Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  6:55:27 PM  Show Profile
I just made a farmgirl scarecrow to put in my yard. I used an old shirt, a pinafore dress that I'd had since high school (and I hadn't worn it since then--don't know why, but some clothes I just can't part with). I sewed a wire hanger into the shirt for support and to give it shape. I filled a trash bag with foam peanuts and used that to fill out the body. I filled out her bosom with cotton batting and sewed around the top of the pinafore to keep it in place. I have a plastic jack-o-lantern that I'm going to use for her head. I need to get her a straw hat--I have one but don't want to use it on her. I'll get one at Goodwill. She's going to be sitting on an old high chair/stepstool that I'd repurposed into a plant stand. I have an old pair of cowboy boots and I'll try to work them into this project somehow...I hope I can get my camera to work and I'll take a picture. My camera is goofy--it says "internal memory full" even though I've downloaded and deleted the pictures that were on it. It has a few pictures on it, if I delete one, I'll be able to take a picture. The best thing is I made her entirely from things I had around the house.
Bunny--do you ever look at fashion blogs? There is one called Style
Bubble and a designer has made some crocheted clothes that granny would never wear. Neither would I, but it's neat to look at. I really liked the pony purse.
I'm going to try to go the vegan cafe tomorrow. They have sprout-filled tacos. Looked pretty tasty.
Happy evening,
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  8:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Mar, there is quite a hierarchy in the military. You are not suppose to socialize with anyone above your rank. I'm sure there is a good reason.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  07:45:02 AM  Show Profile
That's not to say it doesn't happen. There was an enlisted gal in my barrack that was dating an officer. Don't know what happened with the relationship because it wasn't my business. There is a problem with officers and enlisted having relationships. Sort of like the manager dating his secretary.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  08:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Betty, when my son first got his barracks assignment, his first roommate was a corporal. He was a little stressed, just months out of boot camp. When I asked about his roommate he said, " wow mom, he is a corporal and he is still a really nice guy." Boot camp pretty much drills into these guys they are trash and have to earn their way up. He of course makes friends everywhere he goes. It's not such a big deal anymore with his own group.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  12:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Patty called and left a message. She is unable to get on-line right now but she wanted everyone to know she's thinking about them. She sounded like she has a lot on her plate right now so say a prayer for her--
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  12:42:06 PM  Show Profile
I just talked to Patty--wow, she really does have a lot on her plate. Hopefully the worst is over. Both her sister and BIL are recuperating at home. I won't go into detail, I'll let Patty tell you when she posts on here again. She said the wedding went off without a hitch, but that she's worn out from driving to Connecticut then to South Carolina then to Illinois....anyway, just wanted everyone to know she's still there.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  6:37:18 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  8:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I think they will be here tomorrow. They had to abandon her car at a wrecker's this afternoon. Dh Willcall the business on Monday and see if they will pay with any money for the car. They are now in a Camry that I rented over the phone about seven minutes before the agency closed. So now they are about five hundred miles away...visiting her brother in the morning to check on his well being.
It has been a very long busy day.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  9:56:38 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I got your package yesterday. Interesting items. I agree about the interest white fabric with the leaves. I think it will be useful for a future creation. Thank you for thinking of me. Unfortunately there were a few childrens items that were too small for most of my projects. But I did see a few other items I can use.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  12:15:20 AM  Show Profile
I think they will be here tomorrow. They had to abandon her car at a wrecker's this afternoon. Dh Willcall the business on Monday and see if they will pay with any money for the car. They are now in a Camry that I rented over the phone about seven minutes before the agency closed. So now they are about five hundred miles away...visiting her brother in the morning to check on his well being.
It has been a very long busy day.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  09:13:33 AM  Show Profile
Mar??? What happened to the car. Were they in a wreck?

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:25:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  6:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, I'm going to make this short and sweet. Too exhausted on a daily basis to post. The past month I have been emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted. The wedding went off without a hitch and was beautiful. My sister has been trying to recover from the accident. They remove the cast on Friday and it was full of infection. She will go into the hospital tomorrow and on Tuesday they Will remove her lower leg. They will take off from 4 inches below the knee.. The fellow that hit them lives in public housing and lives on state assistance. He owns nothing and therefore is judgment proof. It will be a horrible struggle for them.I will be making another trip out there on Wednesday and staying several days. My brother-in-law is still in wheelchair but he is recovering, hope to be back on here soon, however I know you all understand

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Oct 28 2014 05:22:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  7:07:56 PM  Show Profile
That's horrible, Patty. I'm so sorry about your sister. I know you are heartbroken. Just check in with us when you can.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  7:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I have a few minutes before I must take Mitzi out for her evening walk. I have been doing household chores today. My horoscope said it was a good day for it. I read the horoscope after the fact so I guess I know what I am doing and how to do it. I like reading the horoscopes anyway just for fun. I did almost all the ironing, sorted and restacked my pile of boxes and packing material and found a clear spot on the dining room table. I have noticed a curiously bad smell in the passage between the dining room and the kitchen which I cannot identify. I believe it is either a dead rodent or a place where Bob the Kat has indicted his displeasure. I will find it this week and clean it up. Lowell hasn't said anything about it so I'm not in any hurry. I am just glad that the smell is ONE thing he isn't bothering me about. He is on the desktop computer looking for rehearsal space. Mike, the bass player, only wants to practice at his place every other week. At that rate, the band will never have 24 songs (2 sets) readdy anytime soon.

Patty - So terribly sorry about your sister having to lose part of her leg. I have read Ginny's Caring Bridge posts about her husband's amputation and it is a slow process getting the body clear of infection, therapy and fitting a prosthetic. I hope she does well.

Bunny - Sorry I sent you the kids clothes. Don't know what I was thinking. Those white and yellow leaf pants came with a tank top which I kept. I might make it into a handbag. I know your clothes will sell well in San Francisco. Maybe put a notice on your Etsy site with the address so people who can get there may see them in person.

Cindy - Do post a picture of the farmgirl scarecrow when you get a change. I would love to see it. Enjoy the vegan restaurant. We have lots of local food restaurants in Minneapolis. I especially want to go to this one:

http://www.tinydiner.com/

I'll have to go with Annette sometime. Lowell never wants to try anything out of his comfort zone.

Time for Mitzi's walk. When I get back I will be putting together my weekly to do list and planning the week's crochet classes.

Good night y'all.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  7:59:33 PM  Show Profile
I know Patty is too polite to say this, but if you can afford to donate to the fund for her sister and BIL, please do. Both had to be air-lifted to a St. Louis hospital and the price is exorbitant. My brother has to pay $17,000 for when my SIL was flown by air ambulance (a small plane) from Syracuse to Dallas, and I think that's only 10% of the bill. It's astronomical what these helicopter ambulances charge. Most insurance plans don't cover it unless you request it. they don't want people to know about it cause it costs them (the insurance companies) so much.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Patty
How terribly sad for your sister. I will keep all of you in my prayers. No wonder you are exhausted.

GG
Enjoy your free Time. It'll feel like a honeymoon when he gets home! Hope the ex SIL backs off.

Mar
How are the horses and the kiddo getting along?

Time to give my pup her eye drops and meds so she can go to bed!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  10:39:02 PM  Show Profile
Patty, so sad about your sister. Such a big life change in store for her. Prayers for your family.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  6:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Patty, I am so sorry to hear of the struggles your sister and her husband are facing. I can't imagine what strength they must find to continue.I know your help is invaluable to them.I do hope you get enough rest soon because you are carrying quite a load.

I will need more time to tell the story of the, as gg kindly put it, "vintage" car. But, everyone is here safely. Mom's little dog is trying to mark every room in the house. We have never had a dog that ever even had an accident in the house, so this is new. I don't care for it. And I am a Master of Understatement.

Marie, I get a kick out of horoscopes, too. I think they help me find the good part of the day. Has Lowell had any luck finding a practice area? Have you had any luck finding the origin of the odor?
Hey, bunny, we got a break from the rain today. Did you?
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  7:07:31 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 7:26:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  8:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Mar, I'm so sorry about the peeathon from MIL's little dog. I was kind of afraid this would happen. Maybe a call to the vet may be in order before MIL's disappears mysteriously.

GG, glad the mom visit is over. Are you looking forward to B being home again? Hope you had some quality ME time.

My friend finally took my dresses to the store. The owner and her helper loved everything. My friend said my prices are good and may even be a bit low. She loved the store although it isn't together yet. But she did send some pictures. We will see. They asked if I wanted to make some other things like purses. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I'm making a purse right now. Ii was having a major lack of inspiration so I decided to make something unrelated. It always helps and it did. I have so many new ideas.

Mar, it was nice to see the sun again.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  8:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Bunny. You are such an inspiration to me. I'm convinced you are right on the verge of something big.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  8:52:08 PM  Show Profile
I did find the source of the smell. As I was cleaning off the dining room table, I realized that the pumpkin Lowell bought had started to disintegrate because it had been purchased with mold on it. It had dripped all over Lowell's cords and some notes I had taken for the band. It left a stain on the table.

Pretty nasty.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  08:23:09 AM  Show Profile
GG, thank you for the good vibes. I hope I'm onto something big myself. I just need to be able to keep producing cool things. It is I teresting how I get burnt out sometimes and need to step back and try something different. I was doing some really back and forth sewing for a purse bottom and sufpddenly all kinds of ideas came I to my head. It's like taking a shower and having so many cool ideas. It's holding on to those ideas that is the trick.

Marie, so glad you found the bad smell. It would drive me crazy. Cat pee is the bain of my existence. Want to mess with me bad....plant juniper. I'll go insane trying to find the cat pee in my house. I hate juniper.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  08:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Boy, auto correct had some major fun with my post. I hope it makes some kind of sense.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly