westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile
Ok, Farmgirls, before I send a treasure trove of old photos off to the historical society in Paxton, Illinois, I will try to reunite them with their family here.
I rescued an old album from an old schoolhouse in Wyoming. The buildings were on our daughter's ranch. The school grounds and buildings had reverted back to the ranch when a new school was built. The teacher must have lived in the buildings, the schoolhouse and teachers house, for a few years after the new school was built. I don't know what happened to her, but all her stuff had been piled into one little tiny room in the school house. I don't even know her name. We salvaged some things, dishes, and a hooked rug, and the photo album. The family's name was Hammerlund, and Woodward. They lived in Paxton, Illinois, and Thawville, Illinois. Starting 1888, there are wonderful pictures of people, a farm, barn, horses, cows, dogs, gardens, and big story and half house. Then there are newer pictures of houses in town, and trips out west. These people were hunters and fishermen. Rex Hammerlund was a soldier in WW1, there are several pictures of him. If anyone knows of this family, please get back to me. If not, I am sending it to the Hstorical Society of Ford County, Illinois in Paxton.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I'm happy you are trying to reunite these pictures with family. It must have felt like you were going back in time looking at the photos. Good luck.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  10:52:56 AM  Show Profile

post on ancestery.com....there is always people looking for their ancestors on their site...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  2:25:12 PM  Show Profile
I have done ancestry.com, and all the others. Maybe there just isn't anyone left. I hope someone know these people. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile
have you tried googleing the names, sometimes you will pull up a site with family members who are looking for ancestors, you never know, and if you end up sending the pics on to the historical society, post that info also, so if someone down the line finds your posts, they will know where to go...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  08:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Tina, I will post about sending the photos to the historical society, good idea. I googled the name, and found a couple of businesses with that name, but they didn't respond. Thanks, Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Long lost photos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page