True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  10:31:51 AM  Show Profile
3rd time..hahaha
Gg once again you inspire me. .I am going to go back to coloring my hair..fingernail polish. .girl clothes and heels!!!
bunny I think of you daily and marie hope you are able to help every one you want to.
got to go all this has made my hands to fall asleep.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  11:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

It has been snowing all day. Very small flakes but it is accumulating. We have maybe 6 inches of new snow since last night. We brought over hay from the hay barn to the small room in the downstairs I made for the hay. If we bring over 20 bales at a time then we are good for more than two weeks of feeding almost three. I keep hoping that by the time the next load of hay needs to come over that the snow will be less and the walking will be easier. When there is no snow we can drive up the the barn. When we have several feet as now we need to carry the hay from the barn to the truck which we are able to park 75 feet or so away. It still is a lot easier than bringing the hay over in a sled everyday.

Slow day.

Sweet dreams if I do not get back tonight.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  10:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Man, holly, I don't envy you having to move hay that way.

Marie, I hope you can find a way to keep the kids wanting to learn.

We got a great 1000 piece puzzle named "Portland, City of Roses" and dh, dd, dd's boyfriend and i worked on it today. Dd is just about to finish it. It was really fun. A lot of teasing took place. Wee had got submarine sandwiches and the guys went to a movie, too.

Just had some thunder and lightning. And now we are supposed to dry out!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  03:03:30 AM  Show Profile
I put a poem on my blog that I wrote a while back. Would appreciate any feedback. I can't find the plug that goes on the cable that charges my M3P player so I'm charging it by computer. I wish I knew what is wrong with my knee--as I was taking off my left shoe last night, I pulled a little hard and my knee felt it. I can't do my yoga (which is probably how I hurt it) and that's frustrating. I also can't walk on the treadmill at Nautilus and I feel like I'm gaining too much weight. I guess it's a good thing I don't live in the country where I'd probably have chickens and llamas to take care of--it would be hard for me to lug around hay bales or heavy buckets by myself. When my knees are OK it's not a problem but when one of them doesn't feel right, I have to limit my heavy lifting. I bought an issue of Capper's Farmer magazine and there is an advertisement on the back page for these chicken tractors that one person can move by themselves. I think I'll check it out--I'm still interested in getting some hens. I want a tractor so I can put in the dog pen at night which will offer more protection from predators. I doubt that Jaxon would mind--he shows no inclination to chase anything. And he's inside at night.
GG--yes, tampering with the mail is a federal offense. No one is taking mail out of my mailbox; the person who put it on hold in the past did it via a phone call. She pretended to be me. By the time they got around to investigating it, there was no voice record or caller ID record cause too much time had passed.
Another working week is upon me....
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  06:00:00 AM  Show Profile
hello gals,
well, last night i had a talk with one of my dogs, Sally and told her that when i got paid on friday i was going to purchase rat bait and why. this morning i woke to ratagadom (?) woo whoo i love that dog. only problem is she is not let the other two in the same room with the dead rat so she has until lunchtime to gloat or eat and then i am putting it in the trash. if it was a hot day i wouldnt be able to wait at all but it is still cool here and i left the door cracked so she could go outside with it. trying not to discourage her from going after them.
and yes, i am still getting rat bait.
not much else is news..cindy hope your leg gets to feeling better. i am currently typing this at work so i can type more of a message than when i am on my phone - hands do not hurt as much.
speaking of work, better get to it..hehehe
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  06:03:47 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:48:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  06:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Jane - Do you mean ratagedden?

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  07:15:02 AM  Show Profile
i was thinking or armagadden , don't know if i spelled it correctly or not..hahaha
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  08:09:32 AM  Show Profile
its me again. i took off from work went home and disposed of the dead rat. getting too warm here to leave it for her. she wasn't even near it when i got home after fighting with the cat and the other dog...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It snowed a good share of the day. The high school cancelled all of the after school activities, which was fine with me. Then the snow stopped and I am not sure why the activities were all cancelled. the weather guessers said we were to have freezing rain, but the temperature outside is in the teens so I do not know how that would happen unless the upper level air temperatures have risen significantly.

We had baked potato bar for supper. For toppings we had bacon, breakfast sausage (both from our pigs), sauteed onions, mushrooms, butter and sour cream. It filled us up. I thought afterwards I should have cooked up some broccoli. Oh, well.

I hope you can rid of your rats soon. My brother told me if you see one then you have a dozen. If you see ten then you have a hundred. Not a pleasant thought at all.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  7:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Cindy I love your poem. It is beautifully sad. Poetic and touching. I can not write like that.

Janiee, you go, girl. Get those high heels on and have a little fun.
That's icky about the rats but you are a tough gal to just deal with it. Good for you.
I used to have a big old Tom cat who ate rats. He eventually got sick and died.
Holly the baked potatoes sound delicious to me. I don't know why I never think to do that. I do occasionally cook taco meat and serve with an assortment of "build your own" items to choose from.

The floors are about half done. He said they would finish them tomorrow. Still the bedrooms and master bath and closets to go, then put down the quarter round, or shoe molding. I'm getting weary of all this and want to be done with it. We had a beautiful summer day today. It's still too hot to sleep but it seems crazy to turn on the air conditioning in mid-February.

