Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 3 WA Farmgirl Small ATC Swap Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 3 WA Farmgirl Small ATC Swap Closed Next Topic
Page: of 2

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  06:44:16 AM  Show Profile
I have seen in several threads that many ladies, like myself, find doing 20 ATC's a little overwhelming. One farmgirl wanted a smaller ATC swap, so that artist could spend more time on each ATC, to make them really fabulous. Some have also expressed the desire to do an ATC swap locally. I am setting the number to 5. You have to have 75 posts to join.

Trish
Marilyn-I've saved you a spot, let me know if you want out.
Sissy

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Oct 02 2011 1:31:58 PM

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  06:49:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm in from Connell, WA :) Will it be a farmgirl theme ATC? that would be fun for a first one - any theme will be great though.

"Life does not seem regular and established when there is no apple-tree in the yard and about the buildings, no orchards blooming in the May and laden in the September, no baskets heaped with the crisp smooth fruits; without all these I am still a foreigner, sojourning in a strange land." [L.H. Bailey, "The Apple-Tree", 1922]
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sissy!
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of just letting us go wild, and do whatever is in our hearts.
quote:
Originally posted by sissysquilts

I'm in from Connell, WA :) Will it be a farmgirl theme ATC? that would be fun for a first one - any theme will be great though.

"Life does not seem regular and established when there is no apple-tree in the yard and about the buildings, no orchards blooming in the May and laden in the September, no baskets heaped with the crisp smooth fruits; without all these I am still a foreigner, sojourning in a strange land." [L.H. Bailey, "The Apple-Tree", 1922]

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  07:48:34 AM  Show Profile
If you need a non-local participant, please let me know; I would like to join you. I agree that the larger ATC's swaps are overwhelming.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  5:07:49 PM  Show Profile
LOL sounds like a great idea Trish :) this will be fun!

Sissy

Edited by - sissysquilts on Sep 30 2011 5:09:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  6:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Trish, I am in if the dates work. What are you thinking for a timeframe?

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  11:42:06 AM  Show Profile
Let me know what dates work for you. It's such a small group, that we can do whatever works for everyone.
quote:
Originally posted by edlund33

Trish, I am in if the dates work. What are you thinking for a timeframe?

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  12:11:40 PM  Show Profile
Any deadline after mid November works for me. October is a busy month for me with work (leaf season!), Rotary and NW Toleliners activities plus the MJF swaps I've already signed up for.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  3:53:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm good to go for anytime in October :)

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  08:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Sissy and Marilyn, I emailed you both.
Carole, keep a lookout in swaps.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Trish and Sissy your ATC's are on their way in today's mail. I got off work early yesterday afternoon due to heavy rain so I was able to finish these sooner than I had expected to. Looking forward to receiving yours soon!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Mine are almost ready, will mail out Monday to you both :) Thanks Trish for hosting!

Sissy

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  12:46:15 PM  Show Profile
I will mail mine tomorrow or Monday.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  5:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Trish! I love, love, love the ATC! Purple is my favorite color and daisies are my favorite flowers! The little envelopes are sweet, too. Thanks again. I sent yours again so it should be there on Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  5:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Yea! I was so nervous.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  5:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Forgive my ignorance, but what is an ATC?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  6:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Betty, an ATC is an "Artist Trading Card". They are works of art done in any medium the artist chooses so long as it is the size of a playing card. Once we make them, we trade them!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  11:18:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info on the ATC. We quilters make postcards, but I don't think that is what you are talking about. I keep hearing about them, but don't think I have seen any photos. Would you please post some ATC's, I would love to see them.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  6:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Betty,
I posted one in the paper crafters thread, in the Stitching and Crafting area.
quote:
Originally posted by Betty J.

Thanks for the info on the ATC. We quilters make postcards, but I don't think that is what you are talking about. I keep hearing about them, but don't think I have seen any photos. Would you please post some ATC's, I would love to see them.

Betty in Pasco

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  05:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn,
Thank you. I love your ATC. You are not the first to tell me if the broom fits............lol
My son was thrilled to get spooky mail.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  09:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Trish and Marilyn I ran to the post this morning and guess what was waiting for me?! They are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!! Love them and have them on display on my new photo mobile I'm using for special ATCs. Trish how did you get my name in the bling on there??? It's really really pretty.
You are two very talented farmgirls, thank you so much! I'm afraid mine are going to pale in comparison but I hope you like them. :)
Thank you again so much!
Sissy

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  12:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Sissy,
I have a vintage storybook with excerpts in it, that I use to cut up. The hard stuff is called Glossy Accents. I have low craft esteem, so I try really hard. I made another bottle cap at the same time, for my sister that says, Tiny Sister, and the lady has crazy hair, just like her.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  12:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Why aren't you guys doing the Christmas Village? Marilyn, yours was tied for first for my favorite house. Shucks :(

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Sissy, Trish! You should NOT have low craft esteem. Your work is gorgeous! I don't celebrate Christmas which is why I didn't sign up for the Christmas village swap.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  3:01:37 PM  Show Profile
This was such a fun swap to do :) I really love the ATC cards I received from both of you.

— Audrey Hepburn
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  04:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 3 WA Farmgirl Small ATC Swap Closed Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page