forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  5:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Way to go, Bunny! You did better than you thought!

Oggie, we have had bunnies before too. Your new ones are real cuties.
Now, we have a yard and woods full wild rabbits! They are fun to watch; but, I have to keep my little garden fenced. It really is good to see you on here again!

Thanks for sharing your picture, Mar! Your dd is very pretty! And, Sammie looks pretty mellow.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  6:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Mar, that is a great picture!!!! How nice that another member of your family is in the spotlight. Hope you had a great Easter there.
Holly, our ground is still frozen tundra!!!! We still have our water running full time to keep the pipes from freezing. Probably will have to for at least 2 more weeks yet. The frost line is still down almost 9 feet!!! Our lake is starting to open up now because the ice breakers have been going through for the ore boats. We have an ore dock here in town.
Gypsy, Hope things are getting better for you. I have not slept well for the last few days, then I am dog tired at night, go to bed, sleep for an hour, then wide awake for another 6. No fun.
Ginny, those bunnies are so cute. I am sure they will lift up your spirits. I hope you take lots of breaks in between all of the work you have been doing.
Cindy and Judith, glad to see you both on here again. Hope you can stay now. I am so glad to hear that Thelma is okay, wish all the oldies would return again. They all seemed to disappear after we had that virtual road trip. Too much partying and pool boys, I guess!!! LOL!!!
Mel, Hope things are going well for you.
Marie, I will be sending you another box of yarn next week. I will let you know when I do. I see you have had some warmer weather. We had rain today, it has been in the 30s and 40s yet. I finally am able to wear my shoes instead of boots, but still have the winter jackets on.
Bunny, Hope you are caught up on your school work. Hope things get easier for you. Congrats for getting on the president's list. WAY TO GO!!!!!!A new magazine will be coming out in a couple of weeks, no news if you are featured in it yet? Hope you get more sales. It would be nice if they were steady.
I hope I did not leave anyone out. I have been working more for my son, probably will be this weekend too. He only has me for 6 more months.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  6:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Ginny, the bunnies are very sweet. I hope they bring lots of laughs and cuddles. I'm glad to hear DD is doing better. Looking forward to hearing DH is getting what he needs too.

Holly, aren't kids just grand. They seem to have a way with testing us. Frankly I hope DdK got good and sick. Drinking is all about learning your limits. Mine is one margarita or two glasses of wine. I can't drive after even one drink, so don't unless someone else is driving.

I still have leftover math homework to do. I'm almost there. My current math assignment has to be mailed to the teacher by Saturday. So I should be about to finally sew. I'm so behind and missing my sewing machine.

It is raining pretty hard right now and the wind is blowing big time.

Night all.....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  6:43:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and it looks like I'm going to be in the August issue of Altered Couture not The May issue.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  8:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I am still here. I am just pretty busy and I have been trying to get into bed by 10:00 so that I can start to arise earlier. Lowell stays in bed until 8:00 and doesn't leave the house until after 9:00. I want to get up at 6:00 and get going on my day.

Jan - Yes, the weather has been warm but it can be tricky. Tonight there is a cold wind. The heat have been turned off in our apartment and it can still get a bit chilly inside. The kids at the school are so happy to be able to go outside for recess. Mitzi is happy too.

For Easter, Lowell and I went out for breakfast and took Mitzi to a park where she could run around like a wild animal and roll in the grass. She gets leaves all over her back and looks at us in triumph then shakes them off. Talk about a happy dog face! Just like yellow dog's. Lowell had Joanne over to go over some new songs while I was outside removing nuts, washers and tires from bike rims in preparation to installing them as fencing. The ground still seems a bit too cold to plant. I have started some plants indoors.

After Lowell and Joanne were finished, we decided to go out for dinner and we invited Joanne to join us. She doesn't have any family nearby. I paid. She is one less person who has to spend a holiday alone. She took our pictures in our Easter finery.

Past time for bed.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  9:25:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm checking in on my phone. But I couldn't resist posting a "woo hoo" looking good, Marie!
And Ginny, i'm so happy to see you have bunnies again. You deserve them and they are lucky to have been placed in your care. Please post photos often. I'm delighted to hear that your daughter continues to conquer her challenges.
Bunny,I think it sounds like August will be a great time to remind the readers of your talent! Wish I was close to give you a hand with that math class.
Happy Earth Day,
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  08:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Marie...nice pic...all dressed up in your Easter finery!

