Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  4:09:48 PM  Show Profile
I was raised in Phila, PA and lived there most of my life. Was there last week for my dads memorial and honestly, it was so cold!! No snow but cold. We live in Florida now and I am used to warm weather. The high in Philly was 20 degrees below the low in Florida! My DH and I agree that we are too old and whimpee for cold weather now. UGH! Glad to be home. My brother came from Maine and talked about how warm Philly was. I guess cold is a relative term but I was COLD!! Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Joey: I know exactly what you mean. I am a big wimp when it comes to cold weather. I was raised in Louisiana, hot and humid weather. I just don't know how to handle the cold weather.
When the temperature drops in the 40s here, I am wearing double layers of fleece. Go ahead and laugh, I laugh about it too.
Enjoy the warm weather in Florida.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic So glad to be warm. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page