Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Farmgirl of the Month Chatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic
Page: of 182

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  06:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Ah, thank you dear Lisa. Talk about surprises! I know I'll enjoy my reign as your Farmgirl of the Month for October, but ... am I even eligible?:)

It's my daughter's 41st b-day today and with this news on top of that, it's a VERY good day to reflect on my journey mothering our Sisterhood and all the many good things it has accomplished/given.

I have a couple more things to double check on the Dec/Jan issue of MaryJanesFarm mag before shipping it off to the printer today. Thank you for supporting my dream for 21 wonderful years! I think I'm going to find a sunny place to "do nothing" when the sun comes up in another hour or so and ponder the road ahead, savor the gift of Sisterhood, and take comfort in the safe and sane "each other" community we've created.

Thank you for how precious this day, this morning feels.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  07:10:08 AM  Show Profile
You are the Best!
Thank you for the many gifts you have given me over the years. The gift of all my Farmgirl Sisters, and teaching Forgiveness, Kindness and Love.
Again, MaryJane have a wonderful, fabulous month.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Oct 01 2020 07:11:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  1:05:06 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, enjoy your special month as our October FGOTM!!! And yes, a thousand thank-yous for all the wonderful magazines, books, comments and support you have given all of us through the years. Our MJF Community has been a great source of fun, support and new wonderful friends and I am thankful you created this forum way before my time. give my love to Megan on her birthday for she has been a huge supporter here too. NO doubt her Stella will make sure her Mom has a birthday cake that is special and delicious!

Sending you lots of Farmgirl Hugs from sunny Florida to help celebrate!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Mary Jane! You are a great FGOTM for October, 2020. I have enjoyed my years of membership and have met so many new farm girl friends because of MJF. Enjoy your month!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  3:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to our very own Queen Bee! Mary Jane you have given us so many gifts in this special community. Like minded women to encourage and be encouraged by, the opportunity to forge friendships that have lasted years, and to meet in person women we would otherwise not have met. Thank you for all you've done over the years to make this a special place. Enjoy your month! You are a very extraordinary farm girl indeed!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  5:00:33 PM  Show Profile
You all have described our Mary Jane and what she means to us so much better than I could! Mary Jane, I am so excited that you are our Farmgirl of the Month! I hope that this month is special and blessed in so many ways for you. Thank you for following your dream and starting this so many years ago. I cannot imagine my life now without my friendship with you and my farmgirl sister family. And...I'm guessing that you are MORE than eligible...haha!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  06:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Lisa- What an awesome choice! I'm relatively new to the sisterhood, but have had my life impacted in such a positive way through MJF Sisterhood, and MJB is the core reason for that. Thank you Mary Jane for all you have done to make such a tremendous impact on so many lives of the Sisterhood. Enjoy your month!!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  12:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Wahoo! Congratulations Auntie MJ! You are definitely by far the most deserving of them all! I hope you have the best month ever and enjoy everything that comes with it. We wouldn’t be here celebrating if it wasn’t for you. You have created an amazing place. A place I truly love to be and with some amazing and hardworking women! Many of these women have become good friends of mine and an inspiration for the things I do and want to learn. Thank you! Happy Farmgirl of the Month for October to you!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1601 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1601 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  4:04:14 PM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful month to our Queen Bee. Your fantastic giving us so much knowledge. Maryjane congratulations on being FGOTM for October.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  8:14:33 PM  Show Profile
Lisa,, what a Bootiful choice,, our Queen Bee as Octobers FGOTM...

Maryjane,, congrats and do enjoy your month with family and friends...
We farm girls raise our cup of Tea in your honor.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  1:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful month, Mary Jane!

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  6:28:13 PM  Show Profile

Your an inspiration to us all!
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  10:22:51 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations MaryJane-- All I can say is it's about time! Enjoy your special month.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  1:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Many, many thanks for your many well wishes:)

No sooner had my oldest grandgirl, Stella, asked, "Nanny, I'm decorating our house for fall, do you have some autumn decorations we can borrow?" you guessed it, a farmgirl package arrived with ... fall towels. Thank you Yellow Rose for the beautiful yellow sunflower on a lovely set of kitchen towels.

