Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  08:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Here in SW Louisiana, the weather is soupy, again. The rain clouds are right above us; 70% rain for today. However, I'll try to get the front yard mowed and free of leaves before the rain.
Have a great day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  10:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Just as the college playoff game between LSU and Alabama began, the satellite went off. We were screaming. It was raining so loud. Even my cat was nervous and looking for something to get under. Alabama won the game 12 to 0. The weather is horrible; lightening, thunder, rain, and more rain. I'm waiting for the lights to go out as I type. I hope the weather is better tomorrow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile
This is strange weather for Minnesota! It was 51 today! We have no snow on the ground anymore; it all melted. It's been beautiful, sunny and for Minnesota...warm. Makes me wonder when we'll get our cold weather and snow. I'll take advantage of this gorgeous weather while it's here and spend time outside enjoying it!

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  7:48:45 PM  Show Profile
No snow, no wind, no rain..... weird winter. Rumor is that we are supposed to get a bunch of snow for the next couple of months. I say bring it on. We need the moisture and my children and I want to go sliding and make snowmen and snow angels and just generally have some fun in the snow!!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  8:54:37 PM  Show Profile
We're "supposed" to get snow tonight...but now it's crazy windy out...so I don't think we will. We so need some. Not as much as last year - anyone heard of the flood that affected Minot ND? And the Assiniboine & Red Rivers? Yeah...we don't need that much again lol, but some would be nice. You can still see bare dirt & stubble in the fields! In January! And the temps have been crazy at like +5C for a few days (averaging between +5 & -5 - in Celsius, when the average January temp should be around -20C). It's a super crazy winter anyhow!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  07:52:16 AM  Show Profile
It poured all night here with lightening and thunder. We now have streams and lakes all over the yard and barnyards. A big muddy slippery mess out there. But just when I thought I was going to have to feed all the critters in the rain, it stopped!!! AND the sun even came out for a little bit. I got to move the sheep next door to the bigger pasture. They are happy fluff balls now. There is some blue sky to the west out back. And I also had to shed my Carhart jacket and hat while outside. I was sweating. Down to the short sleeved shirt. And the heat is off in the house again! I have hardly used it so far this winter. But I think the cold is coming back this week. We'll have a night in the low 20's again. I don't like that. And of course more rain. I would love to have a little dry land to walk on again.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  07:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Louisiana got that rain late Monday. Today it is just sunny and absolutely beautiful. It is outside weather for me. Playtime outside! No kind of house work today. Enjoy your day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:41:43 AM  Show Profile
What a difference only a few hours makes. It's really getting cold and the wind is howling out there. And it's been raining like crazy. I had to rescue my sheep and put them back over where the stalls are, in the horrible wind and rain and VERY close lightening. Just a bit scary. But they are all safe and dry eating hay and resting. I have a sweater on and have turned up the heat. And am staying in the rest of the day. Except to maybe drive down to the mailbox pretty soon. It looks like tornado weather out there.

It's funny, but my old dog, Sophie, can't hear very good anymore, but she sure hears that thunder! So she's inside right now as well as Bubba and Stella. Bubba does not like the rain either. But Stella, the baby, could stay out in it and be just fine.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:59:35 AM  Show Profile
Kris: Be careful. Listen for those tornado warnings.
Be safe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  09:12:40 AM  Show Profile
Now they're calling for snow. Good grief! And in the low 20's at night for about 3 or 4 nights. Gotta run water and put heaters in the bathrooms. I don't want frozen pipes again.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  09:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Kris: We are really windy today! Tonight the temp is supposed to be 28 degrees!!!!! OMGoodness, I will be wearing my fleece!!!!!! My four outside cats are not liking the wind at all.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Finally getting some snow-very unusual winter so far. We always have snow. Yesterday it felt like spring-hit 50 degrees and sunny. Today blowing and cold with up to 8 inches of snow. I am glad for the snow, I have had some trees and bulbs getting a little confused.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  10:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Same as Diane. Just started snowing this morning. Great accumulation so far.

