Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Not Quite T-shirt Yarn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Not Quite T-shirt Yarn Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  07:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Just inherited several boxes of fabric from a friend whose aunt has passed away (and the aunt was a hoarder). One of the boxes was full of several pieces of knit fabric, like a jersey type. I'll be stitching these into "tubes", and cutting like t-shirt yarn.

If you'd like to learn how to do t-shirt yarn (or at least the way I do t-shirt yarn), there's a tutorial on my blog. Look for it under "repurposing".

I just wanted to share this idea with my farmgirl sisters because some of you may have this type of fabric in your stash, and aren't quite sure what to do with it, but don't want to part with it either because knit fabric ain't exactly cheap.

Hope this is helpful to you!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 kiddos, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Avoid soil depravation and get your dirt on! Start a garden in your own backyard...

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker) and Twitter (@sphomemaker)

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  10:31:03 AM  Show Profile
Someone gave me tons of that type of fabric years ago & I cut it into strips & braided a nice rug from it...softest rug on my feet I must say...& a great way to use the fabric that I would never make into clothes..Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  12:42:32 PM  Show Profile
She also gave me a HUGE box of cotton quilting type fabric that I will use to make Little Dresses for Haiti and also pillowcases for the APQ Million Pillowcase Challenge.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 kiddos, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Avoid soil depravation and get your dirt on! Start a garden in your own backyard...

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker) and Twitter (@sphomemaker)

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Not Quite T-shirt Yarn Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page