And lest I be without a yo-yo from our yo-yo queen, Katmom came through with both a big and small yo-yo (the big one is actually an awesome bowl cover made with some of my earlier chicken-themed fabric). She included one of her signature lavender sachets, yay! But then I found her cover up ... a face mask made from the same fabric.

You can't have too many masks I'm always saying. Throughout the day as I meet and greet my bevy of farmhands, I put a clean one on should I take it off so's not to handle it twice. In the Dec/Jan issue of MaryJanesFarm that we sent to the printer last week, we offer a 4-page face mask pattern, modeled by my adorable grandgirls and created by my endlessly talented DIL, Ashley. It comes with a size chart for nine different sizes. In coming up with a pattern, Ashley asked for our face measurements and discovered a wide range of variances.

Here's a sneak peak of the side bar text that goes with a photo of one of the many billboards around our town, sponsored by our city council and local hospital.

"My hometown’s mask mandate and plentiful billboards came as a welcome relief, supporting what I’d learned as a child about another virus spread through human secretions, polio. The approach back then was to ban public gatherings in areas of outbreak, but we now know masking up would have helped. Born in 1953, I got in on the sugar cube vaccine, but my older siblings endured the field trials that caused arm scarring, even worse, some of them received a placebo, a mother’s biggest worry, along with shortages of the vaccine, even needle shortages and for some children, a botched vaccine trial. But within a couple of years, the vaccine was deemed a success, and by 1962, cases of polio had dropped dramatically. However, two of the precious children on my block, comprised of about 10 families, were permanently stricken, one of them an only child. In addition to permanent paralysis, he’d also suffered lung damage. I remember seeing his parents pushing him up and down the street in a wheelchair, but eventually, their curtains were permanently drawn, and I don’t remember ever seeing him again. Polio preyed heavily on children then; in fact, some children who had mild symptoms have experienced “post-polio syndrome” later in life. Coronavirus is now preying on that same generation, mine. Wearing a mask is something I can do to protect myself, my family, my neighbors, and my community. It’s a simple way for me to show I care. COVID-19 has now become a leading cause of death worldwide. I’m proud and supportive of my mayor’s ask to mask."

Katmom also included an excellent laundry-care tip for how she washes her masks. Katmom, care to share it here?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and I should also add that our very own JeanP here on the chatroom was one of the first to start her cover up campaign by asking local businesses how many masks they needed. I raised my hand with a request for a dozen or so. As requests for her masks came pouring in, she started running out of elastic (her order for more wasn't going to arrive in time to keep up with demand), so in farmgirl lend-a-hand fashion, I rifled through our sewing room and delivered what I had on hand, which was quite a pile. It takes a village.

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2020 :  2:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Yup. It does take a village. And, I definitely couldn't have kept going without No. 1 Farmgirl, Mary Jane. Her elastic contribution kept the mask project going for a month until my new supply of elastic arrived. She sent fabric too . . . what a gal pal. Love ya dear lady.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2020 :  6:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Maryjane,, you are 'sew' very welcome for the goodies..
Hope you are having fun this month... autumn colors and scents abound...

I van hardly wait for your issue to come out with the patterns for various size masks.. I see Christmas themed ones in mine and my families future!

Thanx for asking about my quick way to wash/sanitize the masks.
I don't use bleach because it destroys the elastic uber fast.
I boil a pot of water and add a couple of drops of laundry soap and a drop or 2 of Lysol concentrate or add a teaspoon of Borax to sanitize.
Put the masks in the pot, swish a couple of times and let sit for 10+ minutes... and then rinse in fresh very hot water.
Then hang dry.
That way I have fresh hanging masks at my reach..

