True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  3:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We have rain from late this afternoon onward. Temperatures were in the low forties until then. As the sun went down the temperatures hovered around freezing. Just enough that as the rain hit the ground it froze. I heard from someone that there was a fifteen car accident on rte 89 at sunset. So, the interstate was closed. My tai chi teacher called and cancelled because someone spun out in front of him and he missed hitting the spinner but ended up off the road and decided to go home. I thought that was a good idea. I was going to stay home as it was.

DdK took the littles to the Flynn theatre to see Percy Jackson. It is based on the book the lightning thief. There is also a movie. They enjoyed the show. We talked about how the play had to be different from the movie because of the difference in the medium and the time frame allowed.
DdK texted C to bring home cough medicine to help her sleep. She texted cough and it auto corrected to sex. Seeing how some of your posts are switched with auto correct I thought you might have a good chuckle.

The neighbor's son is waiting for some woman that he had sex with for a baby to be born to have genetic testing done to see if he is the father. We said to him, remember condoms? they are your friend. She had her older child taken by DCF because she is a druggie. I think she is 23.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  4:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I'm laughing because just today Ted Cruz made a comment about condoms and he was crucified.

I consider myself an independent in politics. My children and I have some great debates. The spouses want to get rabid and then they see how productive and stimulating it is to have calm dialog in which we are all free to respectfully disagree and present our opinions which we must have facts to support. I appreciate that my children have an opinion and I do not need them to agree with me. I am very involved in politics but not on here.

It's a relief to have the photo mystery resolved and that it was just a glitch in the program. Considering this is free, I'm not about to complain. I do wish it could be private to paid members only though.

We had lovely sunshine for a while but then it turned cloudy again. The days are so short it seems I just get going and it's getting dark again.

I made a Thai curry for dinner and it was just ok. Not as good as the good Thai restaurants. I'll keep working on it.
We are on a new page and I can't go back to read the other posts without losing this so will wish you all a good night.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  5:16:36 PM  Show Profile
It will be nice to have our photos stay put!

Bunny, thanks for offering a solution. I guess we will all just keep on keeping on... How are you doing with the ice storm?

I'm all for birth control and sex medicine to help you sleep. How's that for political? I bet C did a double take at that text.

Today was our first morning in several days that we had not hit freezing overnight. So I took off across the decking with great purpose on my way to feed this morning. And promptly fell on my backside. It happened quickly and I got my hand down to catch myself. Kind of jammed my wrist, but the tenderness passed quickly. I'm fine, but I feel like I slipped and fell. That's really the best way to explain how I feel.

Dh and I put up three lit circles and a bunch of shatter resistant ornaments in the gazebo. I like how they look like the lit gloves are just floating. We used fishing line. I also got the blue spruce lit up. Tomorrow I'll do the front railing. 'Tis the season.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  6:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Mar, it is waaaayyy too cold here! My truck is still making its unhappy sound in the morning but not quite as bad.
I was having a major hot flash this morning and just couldn't deal with putting on a coat over my thick sweater to head off to work. Yeah, well hot flashes don't last forever. Coming home was a different story all together. Plus diesels don't heat up very well. So it really doesn't pay to turn on the heater. You just get cold air.

I was able to force myself to get fuel. Wonderful thing about Oregon is you are not allowed to pump your own fuel. Yay!

I am glad they have our picture issue fixed.....I hope. When I am on my laptop instead of my iPad, I will post pictures of my last two creations. We will see...

Mar, kinda scary about you falling an all with your spine issues. Glad you are OK. Now stop doing that!

G, Thai curry is my Favorite!! We have a place here in town that does a wonderful job. I would never be able to reproduce it. Good for you for trying at least.
I get you on the political stuff. I'm moderate myself. I did block a "friend" on Facebook for his rants. It just got old after a while.

Holly, don't you just love autocorrect! My favorite cuss word gets changed to duck every time. Makes it kind of funny to write. Defiantly lightens the mood.

I woke up feeling bad this morning. Kind of empty inside. It was a bit scary because I didn't know where it was coming from. I had to really take stock of my life and work on the belief that everything is good right now. Other than the fact I live with my mom and sister, everything else is going pretty well. I have a bit of money, a job and I actually made more with my etsy site than my day job this month.
Interesting that the bad stuff can overwhelm the good stuff so completely. Feeling a bit better tonight. But had to share.
Hope that is OK.

Nite all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  7:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I totally agree with you. It is way too cold here in the Tri-Cities too. Barely got above freezing today. Gloomy and overcast here. We saw sunshine for a bit, for which I am grateful.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  03:33:43 AM  Show Profile
The empty gloomies get me this time of year, too. Used to be worse when I was in Western Washington - so dark there. Not so bad here, but the after-Thanksgiving time is still a challenge. It is rainy and dark this morning and I do NOT want to get up. I should have taken some sex medicine before bed, I guess.