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  7:50:12 PM  Show Profile

This is not wood.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 09 2015 7:51:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  10:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I too love your poem. You are a gifted writer.

Janiee, good going on the rat. I had a Dalmatian that was a great mouser. the cats would bring them in to "play". If they ran towards Dice, they were goners. Never knew what hit them. He was fast.

GG, I love what they can do nowadays with flooring. It will last forever I'm sure. Hope all your hard work is over soon and you can get back to the fun stuff.

I sold a jacket this morning. It was kind of np cool. I went to bad last night and thought in my head I would really like to sell that jacket. I needed the money badly. And this morning at around 8:30am, I heard a chaching. Jacket sold! Now for the fairy skirts!

Holly, your baked potato bar sounded great!

Nite all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

The temperature plummeted last night turning all the snow melt into ice. Even Mitzi was careful during her morning walk. Now it is snowing - large flakes. This is potentially dangerous.

Cindy - Oh that is a lovely poem. The divine is in the earth. In the pagan tradition, Father is the sky and Mother is the earth. It is so true that the earth abides and heals.

Bunny - Good for you! The mind is so powerful. I love that grey sweater dress with the cable down the middle front.

Gypsy - Lovely floor. In an apartment down the hall, the wood floors are being sanded. It is such a racket but they will look really nice.

Holly - I used to go to this place called One Potato Two which made baked potatoes to order. I always got the broccoli and cheese. Yum Yum Yummy!

I am at home today washing dishes, doing laundry, reading and making gorp for Dungeons & Dragons tomorrow. It will be a good day.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile
It is a beautiful day here in NC. Getting spring fever, but it is supposed to turn back cold Thursday. I have been out enjoying the day. I took a break and am watching an episode of Outlander. But have to get back up soon. Going to start some cabbage seeds. Can't wait until gardening season gets here. #128512;

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  11:04:24 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 2:49:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  2:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Marie--what is gorp? Isn't that what Klingons eat?
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  4:00:16 PM  Show Profile
GG, no it was the black wool one. Oh how I wish the quilted one would sell.,I'm sure that will take a while.

Gorp is a mixture of nuts, M&Ms , and anything else good you can think of. Kind of like a trail mix. Nothing like what Klingons eat.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  4:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh--I was thinking of Glock. That's what Klingons eat. Can you tell I'm tired?
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  4:37:28 PM  Show Profile
No the Klingons eat gaK. It is a specific kind of worm which comes in many varieties. Some are smooth, some are scaly and crunchy, some have legs like a centipede. They are eaten while still alive. Boy am I a GEEK!

A Glock is a German handgun.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Feb 10 2015 4:38:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  5:17:45 PM  Show Profile
LOL.....Marie, you forgot to tell her what "gorp" is.....Cindy, gorp is "old fashion raisins and peanuts" , a precursor to trail mix! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  5:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have heard of Klingons but I never knew what the ate, nor really had an interest in finding out but, WOW worms of all shapes, sizes and textures. Someone sure did have an active imagination for that one. lol

Gorp a mixture we used to make in Girl Scouts when we went on a hike. It had frosted flakes, raisins, peanuts and m&m's.

The temperature went up to 18 F today. the sun was bright in the afternoon and the boys went out sledding. Now, they did sled down the road/driveway which they are not supposed to do and they did go past tree line which they are not supposed to do. They did come back a live and laughing and so proud of them selves. They are boys and if they did not disobey we would wonder what was wrong with them.

DsT did not play again tonight. Why have boys on the team if they are not going to play. I wonder if the coach has any idea how hurtful his practice of only playing a few boys is to the ones who are not given a chance. the coach said, a person practices piano all the time and then has a recital. The recital is not for learning to play and that is his philosophy at basketball. It must be terrible for DsT because last year he played every game. I suggested he turn in his uniform and he told me no. He is resilient.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  5:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Bunny had explained gorp. I thought it would be more important to define Glock because eating that is very dangerous.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
I don't know glock from gork but I know what a moron is. T's coach. He is not teaching those boys right. That makes me mad. Holly, I would want to have a word with him.

GG
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Ah, now we have "The World According to Gorp"--sorry, I couldn't resist. and no, I wouldn't want to eat a handgun. I knew that Klingons eat worms--disgusting, especially when Captain Riker ate some, too. And they were still alive. Yech.
Holly--I feel bad that the coach won't let DsT play. Especially since he knows HOW to play. I was on the softball team in college for one season but I never really got to play cause it was the first time I'd ever been on a team. I wasn't very good cause all the other girls had played in high school. But if I'd known how to play and the coach wouldn't put me in--that would be frustrating.
I've decided to go wireless and give up my landline phone. I bought a router and my brother is going to help set it up. I love my new Smartphone. I'm trying to overcome my lack of technological knowledge.
I love old-fashioned things, love to look at kitchen utensils in antique stores and try to figure out what they were used for but I don't want to get left behind by the rest of the world. I'm all for the APPROPRIATE use of technology.
The weather here can't decide if it's still winter or spring is just around the corner.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page