Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  1:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Cold in the Texas Hill Country. We had ice on the mailbox. I am ready for spring. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2015 :  06:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Northeast Texas: Light rain freezing on the trees - 32 degrees - at this time. Nothing like the major ice storm we had a year ago in Dec. I was without power for 5 days & nights - today I am toasty warm, and looking out my window, as far as I can see, are trees covered in ice - it is so beautiful.

My prayer today is "I shall not be afraid of falling branches heavy with ice because my God is with me and protects me.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  12:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Eastern Ontario Canada: The sun is shining nicely here today. It is -16 C which is about 3 F. We already had a fair amount of snow, but last night we got another dusting.

Joanna - Sister #5965

http://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  11:44:13 AM  Show Profile
There was a light dusting of snow in the Texas Hill Country early this morning! No accumulation, but for me, it was nice just seeing the snow fall.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  6:08:39 PM  Show Profile
We missed the wintery mix that was threatened for today ... that's a good thing coz no one can drive down here when it gets icy. Instead it had been raining and misting all day ... also not fun to drive in. My pastures are a slick mess so I put off tractor work til tomorrow. But I will have two days worth of work in the mud and mire all in one days time. I sure hope the rain quits tonight so I can at least stay dry from the knees up. And sunshine on Sunday, YIPEE !!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  5:04:16 PM  Show Profile
To all northeast FarmGirls may you & your families stay safe & warm during the coming blizzard. You all will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  7:31:56 PM  Show Profile
I feel so embarased,Minnesota is usually so cold in January and we have been in the 40s. Last night it snowed south but we got just a freeze which melted mid-morning. At the end of next week the temps could be -15. Go figure.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  03:35:54 AM  Show Profile
We're in Pittsburgh for a few days to take my mother-in-law for some minor out-patient surgery, and about 3-5 inches of snow fell overnight. They barely consider it a dusting and life is going on as usual. I love the reasonable attitude. We've been outside DC for the past 15 years, where they will cancel school if snow is forecasted - seriously - and when it actually snows even just a few inches, there are people who abandon their cars in the lane of travel. Being from Colorado, I couldn't believe what I was seeing the first few years we were in Virginia, and I'm a little embarrassed I've gotten into the "yikes snow" mindset. I asked my hubby if he thought the pre-op appointment would be cancelled this morning because of the snow, and he laughed and asked me to please not mention that in front of any locals!
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  06:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Cindy and Bonnie, that's funny about what you've dubbed the "yikes snow" mindset. I gotta tell ya', down here in the Houston area, if there's a slight hint of sleet, the whole area shuts down. I'm not embarrassed to say that I am a total cold wimp and am perfectly fine with not getting out in the cold. Even if it is just 40 degrees.

All you gals that have inches of snow and below freezing temps, I really don't know how y'all do it. I guess if I lived in it I would learn.

For us this whole week, we've got lows in the 40's at night and up to 70 in the afternoons. I start the morning in jeans with a jacket and by the afternoon I've changed clothes and am in shorts and a tank top.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  06:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Yep! Up here in Minneapolis, MN, we have an annual carnival called the Winter Carnival. We crown a king and a queen, make an ice castle, hunt for a medallion and have many outdoor activities. People come out to the parade apporpriately dressed and have a lot of fun. We embrace winter here and have a party during the (usually) coldest part of it. I have done a polar bear plunge into a cold lake in the winter. Nothing gets your blood moving like that does! Whew!!!!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  2:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Marie that is too cold.

OOOH OHHH!

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  05:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Rain is coming for the weekend. So, I'm gonna try to get yard work done today.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  09:10:48 AM  Show Profile
Now that I am finally home from Central CA and the warmer weather, it is a cool 38 degrees and overcast, 97% humidity. Will probably be that way for several days. However, I am so glad to be back home, back in my own bed, and around my own "stuff."

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  5:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Bonnie E., don't be embarrassed over our January thaw. All we have to do in the Midwest is blink and the weather changes. lol.
Marie, I've made the Polar Bear Plunge twice! What were we thinking?!. Today the sun is shining and its 18 degrees! A tropical heat wave in Iowa!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  5:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
Hello, I am Noreen from Vermont. It has been a long January........tonight the chill is supposed to be 25 below zero! I hope that everyone has heat tonight! Enjoy your weather! I am ready for 20 degrees!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  06:34:42 AM  Show Profile
We are in for a Chicago style blizzard later today. Right now we have a winter weather warning for the heavy snowfall that is coming down. We've gotten about 6"s of snow since last night and could get 6 more. It is quite beautiful out with the heavy snow clinging to the branches of the trees and covering everything outside in a thick, heavy blanket of snow. We are going out soon to sled in the back yard. Sure do hope the blizzard conditions don't show up later in the day for us. We want to get out there and play, play, play!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  06:38:01 AM  Show Profile
Stay warm, Dawn.

57 degrees and raining so it feels colder to me than it is.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile
40 degrees and raining. Rather miserable if you are outside. Like the rain though.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Chilly this morning in the Texas Hill Country. I am so ready for Spring; for summer!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  12:16:38 PM  Show Profile
The sun is out!!!!!!!! Temps in the low 50s. Spring can't get here fast enough!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  3:14:06 PM  Show Profile
We wound up with 19 inches of snow here by Monday morning! Turned out to be the 5th biggest snowstorm in the Chicago area. Going down to the teens with wind chills below zero for a few days. It is beautiful with the pristine white snow, but I do hope it quits now. I'm kind of tired of shoveling!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  5:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful sunny day in the Texas Hill Country. 72 degrees this afternoon. Good day to work outside.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile
It has been lovely the past few days. I can't say I really miss the warmth of Central CA. It was shirtsleeve weather here yesterday and looking good for the same today.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  09:25:01 AM  Show Profile
In a word.... CRAZY! Yesterday we were below freezing... today in the mid 60s. Tomorrow will be the mid 70s, then we drop again. I'm not sure if Winter is actually going to come, or Spring! But in the meantime, I'll enjoy the warmer day and hang my clothes to dry :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Today we are in the 70s. I'm outside trying to get as much sunshine as I can. Another cold front expected by Sunday night.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page