Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2021 :  3:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Well, another wonderful surprise was sitting on my porch this afternoon as the USPS truck left!! Connie, sent this darling metal pumpkin basket filled with delicious , soft ,and beautifully iced sugar cookies!! The cookies are an incredible mix of cake and cookie texture with pretty fall decorations on top. I have never had such delicious cookies!! A huge THANK-YOU Connie for this wonderful surprise today!!! Warren and I are going to enjoy each cookie in the weeks ahead. They are all individually wrapped so we can take our time to enjoy them too.

I am getting so spoiled here as being your FGOTM!! I am enjoying each and every card, email, MJF post and surprise! All of you are just the sweetest and most generous Farmgirls on this Earth!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4894 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4894 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2021 :  8:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, It was mine and Lily Junes Joy to celebrate your FGOTM for October!

You are such an Inspiration and a Blessing to all of Mary Janes Farm!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
FGOTM August 2014, September 2018, May 2020
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2021 :  8:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Those cookies look delicious.
Have a good night Winnie.

Blessings
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2021 :  12:37:38 PM  Show Profile

Winnie your package is beautiful!!! It was so sweet of Connie to send that to you!!!

Hugs!

Judy

God Has Been So Good To Me!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013 and
September 2021
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, late Friday evening a box was delivered to me from our Queen Bee in Idaho. Inside were carefully packed apples from what I think is our Mascot Apple tree for our Annual Farmgirl Apple Festival in September; The Duchess of Oldenburg. I was very excited to have them and believe me they are delicious! A little tart but not too much, very juicy and a perfect eating apple!! Delicious! The even have the original leaves on them from the tree!! I love that!

The box also contained a little bottle of pure Maple Syrup and a bar of handmade soap that smells wonderful!

Thank-you MayJane for such a wonderful surprise! I am enjoying your apples every day. They are so pretty to look at too! Farmgilrs, our Mascot Apple Tree @MJF is a real trooper making delicious apples for 100+ years!! Now that is Farmgirl Grit if ever there was any!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  10:29:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh those look so yummy.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  2:45:47 PM  Show Profile

What a lovely and thoughtful gift from Mary Jane!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
September 2021
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  3:10:11 PM  Show Profile
BEAUTIFUL apples!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  11:11:40 PM  Show Profile
That is a nice gift! They look delicious!

Pretty to draw too!
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2021 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile

Winnie so glad you got your package. Did you find the little recipe cards inside your calendar. I'm glad you liked your little package also!!!

Hugs!

Judy

Farm Girl #5440
September 2021
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2021 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday, another little package, all cleverly wrapped up, was in my mailbox. Thank-you April for this pretty little Fall wall plaque! I am going to find just the spot to hang it too. I also appreciated you sweet note with it as well!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2021 :  4:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Today, I found a box again on my front porch. It was from Debbie, aka Blessed in Colorado. WOW, did she ever find me the cutest apple things ever!! Look at what I discovered...

There are all these wonderful wooden apples and Debbie's hubby even carved out FGOTM and the date on the center one. How clever was that??!! As you can see, there are large apples, partially eaten apples, and then these teeny little apples that were in the beautiful wooden bowl. Debbie, I also love the vintage apple plate. I have seen that pattern before in vintage shops and now delighted to have one for myself!! What a wonderful fun surprise you put together for me and I am going to enjoy decorating with my new apples. Thank-you so much!! And to answer your question, is there such a thing as too many apples? Well....the answer I have is NO!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2021 :  4:44:45 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful month you're having Winnie! Wouldn't it be amazing if you could get an apple tree to grow from the mascot apple seeds!!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2021 :  2:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Heather, did you know that you cannot grow an apple tree from the seeds and get the same apple that the seeds came from? I didn't either!! In order for me to get a Mascot apple tree, I would have to graft a scion from the tree to another apple tree that is already established. If the scion took, the entire branch would be just the Mascot apples while the rest of the tree would be what it was to begin with. Weird huh?!! So apple varieties are cultivated by specific tree grafting process. When I first learned that this, I was amazed that you can't take a seed from the fruit, plant it and get the same kind of apple. But that is how it all works. Sadly, I live in a semi-tropical growing zone and apple trees cannot take the heat, humidity, and lack of a cold weather Winter. For the same reason, we cannot grow daffodils, tulips by just planting the bulbs in the ground in the Fall. We have to take bulbs, keep them in a brown bag in the refrigerator, and then plant them in late January to grow and flower. We are just too warm of a climate for those wonderful flowers and Apples that need a nice Winter's rest and a cold period. I am definitely living in the wrong part of the US!! LOL!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2021 :  2:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,
I guess Debbie knows you well! What a nice package.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2021 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Winnie thank you for the info on grafting apples, I had no idea!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2021 :  3:01:40 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I just got your package in the mail today…yikes, I am running behind this month! You can just celebrate a little longer that way :)

