Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  11:11:29 AM  Show Profile
The ice cream social was a success, the temp was 100 in the sun, but under my mother's big maple it was much cooler. We even had a little breeze. No thunderstorms last night and none predicted. We did have a dust storm, but nothing like Pheonix. The dust came up over Nevada and filled the Boise Valley, but it has cleared out today.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  3:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Happy to hear the ice cream social was a success. No rain here today, so far. The weather was just beautiful. Temps in the low 90s, low humidity, for a change.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  1:34:25 PM  Show Profile
It is hotter than the dickens here in the Tri-Cities, WA. Supposed to reach 103°F here today and it is well on its way. Had to get out in the garden early this morning to beat the heat.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  3:14:32 PM  Show Profile
That is hot! It was in the low 90s here today. No rain yet, but it looks like we may get some soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  06:24:39 AM  Show Profile
Hot, hot, hot. With a threat of thundershowers everyday. Usually we get them in the afternoon through the night. Doesn't cool it down much just makes it more humid.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  07:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Yep! I'm about sick to death of the thunderstorm threat. This is NOT the New Jersey weather I remember. We'd be lucky to get this hot in the dead of summer let alone with Fall supposing to be right around the corner. I think this is the first year I am actually looking forward to cooler weather and wearing my hoodies. Bring on the leaves! Bring on the hot tea! Bring on the EVERYTHING cool EXCEPT SNOW!!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Here in Phoenix, AZ the newscaster said the temp will reach 113 today. My poor garden beds, they will be wilting by the end of the day. I watered them early this morning before I left for work at 6:00am. Hopefully I will not loose anything. This is supposed to be our monsoon season, ha.... not a cloud in the sky. All in the hands of the All Mighty.

Kim
Farmgirl #4256

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:53:05 AM  Show Profile
Another triple digit day here in Wichita! Been that way nearly all summer! Been very hot , humid and no rain!
Soooo looking forward to fall!

Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile
It is hot here again today, maybe not quite the 106 of yesterday, but over 100. What is worse is smoke, we now have fires all around, in Eastern Oregon, and here in Idaho just to our north and east. The smell of smoke has awakened me from a deep sleep for two nights in a row. The Oregon smoke is blowing in and settling in the SW Idaho valleys. We have had wind all summer, until now, so the smoke is just hanging around. From the reports from all of you, we are not alone in having hot, dry weather.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I heard about the fires on the news. How sad. Be safe. Keep us posted. We had rain again today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  11:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marly, this is our fire season. In the irrigated valleys it isn't a problem, but the rest of us are just paranoid about fire. But it will be over in a month of so. The big forest fires usually burn until it snows. The firefighters just try to keep them headed away from civilization. A neighbor who had been raised in tornado country said she would take tornados over fires any day, I think I would just as soon have the fires. I guess it is all in what you are used to.
It is hot again today, and still smokey.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kennie Lyn: I know what your friend means. Here in Louisiana, we have to be on guard from June 1, to the very end of November, for hurricanes. At least we have time to get out and go to higher grounds. There's always something threatening where ever one is. It is all still scary. I'll be praying for y'all.
Well, we got more rain today. As I type, I hear more thunder. The temperature has been in the high 70s and low 80s. The cooler weather is nice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  3:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I miss spoke....it was 116 in my neighborhood yesterday. I am afraid to check the temp today. Yesterday, I lost the last of my tomatoes and squash plants, just too darn hot. I even put up shade for them to no avail. Ladies, try to stay cool and safe.

Best always

Kim

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  3:21:16 PM  Show Profile
OMGoodness, 116 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We loss our tomatoes and cucumbers due to rain. Too much rain drowned them. Stay cool and safe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  10:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Well, it's official--July was the hottest month ever on record, surpassing July of 1936. And the drought has affected more of the country than ever before. Say what you will about climate change, but it's come to the United States.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile
humid, hot and rained all morning, my tomato garden isn't doing good at all :(

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:38:45 PM  Show Profile
No rain today. Joan, we loss all of our tomato plants because on constant rain. They all drowned. I hope you are able to save your tomato plants.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, it was suppose to rain, and I was praying it was going to. But it turned out to be a pretty nice day. So I had to rake, rake, rake, and rake some more! Still not done.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:21:03 PM  Show Profile
The rain stayed away from SW Louisiana, again. I mowed the back yard, picked up branches, etc... Beautiful day, and temps were in the high 70s. Nice!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  4:27:36 PM  Show Profile
It is hot here again, not quite 100, but close. Yesterday we had a thunder storm pass by in the morning, I only heard one clap of thunder, but a fire started about 3 miles north along the ridge from us. The local fire fighters, with help from a BLM cat put it out before dark. Our firefighters are stretched pretty thin. It has been a long summer. Marly, do you often have that much rain in summer?

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  08:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Not usually, Kennie Lyn. This has been a rainy summer for us. A couple of years ago, the grass in the yard was burnt because of no rain. With all this rain, the grass now is thick and green. This time of year, I like to keep the grass mowed because of Hurricane season. If we get a hurricane coming in with all the rain it brings, it'll be days before I get to mow.
Today, the temps are in the 80s. And- the sun is out. I'll be in the yard playing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  08:27:08 AM  Show Profile
Marly, We get very little rain in the summer months. And if we do it is with a thunder storm, usually not much rain. An inch of rain in a 24 hour period would wash us all away. Weather is so interesting. Our country is so big and with many different weather patterns. I always enjoy reading about everyones weather.
It is supposed to be in the mid 90's today, and dry, and it is smokey again, because we haven't had much wind.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, just today I heard the Weather Channel man discussing how much rain the Gulf Coast of Louisiana (my area) is getting, and the middle part of US is dry; just what we've be discussing. Today was absolutely beautiful. I mowed the front yard, and did hear thunder, but not for long. It was in the 90s, but not overly hot.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
We finally have started getting a little rain, but need much more, the temps have cooled although it is suppose to be back into the 90's Thursday,rain Friday then down into the 70's and possible down into the 40's at night time for the week-end.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  06:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Roxanna: I am praying y'all get rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page