Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 60's TV shows Next Topic
Page: of 2

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  5:00:49 PM  Show Profile
For those of you who remember--what was your favorite 60's TV show? Mine was "Daktari". With Judy the chimp and Clarence the cross-eyed lion...the star, Marshall Thompson, was also an animal lover and starred in some animal movies--I only saw one "Gallant Bess" a horse movie. I wanted to move to Africa and be a veterinarian. Oh, and my favorite movie was "Born Free". Anyone see a theme here? I also liked "Flipper" and "The Green Hornet". We had a puny selection compared to all the channels out there today, but I enjoyed TV more then. I don't watch much now.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  5:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Cindy I remember all of those old shows. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, I also liked Daktari. Thats why I watch TVLand now, its shows all old tv shows.--Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  9:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: I remember "Born Free", loved it. And Marlee, I'd watch Gunsmoke and Bonanza with my Dad. I don't remember Daktari,.
Nice memories here.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  09:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Does it count that, when I was a kid in the late 70s/early 80s, mom would only let me *watch* reruns?

The Monkees, hands down.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile
The Monkees,the original Star Trek,variety shows like Laugh in,Carol Burnett,Sonny & Cher,and I used to watch Hee Haw as a little girl. Liked hearing Roy Clark on banjo tho even at that time I saw some of the show as bein kinda corny. But the music was good! Wish we had that sort of talent and "innocence" on TV today.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

http://www.fiddlebelle.com
http://www.banjobelle.biz
http://www.celticcowgirl.me

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,Itish Tenor Banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  1:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, I'm of the same era & remember watching those in reruns, too. I say if you watched it, it counts (lol)! How about The Munsters or The Adams Family?

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile
I loved the Munsters! With the poor unfortunate girl cousin who was beautiful!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  05:34:48 AM  Show Profile
Here Come The Brides, I was always convinced that someday I would marry Jason Bolt (yum). David Soul(Joshua) wasn't bad either.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  09:57:41 AM  Show Profile
Route 66!
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  1:52:54 PM  Show Profile
When I was little (early 70's), if we stayed at gma's and gpa's, we watched Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show. I liked Hee Haa, but didn't care much for Welk. I loved Little House on the Prairie, Adam 12, and later Chips and the Muppet Show. I still love to watch Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy.

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  5:22:51 PM  Show Profile
I loved Here Come the Brides ! and how about Green Acres or Petticoat Junction ? I like watching old shows way more than the shows now
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  8:33:22 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm Dr. Who on the BBC??? :D Growing up I LOVED Beverly Hillbillies reruns and the I love Lucy shows that ran into the early 60s, and the Dick Van Dyke show.

And Now? I love Mad Men! Go figure?

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17044 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17044 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  9:51:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh good gosh,,, there are sooo many that I loved to watch,,, my problem was I lived in Germany most of that decade so when we came back State side, shows like The Munsters, Gilligans Island, Beverly Hillbillys etc were all re-runs...but how ever when I would get home from school in '69 the first thing I did was toss my stuff on my bed, turn on my little portable T.V. and watch "Dark Shadows"...
Fast forward 40 years later,, I purchased a VHS tape of a couple of D.S. episodes,,, holy cowzers,,,,how corny it was! and to think I could bare to miss an episode! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  1:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Let's see - "Fury", "My Friend Flicka", "Sky King", "Annie Oakley". Loved Carol Burnett! We also watched Red Skelton and Lawrence Welk along with Gunsmoke.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I watch all them shows also. Gentle Ben, Rawhide, WagonTrain, The High Chaparelle, F-Troop...
Grace I liked Dark Shadows too, but as you years later I saw a episode on some channel and I couldn't believe how silly it really was and to think
I had to hug a pillow to watch it all those years ago. My sister and I have a good laugh over things like that now.
I have a funny story tell,my sister and I were teenagers we wanted to go to the drive in just us two. Momma said ok. We went and guess what they showed The Excorist. The longer the movie went the cloer we got, we were practically hugging each other. That was the mosted scariest movie we ever saw. Drove home swearing something followed us.When to the outhouse together, needless to say we slept in te same twin bed with the light on
but we put a blanket over the lamp so momma and daddy wouldnt know we left the light on. Long time before we ever watched a scary movie again.
LOL now it doesnt bother me a bit but then. Whoo scary.-Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  4:04:17 PM  Show Profile
My favs were Andy Griffith and Dick Van Dyke. I thought Andy Griffith looked like my Dad and I had relatives in North Carolina so that was close enough to Mayberry for me! Ohhh, High Chaparelle, I had a crush on Buck the ranch hand!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, I have a very similar story. My parents took my sister and I to a multi screen drive in to see a Burt Reynolds movie (I think it was "Hooper"). Anyway, the screen behind us was showing "Friday The 13th". My sis and I would sneek peeks when mom and dad weren't looking,get the you know what scared out of us, then scream and hide under the sleeping bag. I can still hear my dad yelling "Sit still and be quiet or we're going home!" LOL!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  9:28:21 PM  Show Profile
Whatever happened to drive-ins??? We had a station wagon so if the movie was boring, we could sleep. I remember one movie called "Brother of the Wind" sort of like Grizzly Adams with wolves. And I remember a (then) scary movie about this ship at sea and there were these things that were taking over. I think it was "Day of the Triffids" or something like that. And I don't know how many Bigfoot movies we saw...those were fun times.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  06:05:51 AM  Show Profile
For me, I watched all the syndicated 60's shows on tv after school in the 70's and 80's. I love, love, loved the Monkees and saw them in concert three times, the last time being in the late 90's. Had all their records, and listened to them constantly as a kid (my generation were fans of their 20 year "comeback"). Their songs and show made me happy. I was so sad and shocked that Davy Jones died. I thought he was adorable, even at 66 years of age. I kinda felt like I lost a bit of MY youth when I heard about his passing.