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2021 :  07:02:35 AM  Show Profile
Winnie - I thought you had to freeze the seeds before they would germinate and that it was a tough process to successfully get an apple tree to grow from seed. I didn't know that it wouldn't be the same variety as the apple!!! That is weird. I just thought it was easier to graft the apples than to grow them from seed - not a necessity. I don't know how you put up with that hot humid weather where you can't seem to grow any of the good stuff LOL!!! But, I guess someone has to grow the oranges for us northern folks LOL! Oh, and peanuts and cotton - we don't have those around here either.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2021 :  3:01:06 PM  Show Profile
So happy you got your package and there are plenty of apples with room got more.
Enjoy and have fun.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2021 :  4:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Heather, well , you are correct that apple trees do need cold weather and some varieties do really well in deep freezes. Our Apple Festival Mascot, the Duchess of Oldenburg apple, comes from Russia where winters are long and temps can easily be 30-40 degrees below zero frequently. That is why these hardy apple trees grow well here in the US in the northern top states and cold places like where MaryJane lives , and Canada. Yeh, all that grafting was not well understood until the 1700s and many of the early Colonial settlers in the 1600s , who brought apple trees and seeds from England ,found out that American winters were much colder and those apple trees died. Honestly Heather, sometimes I wonder why I put up with this long hot and humid summer! I think a certain Farmboy captured my heart and won't let go!! LOL!!! Now, we are good at growing oranges, peanuts, and cotton so you keep sending apples our way and we will send up those things we grow so well to you!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2021 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile
This afternoon, the USPS left me another package on my front porch and it was Farmgirl mail from Denise. I tore it open to find the cutest candle tart warmer, Pumpkin Spice Cocoa, a beautiful fall colored dishcloth, and a bag of Braces Autumn Mix with all my favorites!! Denise, Thank-you so much for such wonderful surprises!! I am so spoiled these days!! Also, your sweet note was so kind and I am honored to be a part of this MJF Community and get to know wonderful new friends who now have become old friends! It is a blessing I never expected..

I have never seen a pumpkin tart warmer and this one is so cute! Many years ago I had a tart warmer that was electric and used it so much it wore out. I plan to start using this one right away and who knows if it even gets put away after fall is over!! I have several pumpkins that live in the cabin year round along with an abundance of apples. I never tire of looking at them either!! Fall is my time of year!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2021 :  08:27:29 AM  Show Profile
Today is the last day of October and Halloween. It feels like a perfect day to name our November FGOTM too. This is such a hard decision because everyone in our community is special and we have all made some wonderful new friends who have become wonderful old friends now. In considering how to select the next FGOTM, I decided to honor one of our newer members who is posting about the many badges they are working on. I have been following these new members and enjoying all of the new things they are learning as they work their way through badges of interest. I do think one of the biggest draws to newcomers is the prospect of doing badges . As an older member, I have done a few, but when I read these new members posts of the many new things and experiences they are having doing badges, I am reminded that MJF Magazine is all about living more sustainably, creative, helpful, kind, and healthier. Each issue is packed with new ideas, suggestions, books , written contributions from other women and so much more. The badges are a way for all of us to explore and grow and benefit from learning and trying new things.

I went back through the posts of those working on badges, put their names in a pumpkin basket and drew out one to nominate as our new FGOTM. Allison Clark was drawn and I want to congratulation Allison for all of the study, hard work, and sharing that she does on our Forum about her badge work!! Allison, you are working hard and this month is going to be your special month!! You and all the others working on badges are inspiring me, teaching me new and clever ideas, and being an example of one way you have found a bond to this network of women.

Please welcome Allison as our newest FGOTM! I hope you will have a special month and another opportunity to get to know more of us better. As MaryJane would say, "Farmgirl is a matter of Heart" and learning and growing are part of how this entire community thrives.

One way I am going to celebrate Allison's month is to select a badge and start working on it. I hope others of you will join me in making Allison's special month all about sharpening up our own Farmgirl Heart. I know there is one badge about homemade gifts and maybe this is the year, I dig into those possibilities and start this badge for the upcoming Holiday season!!

Allison, I am emailing you to let you know about FGOTM so look for my message and email me if you didn't get it.

Lastly, I want to thank all of your wishes, surprises and sweet and kind comments to me this month. It has warmed my heart as I love all of you and enjoy this community so much. It has been an honor and everyone has made this month special in every way. A big Thank-you and lots of Farmgirl Hugs to you all!! Here is an old card photo that Connie share with me. Seems like a perfect way to wrap up this month with a grinning pumpkin!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2021 :  09:15:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Winnie, you are so amazing!

Allison, heartfelt congratulations to you! Enjoy being our farmgirl of the month! Happy November!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6794 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6794 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2021 :  09:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I've happy you had a great month.

Allison, congratulations on being chosen our Nov, 2021 FGOTM. Enjoy your month.

Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2021 :  10:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Allison, have a wonderful month!
Winnie, great way to pick our FGOTM!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 183 Across the Fence:  Farmgirl of the Month Chatter Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page