Ginny....the bunnies are adorable! Nice that you have rescued them from a life of caged misery! They must know how lucky they are! So good to hear your daughter is improving. How her progress continues. How did the appointment for David go?

Bunny...looks like you are becoming a regular in Altered Couture. Are these the last few classes for your second degree?

Mar...lovely pic of daughter's lil' family! :)

Thanx for thinkin' of me Jan...Sorry to hear you are STILL frozen.....I am embarrassed to say we will be hitting 85 today. You should consider Texas as your base camp when you start on your future adventures. The reason I say that.. only because it is more central than most places and the weather is usually mild in the winter not warm so much but redeemable and you can be on the move in the summer when it's 105! :) LOL :)

Holly....I so hope that dsJ does decide to take some college courses...if he can just get in the groove so to speak I think he will enjoy it! Guess ddK is a typical teenager...need to learn by experience...she'll be OK!
Is that pig stall cleaned up yet....are you light $100 yet? Glad the littles are doing well.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  09:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Mel, I have one more quarter after this. This summer will be the end of it. I have an internship, a keyboarding class and two electives. I'm hoping to have one of them be a web design class. Then to make it easy on myself, another production keyboard class. Then I need to actually fine a way to earn a living.
I haven't had anymore sales. I really hate the dry spells. They scare me. I need to find more ways to market myself and to the right people

I have decided I need a break today so it's off to the sewing room. Tomorrow will be a short homework day and I should be able to finish up my math. So I'll be on track again.

It's raining today. I miss my home in the mountains on days like this. Nothing better than rain or snow in the forest with a big fire in the fire place. Sigh......

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Marie, love the picture. Looks like the snow is gone! It is nice of you to include your friend. I have been spending my holidays alone. My one friend's family isn't very pleasant. The other is full of drama.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  11:03:33 AM  Show Profile
Jumping on to say hello. Today is a rather calm day and it feels like summer. I have nothing on my schedule to do today for the first time in forever. I'm really loving the spring days that we do have because many times we skip spring altogether and go straight to HOT summer. Right, Mel?

We are now down to one class and one instructor, whom we both love.

Ginny, I'm always so glad to hear from you. Love the bunnies. I have had bunnies before but I did not have them housebroken so they stayed outside in a crate. The last one I bought at an estate auction for one dollar. First and only time I've ever seen live animals at an estate auction but I guess the person died and there was no one who wanted the pet rabbit. He was a huge black and white beautiful rabbit. One day I found him out of the cage lying on the ground dead. No sign of injury.

I got an ordinary letter in the mail yesterday addressed to me, from my brother's health care provider. It said he had a death benefit policy and I was the named beneficiary. Send them my drivers license, social security number and a certified copy of the death certificate and they would forward the check to me. He must have done this years ago and never said a word. It made me cry again. I think I should be out of tears by now.

Holly, I am wondering if K will read the book and what she will think.

Jan, please tell us you are done with snow, hopefully forever now. Bunny, your subject choices sound like good ones to me.
Looking forward to seeing that magazine. I don't know how to make ends meet between sales. Hopefully your sales will pick up enough to build a cash reserve for the dry spells.

Mar, I hope you and DH will soon be settled into a new home that you both love and your life can resume normally. It must be the most stressful thing to have gone on so long. I frankly do worry that MIL will just take the place of former neighbor dearest and you will still have a big stressor. I know you are savvy enough to minimize that. As best you can.

Marie, aren't hats wonderful! I loved seeing you and L wearing hats. B and I do love our hats.

Judith, I hope you will start posting regularly with us. Everybody has an interesting life to me, and sometimes we get on some subject that has nothing to do with our lives, and if all else fails we bring in the pool boys. Regardless of subject, there is rarely a dull moment. Even when we don't agree, we have fun disagreeing. And, as you must know, our sage advice would put dear Abby to shame. We are so good.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 12 2014 2:12:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  11:11:57 AM  Show Profile
I"m in my happy place!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  4:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

DdK is reading the book. She said she likes it. Today she wanted to know if it was real. I told her I did not know the back of the book says the author took stories from members of her family. She said, It is really awful what is happening. The dad's and uncles and such are raping the children.
On another note from most recent Boston trip she met the woman upstairs from her friend's apartment who is on disability for having dyslexia. She says, for real? some people are so stupid. Can you believe it for dyslexia? She is not impressed with some of the new people she is meeting. she has no patience for parasites.

