doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  2:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Mar, that is such a great statement....we are supposed to do some soul searching......quotable and profound. Wisdom only an "over 50" would possess.

I got my little desk in the door and cleaned up but not "dressed" yet. It was like saying hello to an old friend. B has discovered the attic and wants to build himself a man cave up there and furnish it with most of my other old pieces. He loves them. He wants his own hideaway Walden. I'm so glad we get to keep the pieces. I'm a bit over the top when it comes to desks. I have four. It's the little cubby holes and drawers that I like.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 25 2015 2:29:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  2:25:36 PM  Show Profile

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  2:26:37 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 5:51:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:29:50 PM  Show Profile
I love these kinds of desks myself. I have a desk given to me by an ex-boyfriend which is unfinished. Someday I will finish it.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh, G, she's pretty! Love the legs and the pull out support for the writing table. Have you found a chair for her? I'm still crazy about your wall color and flooring. I think a hide away for dh sounds wonderful. It is nice to just be surrounded by stuff you like.

Last visit, dd noticed that I had my Trader Joe's Ginger Mints tin on the shelf in the sunroom. She commented and I said, "I just like the colors and design." She said, "There you go." It really doesn't matter what it is, does it?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Marie, where do you keep unfinished projects the size of a desk in your apartment? All my old boyfriend stuff is GONE.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Actually, I have an old oak piano stool that was an antique when my mother gave it to me as a child. I sat on it in front of my dresser to get ready for every date I ever had. It's in storage now. I think it will fit up underneath the desk just right. It does not match and I like elegant mixed with rustic. There isn't room for a chair so I thought of that old stool. This house has turned out to be a fun project. Next week I should be ready to unveil the arts and crafts room. Also I should have bearded iris blooming.

GG
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Trader Joe ginger mints? How did I miss those-- I think I've got to have some. Love things in tins. I can never throw them out.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, glad you enjoyed my creative endeavors. That tablecloth dress is popular. However not with anyone that can fit in it.

I worked in the sewing room today. I didn't like the dresses I was going to put in the art show. So I made something different. I had the day off so made the best of it.

It's still gloomy outside.

GG, I love your little desk! I have a small antique desk with a pull down desk part. I agree on the little cubbies and drawers. I think a man cave for B is a wonderful idea. Maybe soundproof it and put his TV up there so you don't have to listen to is news channel.

Marie, I'm glad your little guy is doing better. He will remember your efforts later in life.

Mar, poor yellow dog! at least there are plenty of good walking spots.

Sorry, but I'm tired out. I need a nap. I have a meeting tonight so need a bit of rest.

Later all!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:53:08 PM  Show Profile
The desk is put together. It just isn't stained and varnished. It has a leaf top and nice little cubby holes. He also got me a shelf which sits on top of it making a nice book shelf above the desk. I'll get you a picture.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  4:09:16 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 5:53:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  4:14:41 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 18 2019 5:53:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  4:30:50 PM  Show Profile
GG, yes! I think I could put it to good use. It will get cut up of course.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  4:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very lovely day here in the Green Mountains. The sky was a gorgeous spring blue. The temperatures were in the high thirties. The wind was light. We went out for a snow shoe. The snow is still quite deep here. We are probably down to 30 inches. I heard on Mount Mansfield, at the Stowe ski area the snow is 82 inches at the stake. Anyway the snow is disappearing in downtown Montpelier. The weather guessers are saying rain tomorrow and in the night.

I have started my perennial herb seeds and most of them are up but not to the second leaf stage. Mar! planting tomatoes outside already? I thought I might start my seeds the second week of April so the plants would be ready to go out the beginning of June. The difference in our climates at the same latitude is amazing.

You all could post some pictures of the beautiful flowers in your areas so I could have flower envy. :)

Tai Chi was fun last night. Some of us have started to learn the sword. It is a form or series of different movements with a long narrow sword. But not as narrow as a fencing sword. Most of the swords are made out of wood. Mine is plastic. I gave the websites to C to order me a sword and she read all of the ads. This one said it would not nick the edges so she picked it figuring the boys could not destroy it if they got hole of it. And probably so they would not skewer each other either.

I took the boys outside for a snow shoe today because I could not stand to be inside with the sun shining and the temperatures warm. Spring was beckoning. I do get antsy to be outside. Mud season fever.

A few days ago when the weather was so cold we had two red winged blackbirds at our feeder. I think they arrived north looking for a nice nesting ground to find their regular feed still covered with snow.

I like the little desk. I have a little table that I used as a telephone table when the telephone sat on a table. It is of the same design.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  5:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, you will have to wash it. I see one small stain and one edge torn but I figured you would cut it up anyway. It's a little yellowed from sitting in the drawer for years. The design is pretty.

Holly you must have used a zoom lense to catch those blackbirds. I don't think we have them here.
I'm hoping to get lots of pics of the flowers this year.

Here is one of the first blue bonnets this year.
GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 25 2015 5:35:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  05:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Worried about His Dudeness' cough last night, so did not sleep until after 1:30 sometime. Now I am at the office and possibly not as sharp as I could be. Thank goodness for coffee!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  12:23:43 PM  Show Profile
For Cindy and Bunny.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile
GG -- Too funny.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Coffee is my friend. We visit several times a day. Of course, if I didn't adore coffee, I might not be allowed to live in this area of the country where it is considered an art. Love your poster, GG. And the blue bonnets. Holly, great feathered friend photo!

Got my new crown today. Not tiara like, in my mouth. It goes really high into the gumline to help me combat bone loss! Whee.

Have any of you tried the new air fryers? They were tested by Consumers Report and they mentioned that three of the testers went out and bought the brand they ranked highest. It uses a convection heat and much less oil... for instance to make french fries out of two potatoes you use a tablespoon of olive oil. I let you know how "great" it is. I used my Discover card cashback bonus points and got 20 percent more by getting Bed Bath and Beyond gift certificates and then used their 20% off coupon. So, saved a bit.

Hope everyone is warm and busy.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Mar, let us know how you like the fryer. I'd like to have one if it works. I do not have a deep fryer.

Yes coffee! I don't think I could get going before noon if I didn't have my one cup every day. I did have the best cup of coffee ever when I was in Seattle last year.

Bunny, will you shoot me an email with your address-I have it somewhere but it might take me a week to find it.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not like coffee. It is not something that I ever grew up enough to enjoy. I do like the smell of some of the flavors. Probably remembering when my mother made it at home.

It rained all day today. The snow pack is down to about 15 inches here on the hill.

A neighbor's dh called her tonight from the health center. He could not drive home, could she come and get him. He and she are now at the hospital because he probably has a kidney stone that has moved down the chute into his ureter. Their two youngest children are downstairs with C now because two of their older boys enjoy torturing them and can not be trusted to keep them safe at home.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  7:57:01 PM  Show Profile
It snowed on my birthday. Spring snow is heavy and wet. We got about 3 inches or so. The temperatures have been cool so it is melting slowly. It has been cleared off the sidewalks by the sun but is still sticking to the frozen ground. I don't have anywhere to go for most of the day tomorrow so I may pick some dog droppings out of the yard.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  8:30:22 PM  Show Profile
GG, love the poster and the blue bonnets. I just sent you my address. Don't worry about stains. I'm just going to cut it up anyway.

I love the smell of coffe and the taste with tons of sugar and cream. I mess it up good. My morning mocha is milk, nestles chocolate powder and instant coffee. I call it my white trash mocha. I don't want to pay Starbucks prices. Too easy to make something at home I like just as much. I LOVE Coffee ice cream.

I had today and have tomorrow off. I spent the day running around town doing eerrands
The newspaper messed up my garage sale ad. They failed to put the address and date. So now my sale isn't for two weeks because next weekend is Easter.

I took my three dresses to the art center and found out I do not need a picture of myself. Yay!! They wanted pictures of my submissions.

I got another email from Altered Couture. A sweater I made will be in I think the Auguest issue. A red jacket they have had for a year and a half is finally coming back to me. I told the editor, if they haven't used it so far, it is time to get it back. I was afraid they had maybe lost it and were putting me off while they frantically tried to find it. We will see.

I still have to make some things for the May art show. I'm going to have to step it up a bit. I'm a little intimidated.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  06:46:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow! No address nor date -- not much of an ad. I hope they gave you the next one for free!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile
So nobody thinks I am nuts -- I was laughing at the poster of the pesticide or whatever being spread on the field because of the earlier comment about putting vinegar (someone's auto-correct had made it vinagrette) on a plant to get rid of it. Now that I come to think of it -- it may have been on a different forum. Oh my. Perhaps my coffee has not kicked in!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page