Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  07:00:35 AM  Show Profile
We are even cooler today, just the high 50's. It looks like it may rain. DH and helper were going to spray and fence today, but now don't know.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  08:23:42 AM  Show Profile
We are in the 80s this morning, but the high temp is supposed to be in the low 90s. It's not that bad because we have a slight wind. It's a beautiful day outside; a day for yard work, gardening, etc...
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  08:35:57 AM  Show Profile
It is raining now, and last night it snowed to the east of us on Bogus Basin. They are a little higher than we are. It is just cold and wet here.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  4:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Summer is not here yet, but it was surely hot today. I'd love to have some of your cooler weather Kennie Lyn; just not too cold. We had a beautiful day here in Louisiana. I played out in the yard most of the afternoon. I'm headed out now to mow the yard.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  6:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am just now able to put in my garden, and I see pictures of the gardens down south producing. All we have had is lettuce, and only because it came up volunteer. It is always interesting to see the hugh difference in climate in this country. It is warmer now than it has been all day, sunny and really pretty.

Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  8:45:52 PM  Show Profile
I know it is almost tomorrow but I was just going to chime in that here in NC it is HOT. It was above 90 here today. It gets like this and the only time you can work in your garden is about daylight and then about dark. Our warm weather came early this year and now our hot has also. I can take the heat as long as it will rain some. I hate to have to water my garden. Especially now that we live within city limits and have to pay for our water. I had spring water all while I grew up and for the first 12 or so years after we got married. I would love to have it back.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile
It is raining and in the 40's today. Looks like it will rain most of the day. We needed it, but we were putting up the avenue of flags at our cemetery this morning, now we are going to try for this afternoon. DH says I better cover the tomatoes tonight.

Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  2:51:11 PM  Show Profile
We have 64 right now and a storm is heading East our way from the Mississippi River.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  07:44:33 AM  Show Profile
The last week has been hot. Today the temp is supposed to get to 92. We have high humidity today.
Kennie Lyn: good luck with your garden. What kind of veggie's will you be growing? Our beans are producing already; yesterday I put two gallons size bags of beans in the freezer.
We have a few cucumbers almost ready to pick. The tomato's are slow at ripening this year. And- this afternoon, I'll pick a bunch of okra.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  10:56:10 PM  Show Profile
It was cloudy and cool in the morning here in Northwestern CA and then it cleared with fluffy white clouds against the blue and tonight it was misty and foggy. Normal for here.
Ooh I would love some fresh cooked fried okra, haven't had that in years.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  05:09:34 AM  Show Profile
We have tropical storm, Beryl, going on right now. So we have big winds and lots, lots of rain. We need the rain so I am sitting here enjoying it. My cat is snoozing on the chair and he has no desire to go out like he usually does. No rain for him. The power seems to be okay here so far. Last night we lost the electricity once or twice only for a few seconds. We need the rain so badly here that I see all the plants are smiling. :))

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  07:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Snow yesterday and cold rain today. That's why the old timers here in MT say to never put out tomatoes before memorial day. :)

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  08:44:34 AM  Show Profile
Nancy. hope all is good over there. Thank goodness Beryl stayed at a tropical storm. Enjoy the rain.
The weather is beautiful today; sunny, 90s, clear. The humidity is high.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile
it's a hot one today 91 in the shade
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  9:00:03 PM  Show Profile
SW Idaho was beautiful today. In the 60's. We hauled cows this morning, went to a bar b que, and I missed taking down the flags at the cemetery. They were done when we got there. Before we got home the bulls started fighting and tore out a hunk of fence. So DH had to cowboy and build fence this evening. I babysat.

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  9:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Marly, We have a great growing season here, just not as long as some. Everything grows here. Tomatoes do wonderful here. Some years are a little short for things like sweet potatoes or okra. This is one of the best fruit growing areas in the country.

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  9:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Its still hot and no rain,everything is drying up it looks like July or August.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  10:08:54 AM  Show Profile
I saw just the end of the national weather last night, looks like bad weather in some other places. We are in the low 70's today, with a clear blue sky, and a slight breeze. It is still green and pretty here, with another rain expected for the week end. And Marly, enjoy the first cucumber warm from your garden with just little sprinkling of salt. Makes my mouth water.

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  10:49:59 AM  Show Profile
It is rainy here today. Suppose to have scattered showers today and tonight and then cool down tomorrow into the 70's. It was mid 90's for the past few days so the rain is a welcome nicety.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile
All the three "H's"...Hot, Humid, and Hazy...yucky! It hit 90 here in New York. Way too soon for this kind of heat. Enjoy your day everyone.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  1:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
We got some much needed rain about o.5 inches, and it is cooling down.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Louisiana is super humid, temps in the low 90s, no wind, hot-hot-hot- but I love it. I wish I would have trimmed all the tree limbs when it was cooler, but... I sweating through it now.
We're supposed to get rain Thursday.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  09:00:41 AM  Show Profile
Another great day in Idaho, temp in the 70's, cloud free sky, with a light breeze.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  08:14:08 AM  Show Profile
We're waiting on the rain this afternoon. In the low 80s, very humid.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  5:12:02 PM  Show Profile
For the last two days we have had sunny days, It is really beautiful up here in Northwest CA, but too many grey days get me down, got to have some sun.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page