Bunny, I am glad you are very happy! Now tell us why? YOur post sure left me hanging.

We have raised beds in the garden. I do not know how deep the frost goes in the ground. I think it must all be out because mud season is passing an the fields are starting to green up. You sure do have a more frigid climate than we do.

Marie what a fun looking couple you are. We take people with us when we go out. YOu are right to take care of the strays.

Gypsy what a nice surprise from your brother. He may have forgotten that there was an insurance policy attached to his account.

There is a monopoly game of sorts at the grocery store. The top prize was $1,000,000. We found out today that someone an hour north of us won! We are happy for them and sad for us. My friend, Leola says they got a million dollars and Leola got free toilet paper.

We did school work today. It was very overcast and cold all day long. The wind is really blowing now.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  5:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Holly, my happy place is my sewing room, blasting my music and creating whatever comes to mind.

This is some of what I worked on today. I also finished 6 brooches.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  2:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Good grief... where is everyone?
I got a call from the Dr's office. My vitamin D levels are way down... duh! Winter??? full time student taking online classes at home. Not much chance of going outside for Vitamin D. We will see what it does to help. At least it's a start. She has to rule out all the easy stuff first.

More math homework today. Way too much I think!

I might still get to sew on Saturday and Sunday if I'm a good girl and finish up. I thought I was caught up. NO chance!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I'm here.

I went to my GP (general practitioner)or primary care doctor today. He is very concerned about my low blood sugars and told me to lower my dinner insulin which I will do. He also wants me to go to a nutritionist and a physical therapist to help me with weight and arthritis.

Bunny - Taking vitamin D is good for all women over 50. I take 800 ml a day. It's not that expensive.

I will be taking Mitzi to the vet pretty soon. Annette needs a letter from a vet saying that her cat, Nate, has been neutered. I will make that appointment for the same time so we can go out to lunch then too. I will pick up her vet bill.

Have a good night!

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Apr 24 2014 3:25:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  7:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Marie, the picture is really nice. You both look happy together. Do be careful blood sugar. Diet and exercise will help a lot.
Bunny, Marie is right about taking vitamin D Supplements. I have been taking them for years because I have osteoporosis and cannot take Fosamax. Calcium with vitamin D is what I take.
We are still in a cold spell here, only in the 30s with snow tomorrow. We are supposed to get 1-5 inches tomorrow. It is the end of April, right? I heard on the radio yesterday that we are not having a spring this year, we are having sprinter!!!!! Spring and winter combined!!! On the bright side though, our frost line is now above 6 feet deep, so we got to shut out water off yesterday, finally, after running constantly for almost 2 months.
I made beef stew and biscuits for supper tonight. It sure did taste good on a cold damp rainy night. I work tomorrow and Saturday for my son. I hope it is busy. There seems to be more out of towners in lately, people that were cooped up all winter and are now getting out for a long ride. Most of them do buy something.
Well, off to bed. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  7:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Getting ready for bed and finishing up on line details.

I take 5000 IU of Vitamin D in the winter and 2000 IU in the summer everyday. My levels are in the right range. I read that even if we were outside 6 hours a day because of our latitude we would still not get enough vitamin D to maintain health.

Marie I hoe the doctors figure your health out soon.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention. My son from Texas messaged me yesterday, he is out of rehab now and is very thankful to have a second chance in life. He is doing well. He is separated from his wife, which I kind of knew. She was home here last weekend and did not even let us know. That is my only grandson and I have not seen him in 12 years, he is now 20. I missed out on all the hugs and kisses and seeing him grow up. They have been in Texas since a year before he was born. My son spent 21 years in the Army, now retired, but will be staying in Texas also. Maybe we will go to Texas for the winter, or at least next spring.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  8:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Jan, I'm glad you are having some contact with your son. Keep it up. He will probably appreciate your support.

I didn't realize so many people take vitamin D. I guess I have really been missing out.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  9:29:37 PM  Show Profile
Count me in too...I take vitamin D. Same reason, at this latitude most of us need it.

