Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  2:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Our weather is absolutely wonderful too--EXCEPT for the smoke from the fires around Wenatchee. The lawn has been mowed, so that is done for a awhile.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  4:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Betty: are the fires in WA under control? Stay safe. I'll be mowing up until late November. Thankfully, I love being out in the yard.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  7:08:00 PM  Show Profile
Marly, the fires aren't contained yet. There were two fires that merged in the Wenatchee area. There is another fire near Cle Elum and it just keeps going. If it weren't for the lightning, we wouldn't have fires here.

I mowed my lawn and fell today and now my knees are killing me. I don't know what happened. I was emptying the bag from the mower and just lost my balance. Smashed two pepper plants, scraped both elbows and my right knee. Thank goodness it wasn't the left one because that's my bad one. I'll take a pain pill and hit the sack shortly.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  8:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Betty: I'm so sorry the fires are not contained yet. I will be praying that they soon will be. Do take care.
Oh my gosh. I hope you didn't break any bones. I was cutting bushes that were overgrown on the side of my house. There were red wasp all over in the bushes. Well, the other day go to cut this big palmetto leaf and out flew about ten. Five of them landed on my forehead. It didn't hurt, but it sure did burn like crazy. I was running all over the yard hitting my forehead.
I smeared on yellow mustard and in a matter of five minutes everything felt better.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile
We have had a nice couple of days, very little smoke. It is supposed to warm up, so I imagine the smoke will be back. The rain on Sunday helped the fires north of Riggins, Idaho, but the others not so much. Pretty day today. Marly, I never thought about putting mustard on wasp or bee stings. The wasps are pretty bad this summer. There must be some weather folk lore about the amount of wasps and the size of their nests.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  2:36:43 PM  Show Profile
I agree, Kennie Lyn, the wasp are really bad down here. They are everywhere!!!!!!!!!!
We've had such a beautiful day today. A bit hot, high 90s, and the humidity is high. I'm used to that.
We are supposed to get rain Sunday.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  08:58:58 AM  Show Profile
The rain has arrived in SW Louisiana. It's keeping the temps in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  08:01:09 AM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana is getting a lot of rain. Rain is expected Sunday, also.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  08:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Well it's crisp this morning about +9 or so (celcius) not sure of the farenheight conversion though, but that's 9 degrees above freezing. :) It's supposed to warm up to day to the high teens so that'll be a warm fall day.

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2012 :  09:28:09 AM  Show Profile
Rained heavy all night, and more rain this morning. Temps in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  08:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Temps were in the high 50s this morning. Feels wonderful. Highs today in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  10:53:49 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like we all are getting cooler weather. We have had several nice days, temps in the 80's, lows about 50. And no smoke. I hope it itsn't settling in someone else's valley. The weather is supposed to get much cooler tomorrow. But still no rain, surely it will come soon. DH is off gathering cows this week, with the cooler weather, maybe they will come off the mountain easier than last year.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:09:26 AM  Show Profile
A beautiful day. The sun is out. High temps will be in the high 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Another pretty day here. The jet stream is moving, tho, and it is supposed to turn much cooler. We aren't to get any moisture, but maybe the eastern part of the state over near Salmon will get help with their big fire.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  10:27:56 AM  Show Profile
I just saw on the Weather Channel that we will be getting another cool front. Lows Sunday in the 50s. Can't wait.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  6:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Raining cats and dogs in northwest New Jersey!!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Another beautiful day. Lows this morning, in the 50s. Highs will be in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Wish we had some of your rain, Tes. Our weather has changed, the jet stream is pulling Arctic air right over us. The front came in as wind, and woke us up in the middle of the night. The sky is bright blue, not a cloud in sight, but the wind is blowing. It snowed in Northern Idaho. We have frost warning for the valleys tonight and in the morning, but no moisture for us.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, what are the temperatures where you are? Cold yet? We are expecting a cool front Sunday. I cannot wait.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  1:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Hot and HUMID all week long with intermittent showers. bleh. The fronts move down, stall in north Florida and suck the hot and humid air off of the Gulf and send it across the state. I am beginning to wonder if we will have July weather till Christmas? No significant changes for those of us who are SICK to death of summer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie#3109
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  3:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Our day started off beautiful. Then, out of nowhere, it started raining. Not a heavy rain. Temps in the high 70s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  10:47:47 AM  Show Profile
It is 64 right now, supposed to get into the high 60's today, and it did freeze in the valley last night. At 5:30 this morning it was 49 here on the mountain, but my neighbor in the valley told me she had 29 as the sun came up. It got her cucumbers, and touched the top of her grapes, but her tomatoes were covered and are fine. The sky is blue and it is a beautiful day.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  12:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Did you have fleece clothing on, Kennie Lyn? I would have!!!!!!!!!! 20 degrees is cold. I'm looking forward to the cool front coming in Sunday. Our lows will be in the 50s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  07:33:34 AM  Show Profile
A very foggy morning! Temps in the high 70s this morning, heating up to the middle 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  07:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Fall is definitely in the air here in the Tri-Cities, WA. It says 30 degrees on my outdoor thermometer now at 7:30 a.m. But the sun is shining and it is supposed to warm up to the mid-to-high 60's today. I'm gradually tearing down my garden and it is in the garbage. I tried composting, but the neighbors trees are so close to the fence that I can't dig into the pile because of all the roots. Their sumac trees are a real nuisance.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page