Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  9:05:18 PM  Show Profile
GG, I guess it is all in how you are raised. I think it good to know how to do those things. The only thing I did was I was the firewood girl. My dad taught me how to cut our fire wood with the chain saw and then I would split it with a wedge and sledgehammer, then stack it all. I actually loved doing it.mit was good hard work and at 12 years old, it was easy. Oh to be young and strong again.

I hope you are able to find the perfect little house to make your home. just make sure you get a craft room!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  07:51:40 AM  Show Profile
I had a whole post and it just went off into cyberspace. Just what I needed. I am so sore, I could cry!!! The sale is going good, got rid of most of the big stuff, selling lots of smalls. I know now this is a lesson to not become a hoarder!!! LOL!!! 3 more days of the sale.We are living in our bedroom now, all our furniture is gone, so I was standing all these days. Now I have a lawn chair to sit on. I could do alot of things before I hit 60. Now I am almost 64 and I cannot do half what I used to. Must remember, these are the "GOLDEN YEARS"!!! Ha Ha!!!
Hope all are doing well. I will post when this is all over. Don't forget about me, I am still around. 13 more days and we hit the trail!!! Yahoo!!!!
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  5:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Jan, hang in there! Sounds like you are getting it done. Glad the sale is doing well.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  5:34:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

So, here I changed the page and I can not access because of internet reasons the page I usually type my post on so I do not lose it. I am typing at the bottom of the page in the little block and hope I do not lose the post.

When the wild animals take our laying hens the whole bird disappears. We do not have pieces parts strewn around the yard. I think for an animal that would be a waste of a kill. So, Cindy, YOu could get hens because they would just disappear and you would not know where they had gone. We have lost many guinea fowl this supper but only four laying hens. We have seen some feathers in the field but no blood or parts.

We do not have those snakes that would eat birds around here. Our snakes are ground snakes and eat frogs and such.

You are good G if you could gut the chicken with out breaking the intestines. It is a trick to take off the tail without cutting the large intestine. I was getting good at taking it out by the time I had done my 20th bird.

Jan, I am glad you have a good attitude. I do not think of myself as a hoarder but we do have lots of junk.

Today I had a lazy day. I am still recovering from the marathon chicken cleaning and yesterday's hike in the woods. I had a good hard sleeping nap this afternoon. Laid down and passed out for thirty minutes.

The day was warm and clear. Tonight the stars are fabulous. The Milky Way is clear and bright.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi, everyone. Missed you all. I've never been the ax or chain saw operator when we worked on getting firewood. Dh always did that part and I gathered and stacked.

I have never killed am animal. For food or for riddance. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to that.

Jan, I'm still glad your things are moving out and you are seeing some $$ coming your way. Thirteen days? Holy cow. That's around the corner.

Dr and her boyfriend left this morning for a getaway. Sammie will be with us for the week.

Gg, keep us posted on the homes for sale.

Bunny, how many garments will you ship the shop owner?
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  8:29:29 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 15 2019 8:35:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  8:42:57 PM  Show Profile
GG, you know how I feel about tiny homes. Nothing wrong with tiny. I hope you get it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  8:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Jan, I hope you feel better after a good night's sleep. I think I will do a garage sale for the junk and cheap stuff and do an estate sale for all the rest. Someone is going to get some good stuff cheap.

BTW, there are huge vegetable gardens at this place we want to move to, and they do a farmers market. It's some sort of a coop but I don't have the details yet. Such a brilliant idea to build a city for seniors like this where you really don't have to give anything up except all the work.

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny.

GG
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  5:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Gg, I am anxiously awaiting an update. When does your offer expire? Do you know if there are other offers? I love our little house. Five acres is enough to keep the horses busy. The shop is enough to keep dh busy. I am posting on my kindle and have a cozy dog on my lap so I won't get up to get my computer, but I owe you all an explanation or two and a proper post! Thinking of you all and keeping up with what's going on.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  7:20:21 PM  Show Profile
We got the house.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  7:51:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats GG....doin' the happy dance for ya!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm so very excited for you guys????

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  7:57:34 PM  Show Profile
That's great! Small homes are the best, and you have all those wonderful things around you. Wish I could come to your upcoming yard and estate sales!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  8:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks,girlfriends. Now let's just hope I can get rid of this big white elephant, er......resort soon.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  9:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Who Hooo GG! Now you get to pack up all your stuff and move. I bet if you stage the house just right you might even be able to sell it with stuff you don't want to take with you. Or like you said have a big estate sale.

A new adventure awaits.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  07:32:51 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, that's what I plan to do. It will take a while to get the little house ready to move in to. Then I will pick and choose what will fit, and the rest has to go. My place could become a second home or family retreat for someone, in which case they might need some of the furniture. If not, at that time I will call someone as Jan suggested earlier, and just make a clean sweep of it. In the meantime, I know where I'm going, so I know what to take and what to leave. A win-win. And such a relief to finally have a decision made. For the price of what the gym membership cost me in Austin, I have the use of a huge complex that has everything you could possibly think of. And a built in social circle that has been sadly lacking for several years. So I'm a happy camper, right now anyway, until the next big hurdle comes at me. It always does.
Have a great day, everyone.