We bought a house. We will close on May 22. 4 Weeks more of homelessness. What a relief. This is perfect for everyone concerned. Twenty nine miles from dd. Vancouver, Washington. I'm so excited and tired. too much stress for too long.

Bunny,,I bet you are hoping for more input from your doctor. As you said, she is starting with the easy stuff.
Marie, do you feel when your blood sugar goes low? Most people do, but not everyone.

Jan, i'm glad you heard from your son!

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  9:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Mar, yea!! Homeward bound. I'm sure it will be a relief in ummm, about 3 months when you are all unpacked and settled.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  10:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Yea, Mar, breathing a collective sigh of relief!!

Bunny, I have been on prescription vitamin D since 2008 when I had melanoma. No more sun for me. I take a 50,000 IU capsule once a week. I have very low energy when I get lazy about taking it. It's good for so many things.

I have low blood sugar when I don't eat properly. It plummets after a meal and I can hardly keep my eyes open for about 40 minutes and then it stabilizes and my energy comes back.

A lot if people are dehydrated and have lots of symptoms just because their body needs more liquid.

Finally got a hearing on May 5 to get the judge name me legal executrix of my brothers estate. So I can wrap all that up and be done with it. My brother did everything very intelligently and it should be a fairly simple process.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 12 2014 2:14:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  10:30:55 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, I didn't know vitamin D was so important. Can you get it from an herbal source? I just bought the summer issue of Herb Quarterly and it says that green tea can help prevent sunburn. I'm taking a med. that makes me more susceptible to sunburn so it's more green tea for me this summer. I've started taking ashwaghanda root warmed in milk. I strain out the root and add cinnamon and nutmeg. It tastes like a mild cocoa drink. It seems to have a calming affect on me while increasing my alertness. it's raining here so I have to put off planting my beans until it's a bit drier. I'm trying two types of pod beans and I have some edamame beans left from a couple years ago. My peas that I stored in the fridge in a medicine bottle for three years, I planted them and they are doing great. My beets haven't started coming up yet. I have tomato, pepper, and eggplant seedlings indoors. I have basil and parsley in my kitchen window and I've prepared the bed in the front yard to be my herb garden. I have wild strawberries coming up all over my yard so I plan to make some herbal concoctions with them. The berries are great for whitening your teeth--they have a mildly abrasive action that cleans teeth and they have antiseptic qualities.
For some reason it hurts when I turn my neck to the right or left. I must have strained some muscles but i don't know how. Maybe it's related to the wreck I was in at the beginning of the year. I hope not. My lawyer is trying to reach a settlement. I want it to be over with and done.
Marianne--I hope the time goes quickly till you can move into your new house.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  07:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,I didn't know about green tea and sunburn. I knew it was good for you and try to drink some every day but now I will make sure to drink more. Also I've been trying to find out about ASHWAGANDHA. Where do you get the root? I see it is listed in some of the cleanse products. Thought it was good for sleep aid but needed more info on it.

Bunny, I just love the colors and designs you choose to work with!
GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 25 2014 07:26:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  08:46:19 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday, Farmgirls! My fingers are numb as I am keyboarding! I know its Spring somewhere.
Marie- I have to tell you I love, love, that picture! It looks kind of retro. Very frame-able! (prob not a word). DH and I love to come up to Minneapolis for road trips. He's been known to go up just for the Sunday paper. Ha! Let me know if you would like more yarn. I have lots. Send me an e-mail with addy if you want.
Jan- I went to a farmer's market last year in Escanaba. We were there for only about an hour. Just a road trip while we were scouting around in Iron Mtn. The ladies there were so upbeat! What do you think of the new indoor market that is being planned?
Holly-I love hearing about life at your place. Those kids sure keep you on your toes. Those littles remind me of my farmkid cousins when I was little. I wanted to be just like them. Such adventures.
Bunny- I immediately knew where your happy place is. Thanks for sharing the pic. Those are such pretty little pretties you made.
Mel- I have a frozen nose tip while imagining your 85 degrees.
Mar- So glad you found your house! And, close to family. It really didn't seem to take long once you got to your daughter's.
GG-Yeah, I remember those pool boys! Your imaginations were moving way too fast for me. You all should put all that into a little cozy book. Sounds like one I read just recently. It was a hoot!
Talk at you all later.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page