I luv seeing how Moscow is supporting the community to Mask up and stay safe.
The sooner we get over this COVID, the sooner we can get back to normal... In the mean time,, I sure have been saving a lot of $$ on lipstick!!! I found out the embarrassing way, not to wear lipstick while wearing a mask!!! lol!

Lets have fun,, be stylish,, I have masks to match my outfits and my moods!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 12 2020 6:43:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile
It isn't just the gift of being chosen as your Farmgirl of the Month for October, it's the intent and the heart behind it, the sisterhood and friendship, and of course, I loved the actual gifts, but the best part, choosing the next FOTM for November, 2020.

But wait, first I'd like to thank Heather for all things cow. T'was was a bit of serendipity because for about 4 days, I had only one writing pen on my desk. I kept telling myself, "take a moment and put PENS on your to-do list or you'll find yourself in even more of a hurry and the only pen in sight will be two floors down, out the back door, and into the day basement to ask our pen giver/keeper, son Brian, if he has a few spares." Did I do it? No, because I was about to get a handful of even better pens plus a cute mug for keeping them handy. Life is good that way.

Heather, I'm going to share the rest of your goodies with my milk customers. Thank you.

Winnie (said with a plug of chocolate melting on my tongue), many thanks for my FOTM handmade remembrance, tea, fun, YOU, raisins and ... drum roll, chocolate.

Debbie, how did you know I'd love Pioneer Woman's happy red kitchen towels. They are right up my alley. I'm gonna say red has been my favorite color since I was about six years old and snuck some of my aunt's lipstick on. I've never forgotten how that moment felt when I looked in the mirror.

Sweet Hannah, thank you for the pin cushion. You knew I'd love it and I do. Loaded and ready to go to work.

And Lisa, you picked the perfect gift, a hummingbird made out of spoons for my office deck. Here's the deal. I am currently smitten and obsessed with pollinators, among them of course, hummingbirds. I was on the prowl all summer finding and identifying things like Great Golden Digger Wasps, a solitary and non-aggressive excellent pollinator (unlike wasps who dine on things like soda pop and hamburger, it only likes flowers). And I think I've watched every PBS hummingbird special.

Who is your November 2020 Farmgirl of the Month?

I've chosen JeanP, a newcomer to the chatroom. She's a local-to-me treasure, a source of joy and positivity, plus she has a great front porch, a gal pal extraordinaire.

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  11:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Omgosh, that's a wonderful pick MaryJane! Shes so full of humor, encouragement and a wealth of helpful info! Just a wonderful choice!

Huge congratulations Jean!! Have a terrific farmsister of the month month!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  11:52:17 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, so happy that you enjoyed all of your fun surprises this month as our FGOTM!!

A BIG congratulations Jean on being our next FGOTM this November!! I hope you enjoy your special month and all the fun that comes with it!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  12:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, JeanP!!! I hope that you have a wonderful month of November!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  1:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh JeanP I am so happy for you. Great choice MaryJane, she will be so surprised and happy.
Congratulations JeanP enjoy your month and the honor, it is so special.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  1:11:10 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane so happy you enjoyed your special month.

Congratulations Jean P on being chosen our FGOTM for Nov. Enjoy!

Sara - FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  1:45:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I am dazed and amazed that Mary Jane would choose me to be the November Farmgirl of the Month. What a surprise and honor. I don’t know how to respond. I think I’m going to cry all over my keyboard. I am sooooo new to the Connection and so many of you are far more worthy . . . gonna be tough shoes to fill here.
This is the month of Thanksgiving and gratitude . . . and I am so grateful that Mary Jane came into my life and has introduced me to all you wonderful Farmgirls. Indeed I have much to be thankful for. Thank you so much for your warm welcomes, wisdom, and friendship.
Maybe I’ll do a little daily FGOTM journal to talk to y’all so we can get better acquainted. What do you think?
Love and virtual hugs to all . . . jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  3:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, JeanP. Enjoy your month of November as FGOTM.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 182 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page