Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  8:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, the verdict is in and it comes as no surprise. I had heard back in October that they probably would not indict him. But I'm scared. Can't go into detail, but I think it's going to get worse, not better. Please pray.
I'm baking pumpkin bread as I type this--nothing like the pleasant smell of pumpkin to ease your mind. I hope I can sleep tonight. Maybe I should take an extra clonapin to be sure. The town I live in is different than Ferguson even though it's not all that far. Here, people of all races tend to be equally poor. Plus I live in Illinois. Which was a Union state during the Civil War, whilst Missouri was a confederate state. I'm currently reading a mystery novel which has flashbacks to the time of the Civil War. I picked it up at a library book sale for fifty cents. You would think that by now we'd have all figured out how to get along.....
I'm meandering. It's hard to think clearly. Mel, if you can't get Jake to eat, try using some Nutrical. It's supposed to stimulate their appetites when they won't eat. I will keep praying for Jake and for your peace of mind.
Mar--that is sad about that little girl. When I was twelve, I used to walk up the road to visit two horses that roamed in a huge pasture. I could never get up the courage to walk back to the farmhouse, which was set back from the road, to ask the owner if I could help groom the horses. Those horses will give her so much joy.
Holly--my new bird is doing great. He(?) and Skye get along just wonderfully. I've never seen Skye so happy.
Have to go check my bread. Right now my house smells heavenly.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  8:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Mel. I am so sorry to hear of Jake's tumor. Yo will know when it is time for him to rest. If he seems like he is still happy, enjoy your time with him. It is such a responsibility.I'll be thinking of you.

Holly, you better get that sledding hill cleared out you will have some upset kids. Dd has her eyes open for any freebies that would work for a woman of color. After the holidays may have some good "pickings"

Took mom to have her hair done today and got to visit with some really nice women and got a few inches knit on my project. Then dh and cleaned up from the wind storm more than a week ago. I think we are finally done! Tomorrow wee are going into Oregon to a farm store for feed. Sunny is back to his 'fighting' weight. He has a good coat on for winter and we are no longer worried about him. Sigh.

G, you are going to pick and choose what works for you in your new community. There will be other couples who share your point of view and it won't take you long to find them. Or for them to find you!

Bunny, your son looked like a calendar pin up! Gorgeous.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  5:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was warm and pleasant all day long.

I moved sand into one of the stalls in the morning. When my helpers clean out the stalls they take out som of the sand and pretty soon it is like the Grand Canyon in the stall. It is hard to milk when Coco is standing in a ditch.

In the afternoon I was going to split wood but the splitter would not start. I took the biggest pieces and moved the with the tractor bucket to a pile out of the way of the sledding hill.

I can not tell whether no one hads posted or whether the posts are not going to sling up until I post this. So, if there seems to be a weird posting that is why.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  5:50:50 PM  Show Profile
Holly I think no one is posting. I did one and then accidentally bumped the phone and it disappeared. I'm too lazy to do it again.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  6:00:40 PM  Show Profile
C thinks that when I post it does some sort of refreshing thing and then I can read the posts since my last post. That is what happened again this time.

Sorry Jake is not well. Hug him and hold him and tell stories. My our good energy will ease him.

Cindy, my dsT who is a young man of color says, Why try Mama, I am either going to end up dead or in jail. We are so far from the troubles but they are so close as well. Scarey.

Mar thanks from ddK. She says the darkest skin tones for her.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  06:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I have no school for the rest of the week so I thought I would post some nice pictures here for y'all.

Me and my animals all cozy and warm.

A Farmgirl at the Oliver Kelley Farm.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I love the picture of your kitty hugging you. You all look so cozy! Farmgirl looks cold.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  2:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Happy thanksgiving everyone. We are at the farm with two refrigerators full of food awaiting our guests.

Hope all of you have a good day tomorrow.

Oh, Holly, dsT needs to focus on all the wonderful black men and women who have done so much. There are lots of them. Newscasters, politicians, sports players, dancers, teachers, movie stars, singers, there are so many. These young people who end up in trouble a lot of them never had a chance. T has a good chance, a family who loves and supports him, he can be a good role model for others. Positive programming goes a long way.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It began to snow about 11:00 this morning and has been going steady ever since. We have more than 6 inches already. Temperatures are in the twenties.