Today is Rotary. I love being a Rotarian - good friends and a good conduit for doing work in the community. But we have a District Governor-Elect who is at our meetings a lot and his leadership style really bugs a lot of people. He is truly dedicated and a very hard worker, but sometimes he seems to forget that lots of us are still working and can't do philanthropy full time! He sent me a half dozen e-mails trying to get me to attend some training meeting that was held yesterday evening in a town that would have taken me about an hour and a half to get there and got me home after 10. Sorry, but I am just not up for that right now. Probably borrowing trouble, but I am hoping he is not at our meeting today. Our topic today will be our new inclusive playground - the guy from the playground equipment company will be there to talk about the newest version of the plans. It's an optimistic project for our little club, but we will see it done.

Okay - enough visit - I should at least get out of bed and make an effort.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  03:42:11 AM  Show Profile
My mom fell and twisted her knee on Monday. Sigh. She couldn't drive so mu uncle took her to the dr. yesterday. I gave her an ace wrap bandage I had and bought her an ice pack. She says she's "All right". Tis the season--for family-induced stress.
Holly--where can I get that sex medicine!? Auto correct must be fun.
Marilyn--I think some people think "condom" is the same as "condo" and they say, "Sorry, I can't afford one". I know a friend whose brother has fathered something like nine kids and he's never been married. She only has one daughter. Apparently she got all the smart genes.
Mar--please be careful. My mom said she was sitting on a heating pad the other night--not sure that's how they're supposed to be used but whatever works.
Bunny--I understand that emptiness feeling. I get it when I hear nothing but Christmas songs on the radio. I've had that feeling off and on since I was young--I remember reading a Maurice Sendak book called "Higglidy, Pigglidy, Pop: Or, There Must Be More to LIfe" when I was in second grade. My dreams have always far exceeded my realities. I think that's what fuels my creativity--maybe that's why you're creative.
G--I hope the picture issue is resolved now. I enjoy your pictures and it's weird when you post a picture of the beach and it's changed to a Christmas craft.
My back has been hurting for at least three weeks now so I made an appointment to see my dr. and can't get in till the 10th. I do a lot of lifting at work so I need a strong back. I have a few indoor Christmas decorations put up. Don't like to do it all at once--I'm going with a rustic theme this year. Also trying to get my basement cleaned up--there's a reason why I call it the dungeon. Have lost some weight and I wore a pair of pants to work Monday and since I couldn't find my belt, I had to keep yanking them up. Now I've found my belt so don't have to worry about droopy drawers.
I think it's supposed to be sunny today so I hope the rain leaves everyone alone so we can enjoy the sun. I also enjoy looking at the "consolations".
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  06:28:45 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- Sorry about your mother's fall. I think we all worry about that kind of thing -- not just for our folks, but for us as well. I love your comments about the condoms!!! I may use that.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  3:38:40 PM  Show Profile
Testing:

Here is what the beach looks like in Texas. Note the sign.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  4:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It took me a minute to figure out the sign. I will not be climbing on the sand dunes. I guess the rattlesnakes like the heat. Good way to keep people from causing the dunes to erode.
There is a conservation project here to save the timber rattlers. There are two places in the state where they live and neither are near me.

DdK has a pilonidal cyst. It is at the end of her tail bone. She had a flare up when she was 9. They cut and drained it then and packed it until it healed. Now she is 19 and it is back. She saw the dr on Monday and he put her on antibiotics and we had an appointment to see the surgeon on Dec. 10. She was in a lot of pain last night so C took her to the ER. They did a CAT scan to see where it was then they lanced it. C said it was so gross and stunk something awful. About a beaker of grossness came out. They packed it and she has to go back to her primary on Friday and still see the surgeon. It is draining a lot. She is not in pain anymore. We are all relieved that she is not in pain anymore.

C has been told officially that the state is out sourcing her department.They will start looking for companies to bid after January 6. C thinks by the end of the fiscal year she will no longer have a job. she is in a twist and feeling very used and hung out to dry. They heard this news from the union not from their boss. We will manage and she will come through shining as she always does. She is resourceful and skilled.

Sorry for the fall, Mar. Bumbles bounce but we don't anymore.

I have told several people now about the condo/condom line. We will pass it on.

I was hoping the nasty noise from the diesel was past. I am glad Etsy came through for you and people are noticing your wares and buying. I hope the sales continue.

Where's Ann. I would like to know if all of the preg checks are complete and how many pregnant cows there are. Maybe because we have not heard anything she is off being a new grandmama. I saw a website in BC that sells roses for cold weather climates. I was reading a book and it said if you live in the north buy roses from the north and they might survive. I would like to have enough rose petals to make pot pourri.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  5:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Well that sounds supremely unpleasant for both C and ddK. I am glad she has some relief. Why do companies seem to always make out sourcing decisions at this time of year. They should do it on the spring when everyone is happy. I hope C gets an offer that will make her feel useful very soon. Sorry for the added stress this brings to your family, holly.

Thanks for telling me what the sign said,I could not get it to enlarge. Let's see what you're beach scape turns into!

Mar
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  7:55:52 PM  Show Profile
I have had a pilonidal cyst lanced twice and operated on twice. They certainly are not at all fun.