GG
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  08:38:04 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations GG!!!! So happy for you and B. Sounds like you found the perfect place with everything you need there. Wishing you all the best.
Today is the last day of the sale, yesterday and today is very slow, and it is raining cats and dogs and very windy out, so do not expect many here today. Gave me time to tear the stove apart and deep clean it. Looks like new now.
11 more days, I am getting very excited, but sad at the same time, leaving my son and daughter. But, it is time for me to start living some before it is too late. My health set us back 8 years as it was.
More later,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  08:43:27 AM  Show Profile
Jan, we will have lots of stories to share on our new life adventures. Won't that be fun! Whoever thought being over 50 was a bad thing, just doesn't know, the best is always yet to come! These endings are slways so sad, but you have to have them in order to have new beginnings! Don't work yourself to death, girlfriend, whatever does not sell now you can just turn over to your son and tell him to send you a check, lol.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  12:34:28 PM  Show Profile
Said Goodbye to Miss Twinkletoes today. She was sick all yesterday and I knew it was time. 19+ years old. I'm a basket case but my mom took her down.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  1:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Bunny--I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to such a longtime companion. I'm still missing my Koko bird. The longer you have them, the harder it is to let go. but think of all the happy memories your kitty brought you in those nineteen years. And think of all the love she received from you--she had a happy life and that's what we want most for our animal companions.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  5:01:57 PM  Show Profile
That's tough, Bunny, even though we know we will lose them someday, it's worth it for all the love they give us for so many years. What a sad world this would be if there was no such thing as pets. Bunny, follow Cindy's example and go get a new kitty. There are lots of them who need homes. I just the other day ran across the pictures of a calico cat I once had, and even now teared up at the thought of her. Our pets demand nothing from us and love us unconditionally. What a wonderful thing they are. I feel sorry for the people who don't like pets. They miss so much.

We started out cold and then it turned warm. It's that time of year. Jan, I hope you are all rested up.

I made a bake over with Mary janes gluten free mix and it was the best gluten free mix I've used and I've tried them all. I cooked lamb,potatoes,onions,zucchini and then poured a can of organic mushroom soup over all before I put the crust on, then brushed the crust with egg white, and it browned very nicely, then instead of flipping it over like she suggests, I served it like a pot pie. It was very good.

Good night all. We are getting the back seasons of The Good Wife and we got a new DVD today. So we will watch four episodes. We are also watching the new season where he's out of jail and now the governor and she is running for States Attorney. We are about five years behind I think.

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  5:08:51 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm glad your mom stepped up for you. Give her some credit.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I pass out from exhaustion and miss reading and posting for one night and so much happens. GG I am happy for you and hope this move is all that you hope for. I guess Fox news will come in loud and clear in the new house. I think when you are having it fixed up you should put extra sound proofing in the B's TV room. I guess it will be your TV room too but you seem to be not as hearing impaired as he is when it comes to listening to the TV. LOL Now that you have a goal the plan will fall into place.

I think Jan will be moving on the road about the same time as we are having our pigs and bull calves put in the freezer. Now you will have a different way to communicate with your Ds and Dd. It will all work out and they can visit you. and call.

I have been wondering what the women who live around Dallas are thinking about the Ebola virus? There is an infectious disease doctor in my Tai Chi class and he says the meeting he went to they talked about half the time on what their response would be for Ebola. He says there is an infinitesimal chance it will come to Vermont.

Mar I am listening............

Bunny I am sorry your Twinkletoes went over the Rainbow. I am glad she was not sick for a really long time. I have a funny story about my Morgaine who lived to be 22 years old. When she was 15 she asked to sleep under the covers. I let her. C said don't do that . I said she will not be here much longer and she is cold. Well, she slept under the covers for the next 7 years and I had to be careful I did not roll on her. She had extra toes and was not shy about extending those claws just a little painfully.

If we talk about those we have loved who have passed they will never die.

Cindy you have strong words to pass on feelings. Keep them coming.

Today was a lovely warm day. Temperatures rose to the 70's. A man I trade turkeys and laying hens for syrup called last night. We had a fun conversation and we both wondered out loud when the weather would change and all of this fineness we have been experiencing would be a fond memory.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  5:58:41 PM  Show Profile
GG, another cat is not what I need. I may end up in a rental in the near future and the less cats I have the better. I do give my mom some credit, but she has been pushing me to do this for a year. Every little "accident" was blamed on Twinkle. Now we will learn the truth. My mom is not capable of love, that's why she was able to take Twinkle to the vet for me. But at least she did it.

Holly, sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed. I worry you work too hard. Taking care of children, making sure there is food and wood available. You and C are going to have to slow down eventually.

My oldest son met a girl. This is a big accomplishment for him. Funny thing is I think she made the first move. She is a sheriff's deputy and a single mom with two little girls. He is ok with that. Funny thing is they both have the same first name. Ashley.

I really hope they can have a nice relationship. She sounds really nice. She lives in a cob house and her parents are farmers in the California valley. He says she is "earthy".

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G