Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Violet Bloomed and Richard retiring
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet Bloomed and Richard retiring Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Yippes!! Not the Violet, Richard. Well I guess yippes the violet, its been five years since it bloomed. Anyway I posted about it. I'm used to having the house to myself, now with Richard home I hope this isn't going to require medication.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  10:02:30 AM  Show Profile
It was worth waiting for the violet...it's gorgeous! As for your major life change, Richard's retirement, it will be a big adjustment but can be a lot of fun. Keith retired last year and when we moved to Kentucky last Fall, we found ourselves together 24/7. It points our a couple's strenths and weaknesses. Valium in small doses or a good Merlot might be in order. Actually, we've had no major problems and fortunately, lots of fun together. I'm sure you will, too.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
My hubby has not yet retired, and that is okay with me! Even on a Saturday or a Sunday, if he is not constantly busy, he does not know what to do. I like the house to myself when I get it on a day or two during the week. A couple of days, I still work part time and the other days the grands are at the house......but I am not complaining!!!! I just have always liked a quiet house, since I was a teen, and my parents would take the rare errand together without me.

Why am I rambling on about this? Anyway, I hope the retirement turns out great for you both. Maybe some trips to fun places lie ahead! Glamping! :)

And the violet is beautiful.....it must have read your mind and decided to get down to business.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 20 2012 12:00:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  4:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sending Richard to his room! HAHA! I'll have to remember that when my dh retires! :) Does Richard have any hobbies? David is planning a model train layout. We've got a special room in our new farmhouse addition just for trains. I guess it's sort of like your idea of 'sending him to his room'. He'll probably spend most of his time there. Congrats to Richard. Retirement is fun! I don't miss the working world at all.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  07:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Janice, how is that farm house coming along? Do you live there yet?

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  4:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
The drywall will be finished next Wednesday, Nancy Jo. Then I'll paint, and the flooring guys will lay floor throughout and then we move in!!!! :) Looks like November will be the month! Finally and at last!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  09:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Janice, then I must have pitures once you are moved in. Pretty exciting, you have waited a long time.
Nancy Jo

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet Bloomed and Richard retiring Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page