Other shows I loved were Gidget with Sally Field, and of course, the Brady Bunch! I wanted to grow up and have a kitchen like Mrs. Brady's, LOL! Also loved the Munsters (thought Yvonne de Carlo was beautiful) and the Addams Family, and often feel like Cousin It when I have a bad hair day ;). Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanne were fun, too. Oh, and remember the one with Bill Bixby, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, that was cute. And of course, Flipper. As for cartoons, still to this day, nothing beats the original Scooby Doo.

Sounds like I watched a lot of tv as a kid, but really, I didn't. Funny.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  6:50:14 PM  Show Profile
There were so many good shows. I remember watching Sea Hunt on Saturday mornings. We also watched Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Twelve O'clock High. I had an older brother, by the sound of these shows I guess he dominated choosing tv shows.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  7:00:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy, High Chaparal, Green Acres, The Monkees (I actually believed they were a real band and didn't find out they weren't till about 12 years ago!), Daktari, Sky King, Sea Hunt, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Munsters...I could go on.

I watch a lot of TV Land shows now. My current fave is Hot in Cleveland, second place is Happily Divorced.

Brought back some nice memories!! Thanks!!

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/irishwin

http://www.etsy.com/shop/wingriffin

http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com
http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  10:00:25 AM  Show Profile
I barely remember the early 70's shows...bonanza, big valley, little house, waltons, etc.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh let's see...The Monkees, Star Trek, Wild Wild West, Rat Patrol...so many favorites! When I lived in Brazil, they used to show Star Trek...you haven't lived until you've seen William Shatner speaking dubbed Portuguese!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  07:55:35 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by momshopsalotta

Here Come The Brides, I was always convinced that someday I would marry Jason Bolt (yum). David Soul(Joshua) wasn't bad either.

Connie, for me it was Jeremy: Bobby Sherman :)

I loved that show along with Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, The Monkeys, Brady Bunch. I remember our Friday night line up was: Nanny and the Professor, The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family:)

Nicole, I remember The Courtship of Eddie's Father too!

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  08:03:56 AM  Show Profile
I grew up watching these shows in rerun!

Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Tyler Moore
Gidget!!!!
The Mickey Mouse Club
Gilligan's Island
Make Room for Daddy
Daktari
I Love Lucy
The Carol Burnett Show
The Smothers Brothers
Laugh In
My Three Sons
Car 54
Dragnet
Marcus Welby
Roy Rogers
Yes! The Courtship of Eddie's Father
Green Acres
I dream of Jeannie

Whew! I sure watched a lot of tv in the summertime and on Saturday's, but that's what summer was about for me when I got up early with my dad to go the racetrack, exercised horses or mucked stalls and then came home and it was STILL early by most people's standards!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Mar 28 2012 08:06:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

lisalisa
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Lisa
Broomall PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  09:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh - Nanny and the Professor!! I haven't heard that in years!!!
And Gentle Ben? Courtship of Eddie's father! Ahhh, a walk down memory lane.
We weren't allowed to watch much tv, so I only know some of them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic 60's TV shows Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page