Last night we had a campfire in the yard. Looked at my apple trees and they look like they're about to bud!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My new blog - http://citychickadventures.blogspot.com/ Come visit me!

Farm Girl #790

http://pinterest.com/debbie_s/

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  11:49:24 AM  Show Profile
It's been in the 50s or near it all week - and alternating sun and then heavy rain showers. It feels like early spring - and crazily enough, my fennel has sprouted to about 6 inches tall, my trees are budding and some of my bulb plants are coming up! It's nuts! I've lived in Ohio all my life and have never seen a January like this.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

amarquardt
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Amy
Lindenhurst Illinois
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  12:11:39 PM  Show Profile
We finally have snow!!!

Amy
http://www.farnorthfarmgirls.blogspot.com
http://www.marquardthealthcoaching.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  4:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Yippee! We had snow today and it actually feels like winter. The wind is blowing hard and it's supposed to get down into the teens tonight. Yesterday it was in the fifties or maybe the sixties. People like to complain about the snow and cold, but without it, things wouldn't grow right in the spring and we'd be overrun with insect pests. So I'm glad for the snow.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  5:09:39 PM  Show Profile
The sun shined brightly over my homestead today, but it never got above freezing. It is supposed to be the same throughout the rest of the weekend and possible snow on Monday. However, I am heading south with the birds. It is just too cold here. I will be going to So. Cal. where it does at least warm up during the day.

Today is Friday, January 13. It is now 16 degrees. Looking forward to So. Cal.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Jan 13 2012 07:51:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  9:00:48 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy your stay in So. Cal. Here in SW Louisiana, the temperature is supposed to get down to 28. OMGoodness, that is cold for us.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  07:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Marly, we are just a few degrees colder than you. Water buckets frozen solid. Little snow flurries flying around. We had some sleet last evening. But that's about it. Nice frozen ground to walk on instead of slippery slimy mub. Much easier to walk on this way. It's COLD! And i could not get the fire to stay lit last night. I used almost a whole box of newspapers. It just would not stay lit. I am going to try again later. Stay warm!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  07:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Kris, it is 9:42 AM, and the temperature is 29 degrees. We don't have snow flurries. A few of plants are rather droopy looking. My outside cats are finally all huddled in the igloo. It is supposed to warm up in the high 50's. Stay warm.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  10:08:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fiddlehead Farm

Finally getting some snow-very unusual winter so far. We always have snow. Yesterday it felt like spring-hit 50 degrees and sunny. Today blowing and cold with up to 8 inches of snow. I am glad for the snow, I have had some trees and bulbs getting a little confused.

Well howdy, neighbor! (I'm in Madison.) Isn't this year just insane? I have coworkers who just moved here from San Francisco, and they are thrilled by this storm. Newbies. *grin*

I was glad to see the snow though; I was getting really worried that we were going to end up with a drought this summer!

Also, I like your E.B. White quote.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

oregonatural
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Susan
Sprague River OR
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  10:38:01 AM  Show Profile
Here in the High Desert country of Central Oregon, not far from Crater Lake, its another beautiful clear blue sky cold day. We need snow. I think ol' man winter is just late. He's been sleepin' in somewhere. WE need the moisture here so I'm betting he'll show up and catch up our snow-pack in one big, long storm. Crater Lake usually gets it's biggest snows in March.

Do you think our weather will be 'off' a month or two more often in the future? I think I do.
Cheers!
Susan

Please subscribe to my blog: http://oregonnatural.blogspot.com/
THANK YOU from the bottom of my mountain girl heart!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey there, Alyce! You are close! I really want to round up some more WI farmgirls and get together! I am starting to plan a camping trip for spring...keep your eye on the Outpost section. I would love to meet you, if you are game just send me an e-mail by clicking on my name. By the sounds of your post, you must crochet. I do too!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  08:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Diane, that sounds great! I just sent you an e-mail (thanks for the mini-tutorial).

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:49:38 AM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana has beautiful, sunny weather. The temperature is in the 60's. Just beautiful.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page