
I actually just heard that song for the first time the other night- and YES I too loved it! Hubby and I will celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary on 9/24...I've known him over 30 years and we had always kinda had our eye on each other(MY sister and HIS brother are married almost 30 years). We were in their wedding together and then became my nephews God parents- and that is when we FINALLY realized that we were meant to be together...LOL. So I am thrilled to be married to my wonderful hubby for 17 years. We have 2 children ages 11 and 13yrs old- so I totally hear you with time slipping by so quickly. I already "hired" my niece to "kid sit" on the night of our anniversary so that we can enjoy a nice night out together. We try and do fun things with each other to keep our romance alive and well. I agree that everyone needs a little "reminding" once in a while about exactly "Why" it is that we love our hubby! Great Song! Happy Anniversary Kris!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  6:47:05 PM  Show Profile
What a great story, Laurie. I love that. And happy anniversary to you, too. Have a great time and do something extra special.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Remind Me Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page