Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile
35 degrees, warm??????? I'd be in my fleece.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  08:14:43 AM  Show Profile
How is the weather? Stupid. It's January 23 and it's 50 degrees, sunny, slightly humid and tons of wet everywhere. This after falling 2 times on what can only be described as solid sheets of ice both Friday and Saturday.

Tonight, we anticipate wind sheers and tornadic episodes (yay) and a return to 30's and flurries by the end of the week. It's no wonder I feel so terrible today!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  09:24:23 AM  Show Profile
46 degrees and rainy. Can't believe this is JANUARY. Looks and feels more like March!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FebruaryViolet

How is the weather? Stupid.

lol! I agree.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

avlfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Cameron
Asheville NC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Too mild for my liking--I am a native of Asheville, NC and miss the regular snows we used to have. With global warming, we have just had chilly rain this year--blah!

It's what you do that makes your soul. ~Barbara Kingsolver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  9:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Here in SW Louisiana, it was 56 degrees, and raining all day. We are supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow evening with thunderstorms and lightening.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:09:00 PM  Show Profile
We are in for more rain tonight, tornado warnings, the wind is picking up. It is 76 degrees right now. My cats are in hiding, so I know the weather will get worse.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Getting ready for a day of rain tomorrow. Got the goats and sheep a bunch of hay and water in their barns. I am not looking forward to more wet stuff but can't do much about it. And we were 3 days without rain and beautiful weather too. But then no more rain til later next week. If I could only get my house warm. It was 67 today but my house is like a freezer. I have not had any heat on and refuse to turn the electric on so I made a little fire just to knock the chill off a little. It did help some.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Kris: I guess you'll get the weather we are getting now. OMGoodness. The worst of the weather is supposed to come in tonight. I don't like having bad weather when it is dark.
Keep warm, Kris.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  08:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Kris - I had to laugh when you said it was 67 out and you lit a fire - we keep our thermostat at 64 - 66 during the winter - I was just on the other side of the state though, in Seattle, and in just a day and a half there my internal thermostat adjusted to their 45 degree and humid climate. Got back home and was freezing!! Crazy what differences your body can adjust to!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace, I don't know why, but my house stays so cold. It's a limestone house with really thick walls. I have not been turning my electric heat on, trying to save money. So I wear lots of clothes, which I hate doing. Like today, it's beautiful outside but cold. So I did turn on the heat yesterday because it was supposed to freeze last night. And it did. And will again tonight. I did turn it down for the day. When I do have the heater on, I keep the thermostat set at 67. If it goes any higher, the auxilliary heat kicks on and there goes the money. I see dollar signs flying all over. But really, it's not been a bad winter at all so far. And with the daffodills blooming all over the place, I feel like spring is around the corner. But we'll probably have an ice storm in March.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I've got you all beat on this weather. It's a mighty -45 at my house here in the interior of Alaska. Last nights lows around the interior ranged from -63 to -40. It just depends on your elevation. According to the NWS, the last two months are going to be the 5th coldest months in recorded history here. They are telling us it will warm up by tomorrow to a balmy -20. LOL. The difference between the inside at 70 to outside at -45 is 115 degrees. Boggles the mind.

Farmgirl #2416

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  5:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Marjorie, I hope you've got plenty of quilts and afghans to snuggle under!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  06:21:58 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, gorgeous, warm, bright and sunny today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going outside to pick up branches and get the yard cleaned up. I got all the branches piled up out in the sheep and chicken yard last night. Don't know what's gotten into me lately. I can't stop cleaning. So today I will be outside. But gotta eat breakfast first! See y'all. I hope your day is like this where you are.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  3:04:08 PM  Show Profile
And I noticed today that some of my maple trees are budding. That cannot be good this early.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  8:18:45 PM  Show Profile
The weather here in Louisiana has been absolutely springish. Kris, my red maple tree is budding, also.
We have a 40% rain chance tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  10:24:12 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, coolish (60s), sunny, and lots of green grass growing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  1:23:23 PM  Show Profile
The weather here in Deming, Wa. is beautiful 58 out and the sky could not be clearer. I want to get out and plant but I know it is not the time. Winter will come.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  5:39:34 PM  Show Profile
hi all
the weather in NJ has super nice!!
clear sky and almost a full moon..

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Roe
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Rosemarie
Tavares Florida
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  5:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi from Roe lake county Florida!
Had a rainy afternoon but what a great moon and the clouds were amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  6:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Roe: I sent you an email a few minutes ago. We had a beautiful sunny, clear day, but tonight the moon is covered by fog. I love looking at the moon, especially the full moons.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  12:11:49 PM  Show Profile
It's been a mild winter in North Carolina, with temperatures in the mid to high 50s and even into the 60s. It just doesn't seem like winter. We've had lots and lots of rain, but its sunny today. I'm still waiting for the snow that my mother predicted. She cuts open a persimmon seed every fall to see what's inside. This fall there was the shape of a spoon or shovel. That means snow. Haven't seen any yet this winter, but the persimmon seed forecast was accurate for last winter (snow)and the year before for ice (the shape of a knife was inside the seed).

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  3:44:36 PM  Show Profile
The weather was absolutely picture perfect today here in SW Louisiana. I was outside all day. Tomorrow is predicted to be the same.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  5:06:10 PM  Show Profile
The weather was awesome today. Getting spring fever. And the sheep loved sun bathen today. Ok i did too (lol)
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Marly - so jealous - the weather plus being in Louisiana - maybe next year!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page