Companies will always do big changes at the end of the quarter to make the next quarter look better. I have been laid off at least twice right before Christmas.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  06:44:57 AM  Show Profile
The sock knitting contest has finally been declared OVER, and I actually won a prize! After all the big prizes for last knitter standing and most kills, last knitter standing in each platoon, first kill, etc., they make random drawings. We were encouraged to post pictures of additional pairs of sox knit from the contest patterns, and I think I did at least two additional pairs and posted them. So I won a skein of sock yarn in the random drawing for the Twist and Shout pattern that I chose. I finished Dude's second pair of sox last night and he put them on this morning. I have to take a little break from sock knitting because a) I have a serious case of knitter's elbow right now -- very uncomfortable...and b) I need to sew up that little fox toy for Christmas.

My rasta lady customer is due in today to make her payment. I am really hoping she's on her meds. She wears me out otherwise.

It is blustery and wild outside this morning! Just wonderful weather for walking -- as long as you're bundled up enough. I got 2.19 miles in and it was lovely. I stopped for my coffee on the way back, and a few of us ladies who work in town were talking about our emergency preparedness plans (or lack thereof). So many of us are working in older buildings without lots of exits and working by ourselves a lot. One of the gals has a young man calling her cell phone repeatedly and she's not really sure if he's just a socially inept teenager or if he's really trouble. I hate having to think this way, but we are all just trying to be a little bit more aware and be careful. My desk backs up to the back wall of the office and there's just a storage room behind me, but if things got yucky I could lock myself in back there. I keep my cell phone handy all the time. Ever since that big guy charged at my desk, I have been very watchful. Dude is gone a lot of the time, but we are usually out of here before it gets too late and we are never here in the nighttime.

G -- No dune climbing for me! I will gladly leave them and their denizens alone. Snakes don't creep me out like spiders do (I mean, I can look at a picture of a snake without getting the shivers, but not so with spiders), but I have a very healthy respect for them and would just as soon not encounter one. We have the nonvenomous kind in our woodpile -- keeps the mice population somewhat in check. A few weeks ago we came across a venomous one -- water moccasin -- and Dude chopped it in pieces. We went back a few minutes later to look at it and something had carried off both halves. We have foxes, so I imagine that's what took it.

Speaking of foxes, I should get my nuisance work done so I can get to the fun stuff -- like my little fox! Have a great day, Goddesses.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had a nickel for every time I have heard the excuse "I really got slammed this week" from my ex when he didn't get something done when he had promised it.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:28:06 AM  Show Profile
G's dune picture is now Christmas stuff!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:30:19 AM  Show Profile
Well I missed G's beach pic! Looks like the picture glitch is NOT fixed!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrating.... I have not seen any of the latest pics because of this damn glitch!!!! I so wanted to see Bunny and her kiddo!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Mel, I'll try to post it again.
The photo thing is getting a bit out of hand. Especially when you don't know where your photo is now posted.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile

l'm doing this from my phone. Let's see if it works.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Let's see how long these last.lol

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Look fast, everyone -- look fast!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  10:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Hahaha, don't you know it.!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bunny which side do young men wear their medals on? You have a great smile.

I was amused that the picture was changed. I wonder if this is happening on the other boards.

It was cold and rainy all day. Sometimes we had snow flurries and bits covering the ground. I worked in the green house a little trying to cover the spaces where the rafters for the roof meet the walls. I did the sections in which the spacing was 11 inches. Then I had to measure the spaces that were left. So much for being consistent in the spacing of the rafters, makes the building more interesting.

DdK is not feeling poorly right now. She will go to see the primary care tomorrow and maybe that will slow her down a little again.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, let me again apologize for this picture swapping issue and I share in your frustration. Our computer folks have assured me that they have identified the problem and will be able to get a fix in place by mid-day tomorrow. Thanks again for your continued patience, we do appreciate it!

Lucas
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:47:23 PM  Show Profile
I recognize the picture that replaced Gypsy's beach from the Christmas Pocket Letter Swap.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Holly, They are worn on the left I believe. He actually had them switched wrong and had to fix them. One of his buddies pointed it out before all the other guests arrived.

The camera does not love me and I hate to have my picture taken. I look so old! People that meet me and hear my age say I don't look my age. I sure look it here! I only took these for you ladies. I did post the one with both of us looking at the phone on facebook.

Cold here but should warm up to 40 degrees. That should melt the snow on the roads. It is very icy and they don't plow the roads at all here.
At 40 degrees my truck will not make that terrible sound. Yay!
I had the last two days off. I am rearranging one part of the basement for my sister to have her own space. She is living in the living room right now and my mom asked if I could make a space for her bed and all her things.
I was able to pull it off. Lots of work but having her in the basement might be nice. (she will probably go through all my stuff though. She already told me she has checked stuff out.She had tried on a few of my creations without me knowing. She is very large and I am hoping she doesn't ruin anything. She still thinks she is a medium instead of a 2x. Sigh.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly