doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  10:10:26 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn isn't judging anyone. She's just telling it like it is. I wouldn't put up with those characters one minute. There certainly are people who genuinely need help and it seems like they have such a hard time getting help while the bums and derelicts manage to get on the dole and live off the system. They are parasites and leeches who bog down the system so the people who really need help can't get it. I don't have sympathy for the drug addicts that become permanent moochers. I also don't have sympathy for people who can work and get off public assistance and choose not to.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  10:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Mar, what a beautiful cabinet! Great score there. Now make a mess!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  06:29:18 AM  Show Profile
Mar -- the cabinet is beautiful, especially the story behind it. And I loved the clean floors, too.

Thanks for the backup, G. Yes, I understand that many people need the disability system. It's a shame that so many healthy and unworthy people are abusing it, so that many people can't get the help they need. As far as the love goes, I will reserve that for my family and friends, and I can take care of my own job, thanks.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile
I wish text could convey the tone of my voice as I wrote my last post. The voice in my head was kind and loving. After reading it again, I can see how it could sound like a rant. <Just heard a large clap of thunder.> The word "judging" was a poor choice. I apologize. I guess all the people I see really need help and are doing so much better emotionally on disability. I also have a character flaw that causes me to believe everyone is a good person and I do believe that until I see proof otherwise. I do know that we are all fighting a hard battle and we all use the tactics that work for us.

I apologize if I had offended. I am so glad I have friends I can trust to tell me so.

What a great sewing cabinet Marianne and such a good deal. I wish I had room for something like this.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Dec 16 2015 07:24:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  08:01:15 AM  Show Profile
I received my random drawing prize from Sock Sniper yesterday. It's a bit too bright for sox for His Dudeness -- My Major Award!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  10:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Today is the last day of our balmy weather, supposed to freeze tomorrow night.

I have to tell this tale on myself. I did this once a long time ago and never forgot it. This time it was an accident

At Costco I decided to try to save money and buy their brand of laundry soap and dishwasher soap.

Last night I loaded my dishwasher and thought the new soap was kinda thin for dishwasher soap. Fortunately I was still in the kitchen when the soap bubbles started coming. Normally I wait and start it when we go to bed because in this small house it makes us have to turn up the tv. Anyway, the gods that be showed some mercy and had me turn it on early. Always something to be thankful for.

Yep--it was dish soap, not dishwasher soap.

I'm so glad we did not go with real wood floors. All my towels are wet. I'm going now to the dollar store for Cascade.

Have a good day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  10:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I love that girly color. Make yourself some sox for a change. I'm betting you make them for everyone but you.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  11:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I think the pinkity pink pink is destined for me! It might scar my retinas just to knit with it, but WOW! Talk about knocking someone's sox off.

My dear sweet Dude has done the dishwasher floor mopping twice since I have known him! Once was at the barnhouse where I used to live, and we used it as an opportunity to give the awful old linoleum a good wash. The last time was at our house and I think there might have been some wine involved. I am glad that the planets aligned for you to catch it before it was too late. We turn ours on when we head to bed, too. Or in the morning when we leave for work.

On that topic --- we are on a well, and I have been somewhat more concerned about ground water contamination since we garden and all. So I have been looking for a good less-toxic laundry soap and dishwasher soap. When we were visiting in Alaska, the daughter (who is incredibly "green") was using "Nellie's Laundry Soda." I washed a couple of loads of our things and was very pleased, so when I got home I did some research and it sounded really good. I bought a can of it online (comes in the cutest metal canister) and have been so very happy with the results -- I am on my second canister! No perfumes, no stinky smell in my front-loading machine, gets the clothes nice and clean with no additives. I saw that Nellie's makes a dishwasher product as well. Some of the online reviews were iffy -- seemed to depend on if you were on city water or well water. I took a chance and could not be happier with it! Even the glassware is so clear and there's no residue on anything. I had read so many people at MJF were making their own detergents, but I never could muster up the "oomph" to make my own. This is a good alternative for me and I feel better about not doping everything up with fragrances and other gunk. So there's my testimonial.

The director of our local Senior Center is a Rotarian and gave some "happy bucks" today at lunch. This morning during a card game, one of the seniors had some kind of seizure and keeled over at the table. A couple of staffers and a volunteer jumped right in. She had no pulse and was not breathing -- they did CPR and got on the defibrillator. They took care of her until the EMTs arrived. By the time they got her in the ambulance she was breathing on her own, and regaining some consciousness. He was very understandably proud of his staff and grateful for the volunteers.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  1:00:38 PM  Show Profile
MArilyn, maybe you could alternate another color to tone it down a bit. Love the rescue story. I bet her family is thankful.
I am going to look up the soap. Sounds like good stuff.

G, I did the dishwasher thing in high school Lola. I can just picture it.

I'm typing on a very small tablet with a mind of its own. Later ....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  2:26:26 PM  Show Profile
I appreciate the soap tip also. I just googled it and it says walmart and target carry it. we have a big target here.
"....."...............................

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 10 2016 5:47:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  3:37:40 PM  Show Profile
I received a card from Holly today with a picture she had taken. It made my day--thank you, Holly.
Marie--I am glad that you are free. Major stress is a terrible thing to live with and that's why I work at a low stress job. I tried and couldn't handle a professional position. I had a boss who drove someone to commit suicide---deliberately. If that's the way the professional world is, leave me out. My wish for the world is that everyone could be happy and free. That's what most people really want in life, after all. I save my venom for the terrorists who kill innocent people and make this world a difficult place. Like you, I have a heart condition--I care too much, feel too much, trust too much--which is exactly what makes me a "farmgirl".
Ya'll have a great evening.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  5:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi, loved the asparagus berries, holly. That is such a beautiful photo.I have it on display for everyone to see, not in the card basket with the other holiday cards. I loved the wish for the new year, thank you.

My sewing cabinet is fairly organized. I told dh that it was the epitome of getting the biggest new purse ever. I always enjoy organizing a purse with lots of pockets and stuff. Tomorrow I hope to finish my last Christmas project.

Mom's Medicare cost went up significantly because her income was so high last year. We'll, yes. She sold her house and that counts in this instance... next year it should return to her normal rate.

Dh is going to shoot in the morning and asked if I wanted to come. I have too many things to wrap up ( literally) before Christmas. I think he was disappointed. He has a conceal permit. I don't think I am someone who should have one.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  5:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Most of you should have received a card. G yours is in the country house mail box. Marilyn I do not have your address nor Ann's. Mel I only have your pre move address. Betty I htinkI have never had yours. I did send you an email but then thought it might have gotten lost in the aether. So, I would be glad to send you one as well. I am glad you all like the picture. I thought it was very pretty this year. Some years I put sparkles in but thought it did not need them.

I too have a heart condition. It is probably the main reason I live a the end of a half mile dirt road and do the work I do. I do not need to go to an office. My women have lived with me for a long time and have private guardians so they will not be removed by the powers that be unless I screw up big time. I think those of us with more sensitive hearts are probably empaths. I think the quiet of the hill keeps me from going over the edge. If I had to go and deal with idiots day in and day out I would not do well.

We use draw string bags for out winter holiday gifts. Maybe you should make some of those so you do not have to wrap. I bet your packages are beautiful when you are done.

G I am sorry your relationship is so rocky. Hugs to you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Dec 16 2015 6:56:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  5:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I got my card too. Love the berries. Your pictures as always are wonderful.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  6:06:52 PM  Show Profile
I am home now... Details tomorrow.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  7:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome home Ann--looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope everything was fine on the Homefront when you returned.

My relationship is pretty good right now. Don't take me too seriously. I find that the less serious I am, the easier life is.

I will look forward to the card, Holly. I love your cards.

I have a tender heart for those who need it and a zero tolerance for those who don't, and I'm pretty good at telling the difference. I believe strongly in a hand up but not a hand out. I think we mostly all agree on that.

i look forward to hearing all your stories. We are an interesting group.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  07:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Ann -- I think we are all looking forward to hearing your news. I know when I leave my desk for 2 days there are 5 days' worth of work when I get back --- I can't imagine what your farm work looks like!

The rain they had promised us has arrived. Being a Seattleite, I still got my walk in. That's what a raincoat with a hood is for. I don't carry an umbrella -- I don't like something extra to carry and if the wind blows it can get too tricky. Besides, I have to have hands free to carry my coffee and scone back to the office! On my way this morning, I kicked two puppies and spit at a widow lady who was begging on the sidewalk. Other than that, it was all just unicorns and rainbows.

Have a great day, everyone.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  08:11:24 AM  Show Profile
Touché.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:06:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, the rainbows are from the rain, right? ;-)
Love you gals. You make me laugh.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:19:15 AM  Show Profile
It's snowing like crazy here. I get a snow day at home....yay! Time to turn up the heater in the basement and get some sewing done.

Sister has to go to work and making a big deal about shoveling snow to get to her car. Not feeling bad for her. I'm bad I know.

Today is my X's birthday. Had to remind my sons as usual.

Ann, welcome home. I bet it is really cold there. It's a balmy 33 degrees here.

Marilyn, you wicked creature you. Kicking puppies..... I hate umbrellas. They always go inside out on me.

Good morning all!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, please do not stop telling your stories.

If there isn't a chat group for those struggling with mental health issues as many of us do from time to time, maybe someone should start one. Certainly that is a worthwhile subject and having a support group just for that particular thing could be a wonderful thing. Marie, you would be so good at monitoring something like that.
Just a thought.

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 17 2015 3:08:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:42:08 AM  Show Profile
Honestly, Bunny -- I think the weather has turned upside down! I'm glad you get to stay home, though. I love to sew on snow days. I can hear you chuckling an evil chuckle as Sister Dear struggles to shovel her car out. Bwa-ha-haaaaa Are you still working on the scrappy scarves? I still remind my ex of the grandkids' birthdays. Sigh. He just seems to lack that gene. He always remembered mine, though.

It is still raining. I have the little heater on under my desk. Got pretty damp this morning on my walk, and it feels good to get my feet warm. It is supposed to rain pretty much all day and then get colder. Right now is cold enough for me. Dude had to run over to the County Courthouse to file some paperwork for Brother's estate, so the boys in the shop have been taking the opportunity to CLEAN!!! They love to get a nice rainy day with no work on the lift and just throw stuff away and rearrange junk and sort through piles of "ick." Dude's grandfather started out in the junk business back in the 20s or 30s, and I think it's hard to breed that out of them -- he always wants to save everything "just in case." Jose just brought me a pile of papers which included a copy of Dude's father's WWII Army discharge papers.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:52:05 AM  Show Profile
It's snowing like crazy here. I get a snow day at home....yay! Time to turn up the heater in the basement and get some sewing done.

Sister has to go to work and making a big deal about shoveling snow to get to her car. Not feeling bad for her. I'm bad I know.

Today is my X's birthday. Had to remind my sons as usual.

Ann, welcome home. I bet it is really cold there. It's a balmy 33 degrees here.

Marilyn, you wicked creature you. Kicking puppies..... I hate umbrellas. They always go inside out on me.

Good morning all!!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  09:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for the double post. I think it is making up for all the lost ones.,

Snowflakes are getting bigger!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  2:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Just got back from covering the garden bed for the freeze tonight, although I don't think it will be enough to get the winter veggies. Also planted a few more onions.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page