Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Supposed to be in the low 70'2 here!!!! That'll draw those little seeds right up out of the ground now. We had some rain and strong winds here last night nut all is ok. More storms Friday night. Why always at night? What's up with these night storms?

It's March already!! Almost spring!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kathleenshoop
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

kathleen
oakmont pa
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Mildest Winter ever, here in Pittsburgh, PA! I've missed my cold blizzards--still hoping to pull one out before April! Still, I appreciate the balmy temps--not too hot, not too cold--it will be 60 tomorrow! Can't complain about that!

Author, The Last Letter, The novel for every daughter who thinks she knows her mother's story...
AFTER the FOG...coming May, 2012
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  2:55:41 PM  Show Profile
It was more like 77.And I mowed the yard! I only have a small push mower and last year it took me all day to mow this whole place. Down the driveway, around the gardens, 2 yards. But now I HAVE SHEEP mowers!! They are so pretty out there in the yard. I will only have to mow the front yard here and down the driveway. I'm putting a fence around the gardens so the sheep can be in there. And I have a fence for the other yard so they can go in there. And there is a ram and a buck in the back yard. So I am set on mowers. I hope I don't sound too crazy but this is going to be great.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile
It was a nice day here, but we had a storm come through the other night...no damage here, but a tornado hit Branson and six people were killed in Saline County, Illinois, which is where my grandparents came from. Now they're saying more storms and more tornadoes. I sure hope not. It was so windy yesterday that it made driving difficult. I like the wildness and fury of a thunderstorm but I don't like it when they leave a trail of destruction. But I try not to complain about the weather, cause as one nun I know put it: "All weather comes from God".
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile
Watching it hail and pour bucket of rain. Sunday we are supposed to have snow. Gotta love Indiana in spring!

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  10:53:05 AM  Show Profile
Snow here in Iowa-has snowed all morning! Now I have to try to get home!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/VINTAGEKARLACREATES?ref=pr_shop_more

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  12:32:50 PM  Show Profile
It's snowing so badly here that my workplace might actually close down early. Yikes!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  1:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Serious tornadoes in KY and especially in In today. We are still under warnings in Louisville. The city of Henryville,In., looks like it has been nearly totally destroyed. This has been going on since around 2:00pm and it's now nearly 5. They say the way the tornadoes are acting is more like they are in the plains states and the weather guys have never seen anything like this in this area. I'm sure this will make the national news tonight. One bad batch of tornadoes went through around 2 and then another round hit the same area in Indiana again about an hour ago. Five dead so far.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Mar 02 2012 2:00:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  2:31:02 PM  Show Profile
It's happening again here like less than a year ago. They started about 11:00 am. Tornadoes all around. Houses destroyed and trees all over. Tractor trailors overturned. It hit Ooltewah, Tn. pretty bad. And it's not over yet. Another round is heading this way later. Just like last April. It went on all day.

And there were tornadoes a few days ago in middle Tn.

Ruth Ann said the town of Maryville, In. was flatened. That is so scary. I had not heard that with all the talk about things going on here. I hope everyone is ok there.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  2:53:57 PM  Show Profile
I've been watching the weather this afternoon. Tornado reports in Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ill. etc.... Prayers to you Kris, and Janice. Be careful, be safe.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  3:31:31 PM  Show Profile
Praying for all. So scary.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  4:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Just saw a interview that Sen. Dan coats gave earlier today on CNN confirmed : Today Marysville In. is no longer.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  9:17:38 PM  Show Profile
The weather channel is reporting lots of deaths up in the areas where the tornados hit. I will be praying for our farmgirls in those areas and for all of the people.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  04:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Henryville, In. is also gone this morning. The video is just horrifying to see. Our farm in Breck. County, KY is ok, even though there were early reports of a tornado going through there. My dh and his animal shelter workers have volunteered to go to Henryville to help with animal rescue.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  05:03:08 AM  Show Profile
How sad to see the the the pictures on the news, we are getting snow snow snow, I will take that right now! God bless your dh and the volunteers that have given up their time to go to these areas. Prayers to all that live in these areas.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  05:06:42 AM  Show Profile
Janice
So glad to hear that all is ok with you. Yes we watched Hernyville on the news last nite. Hubby is spooked about building on the property as he started reading about the tornados in southern ,In. I told him God has a plan.No worries when the time is right we'll break ground.
Rthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  07:40:21 AM  Show Profile
Janice, it was nice to see your post this morning. I'm still praying for all the states/people hit by those tornados.
Jill, I agree, God Bless the volunteers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  07:49:14 AM  Show Profile
In Northern Indiana today cold, damp, and snowing.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  07:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann: Nice to see your post this morning. Keep warm. I hope you were spared from the tornados.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  09:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Marly-Thank you for the kind words. Yes were spared from the tornados.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  10:20:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know Ruth Ann. Watching the Weather Channel was frightful. I'm still praying for those who were hit. How sad.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  08:40:01 AM  Show Profile
Terrible weather today. Cold and strong winds. I think it is the tail end of the storm system that left all the devastation up north.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana has beautiful, sunny weather today. It's a day for playing outdoors. Temps in the 60s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile
It's simultaneously thawing and snowing. I swear, I have never seen that happen before.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  6:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Finally, a day without wind! It's been COLD, COLD, COLD . . and WINDY!!!!
But I'm also grateful that we have not suffered the tornado weather!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page