DsT asked for a Civil war movie to watch but I could not find the one he wanted so he is watching ROOTS. He is seventeen now and I believe has never seen it. DdK told him she has see the first two but couldn't watch any more so we will see how he does.

I made the crusts for the lies and left C to do the fillings. She likes to and can not make a decent crust so I escaped down stairs to type to all of you .

So, I am going to close and post so I can read other people's posts and post again.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks GG for the words of encouragement for dsT. I think we are on the other side of his nastiness. It has been more than a year and a half now since it started. We still have days and hours when he is so controlling and vicious but we are also having time now when we can see the kind person we know lives inside.
He is a starter on the varsity basketball team this year. There is a new head coach and she likes dsT . The old coach told the AAU coach that T was a loser as it to spend any time on him. I am so glad he is gone. I did report that to the PTB. At the school and it may be a rt ochre reason he is no longer there. t does not need that $&$&$.

I do like the pictures you post Marie. Enjoy your time at home. I hope you get to do many activities that you like.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Nov 26 2014 4:34:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Holly, your holidays are starting! I don't know how I would handle roots feeling even more connected than just the outrage of being human. I don't know if I can explain myself and it sounds very clumsy. Just think I would have a lot of anger.

Happy holiday to all you gals,
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Mar,

You were very clear in your statement about ROOTS. I am cautious about what I encourage the children to see. White people did so many nasty awful things to people of color that it could be easy for them to hate us. But, he needs to understand s history and the history of America.

Hugs,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  5:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Go

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  5:20:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tall Holly

Go

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  5:21:25 PM  Show Profile
Just trying to delete this post and it will not go away. I thought there was a delete this post icon and now it is no where to be found.

Hope you all have a good holiday.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

[/quote]

Holly
farmgirl #2499

[/quote]

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Nov 26 2014 5:24:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  7:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Marie you do look cozy all snuggled up with your furbabies. Mar, as usual, you said it well and as usual I agree with you.

It's hard being a teenager under any circumstances. It's hard being a parent to one, too. Earth school. There are some who believe we chose to come here to learn certain lessons in order to evolve to a higher spiritual level. That we chose our circumstances. I don't know what I believe about that.

I cheated and bought a precooked smoked turkey. We had Mexican food tonight. And prebaked apple pie.
Holly I don't know why sometimes that delete Icon is not there. It's not there tonight. Often I go back and delete after a few days so I don't provide entertainment for too many total strangers and. future lurkers.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 26 2014 7:21:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  8:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Weird about the delete function.wonder if you could backspace and clear the post in the edit function. Thank you for understanding what I was trying to get across.

We are looking forward to the parade and dog show tomorrow. We will have salmon for dinner. G, you are a genius picking up that Turkey. Hope it is great.

Marie, stay cozy with your kitty. Is Mitzi a fan of cats?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  9:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Mitzi neither likes nor dislikes the cat. She sniffed him in the beginning when he wasn't used to her and hissed at her. Now she just leaves him alone. He wants to play with her but she doesn't know how to play. Such drama in my animals' lives.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  12:50:29 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 17 2019 8:09:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  3:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving to all. this is the third year in a row that I've picked the winner of the National dog show. I skipped supper last night and was too busy preparing food to eat breakfast so of course I ate too much for dinner. I temporarily suspended my vegetarian vow to partake of turkey. It only comes once a year, so it's OK. I made cheesy potatoes but they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. I tried making a gelatin dessert but it didn't set right. when I tried to unmold it, it turned into a runny mess and most of it got washed down the drain. I'd never made it before so I was quite disappointed. But I ate lots of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, buttered rolls, and had turtle pie for dessert. I brought home some turkey scraps for Jaxon and he is bugging me to feed him so this will be short. I have to work tomorrow but probably will get done in four hours or so. Then comes small business Saturday. We're having a green bazaar featuring homemade gifts such as soaps, jewelry, bags, and what-not. Our local arts center will have works made by local artists. I'm proud that we have so many talented artists in this region. One of them is known internationally for his pottery. Well, gotta run--my dog is hungry. I think he knows he gets a special treat tonight. smart dog.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, yup, I am still alive. I have not been able to post for quite some time. Bob kind of took over my laptop, and with the internet service that is here, it kept knocking me offline on my tablet. I just could not do much on it. I got a new laptop yesterday, then had to transfer all my data from my old one onto here, Windows 8 in a bit different from Windows 7, plus with apps and touch screen. I will et used to it though. Now I can post and also, hopefully, work on my blog.
I was sick for a few days, don't know if it was the water, or food poison. he weather here has been crazy. It will be warm into the 80s, then a rainy spell for a couple of days, then cold, down into the 40s at night. I have been swimming as much as I can, when the weather allows me. I can move my shoulder more in the water. I have been bike riding on my 3 wheel bike too. I go maybe 2-3 miles a day. That is helping my hips, but my knees have been hurting.
Mar, I wanted to tell you a story about my daughter when she was little and so sick. 3 years before she died, I was single with 4 children renting a home in town. My daughter had a brain tumor and had a zero% chance to live more than 5 years. She was mentally impaired from the radiation she had on her brain, so she was going to a special school. She was only 4 1/2 then. That was a year after her diagnoses. There was an old man that lived next door from us that was living with his daughter and family. He just loved Mandy so much, every day when she came home on the bus, he would un over and bring her a banana. They became such good friends, just like they were meant for each other. Almost a year later, I had a house fire and lost all of my belongings and the house was gutted. We found an apartment a block away. My daughter Mandy was so upset because she wanted to see "the old man", that's what she called him. Well, one day she took off without me noticing and she found her way onto the next block and found the old man's house. He was her therapy, and she was his. They both were happy when they were together. The old man died, and Mandy eventually forgot about him. I do believe she lived longer because of that experience she had.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day and lots to eat. We had a potluck dinner in the rec hall, which is just across from our RV. It was so good, and of course, we ate too much. We are both so thankful for the opportunity to finally live our dreams and be where it is warmer. My son called me today and it was only 14 degrees there and around a foot of snow on the ground. I am so thankful I am not there now. I don't think I could handle another cold winter like that now.
Have a great evening, am thinking of all of you,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  4:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We survived the holiday today. Tensions were a bit hot this morning with dsT this morning.he finally got it together and stopped taking offense at every word out of anyone's mouth. Then he was actually fun to be around. I think he even let down his adolescent attitude to enjoy himself. DsR (35) and dsE (31) came to have dinner with us. they were talkative. DsE and I play Flinch whenever he comes. It is his goal to whip my butt. Sometimes he is successful and that tickles him. To no end. He was not successful today.

This evening c and I played cribbage. I beat her in the first game by 16points and she beat me by 4 in the second game. We had a fun time. She changes those darn rules each time we play. I do not understand why I can not have three points for a 19 hand and why do I not get 8 points for a double run when we are laying down the cards. Aaarrrrggghhh.

We received about knee deep snow last night. It is cold so it is fluffy. I am so glad we have a tractor to clear the driveway.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Just checking to see if anyone has posted.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  10:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Holly I think we are all zoned out from stuffing ourselves yesterday.

Jan, good to hear from you!

You are obviously a very strong woman to have gone through the suffering and grief you have had, and still manage a happy and fulfilling life. An inspiration for the rest of us. I liked your sweet story about your little Mandy. Thank you for sharing that story with us. I know all these holidays are when we remember our precious loved ones who have gone on ahead of us. I hope you find comfort in remembering her brave little life and the joy she gave to others.

I always found bike riding to be hard on my knees. Even the stationary bike is too much. Something about the angle of the knees to pedal. I think. Because I can do other types of exercise with little problems.

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  11:14:47 AM  Show Profile
Holly I'm glad your holiday turned out well with "all my children" modern version. Teens and young adults need time to lose the need for drama and realize everything isn't about them. It takes a lot of time and a boat load of patience. I don't think I could have raised any more than two children. I really like mine as adults now. But I remember those trying years. For some reason, holiday seasons cause emotions to run high for many of us. I feel more stressed myself.

GG
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page