Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  1:10:51 PM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana is under absolutely beautiful weather; temps in the high 80s, little humidity, sunny.
A perfect day for lots of yard work.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  4:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it nice to have nice weather. It is beautiful here today too, no smoke, blue sky, little bitty breeze, and 85 degrees. I even mowed part of the lawn today, I usually take couple of days to do the whole thing. I haven't mowed for maybe 3 weeks, it has just been too hot and smokey.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, are the fires out yet? Glad to hear there is no smoke. I loved the weather here today. I can't wait for the cool weather. I have had enough of summer.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  5:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Marly, no the fires are still going, but haven't heard about structures lost. The fires in the woods will burn until it snows, probably in Oct or Nov. The weather pattern must be changing, and the smoke blowing away. Nights have cooled down lots, so our big sage brush fire danger is probably over. Knock on wood.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  08:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Good news, Kennie Lyn. Is it getting cooler where you are? Enjoy your day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  6:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Rainy afternoon thunder storm. Cleared up right before dark. The frogs are singing.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  09:35:15 AM  Show Profile
It's 84 degrees this morning. Beautiful looking day. Rain is coming in on Saturday. So, I'll do lots of yard work today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  09:40:51 AM  Show Profile
It was a nice day yesterday, in the high 80's, supposed to be the same today. A friend and I took a small road trip yesterday, picked chokecherries, and visited an old schoolhouse. Today I am putting up peaches, making chokecherry/wild plum jelly, and keeping the sprinkler moved. Have a good day, everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  11:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Peaches!!!!! I love peaches. Kennie Lyn, Is your area going to be getting a cold front? Louisiana is expected to have one come in Sunday or Monday. Lows in the 60s and highs in the low 80s. That is a cold front for us. Have a great and happy day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  11:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Marly, The peaches were so good, and they look wonderful on the pantry shelf in their quart jars. Like gold in the bank.
Enjoy your cooler weather. Your cool, is just about our normal this time of year, might a little cooler at night. We are having another pretty day, and no smoke. I think the high is supposed to be 87. It is going to cool off with a very slight chance of rain for next Tuesday, we will see. The fires are slowing down. It looks like if structures aren't threatened, that firefighters are just letting them go, waiting for snow.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  12:34:16 PM  Show Profile
It's a hot day today down here. I cannot wait for the cooler weather to get here. I've got so much work outside, and the humidity is probably at 100%. I love being outside, but I'm sure I'm loosing five pounds a day. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  09:33:52 AM  Show Profile
We had a cool front come in this morning, 64 degrees. It didn't last long. But it sure felt nice. Highs is supposed to be in the low 80s. Beautiful weather.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  08:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Boy I was wrong, figuring our fire season was coming to an end. We didn't get the thunder storm here, but yesterday morning, just to the east and north of us they got hit hard. Lots of new big and little fires. Most with structures threatened. Idaho has only two north south hiways, US 93 and 95. Both have fires burning along them. We are all praying for snow, not just rain.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  09:16:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll be praying with all of you, Kennie Lyn. Keep us posted.
This morning it was 65 degrees. So cool and so nice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  10:16:31 AM  Show Profile
Wishing you well Kennie Lyn. It does sound frightening and unnerving at best. I've already been wishing for snow here but I will pray harder for you to get it there right now. Keep us posted as you can..so we may keep our little prayer chain working. Positive thoughts your way.

Malena

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful day here. In the low 80's all week with a chance of rain this weekend. I turned the AC off last week! Windows are open again, hopefully til winter.

On the way out to the garden to til and plant more kale. And pull up tomato stakes and cages and then plants. Need more room.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  11:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Kris, we had beautiful weather and cool this morning. Now it is in the high 80s. I pulled up my tomatoes over the weekend.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Oregongirl67
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Susie
Creswell Oregon
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  12:32:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by westfork woman

Boy I was wrong, figuring our fire season was coming to an end. We didn't get the thunder storm here, but yesterday morning, just to the east and north of us they got hit hard. Lots of new big and little fires. Most with structures threatened. Idaho has only two north south hiways, US 93 and 95. Both have fires burning along them. We are all praying for snow, not just rain.

Oregon forests were struck with the same storms with many new fire strikes as a result. 63 and rainy in the Willamette Valley, but the rain isn't making it to the Cascades so no relief for the men and women on the fire lines.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  06:38:47 AM  Show Profile
Another cool morning in Louisiana; 64 degrees. It won't last long. The high is supposed to be in the 80s. It is beautiful today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  3:11:00 PM  Show Profile
This afternoon, I was mowing the yard. Not a cloud in the sky. All of a sudden the heaviest rain drops came down. It was supposed to rain Thursday and Friday. At least I got the back yard mowed.
Temperature this morning were in the high 60s again. Felt so nice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile
It is another nice but smokey day in SW Idaho. The temp will be about 90, with a little bitty breeze. The Idaho fires are still burning, the one near North Fork, up near Montana is getting bigger. The people who were evacuated in the Hwy 93 area, have been allowed home, but need to move at a moments notice. The two fires to the north of us are putting lots of smoke in the valleys and in the Salmon River canyon. The Salmon, down river from Riggins is closed to boating and rafting. There were so many people on the river the helicoptors were having trouble dipping water to put on the fires. It is burning along Hwy 95, but I don't know if anyone has been evacuated.
Wish we had some of your rain Marly. There is no rain predicted for us in the forseable future.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  2:19:08 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying y'all get rain, rain, rain. The clouds are all bellowing up in the sky, I think we'll get more rain this afternoon. Stay safe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  2:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Praying for a gully washer in Idaho...hope everyone will heed the warnings and be cautious.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  08:14:11 AM  Show Profile
Praying with you, Malena. Be safe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  08:31:20 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful weather this morning, lows in the 60s. But, the highs will be in the 80s or low 90s. Rain tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page