Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  06:25:07 AM  Show Profile
From the "Be Careful What You Wish For" Department --- I kept saying that I wanted a whole week away from the office (away from the customers, really!) -- just a whole week to stay home. Well, last Friday (the 13th) I woke up with my throat closed up. I came ahead to work, thinking I would get better as the day progressed, but how wrong was I? I have spent the intervening time coughing, choking, gasping, coughing some more --- you get the picture. What a yucky yucky bug! It never went into my chest or caused a fever, but I couldn't sleep for the coughing fits. I have never had a virus like this one and I am quite glad it is on it's last legs, thank you very much!!!
Back at my desk now with a week's worth of paper to push.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  12:09:31 PM  Show Profile
We had a FOOT of snow over the weekend! There's still a deep pile where it came off the roof, at least a foot deep, but the drift WAS three feet! It's lovely out, sunny and warm, but oh, how we needed that SNOW! The fires north of us are no risk at all at the moment.

The BIG fire in Alberta is still raging (almost a million acres), but away from any towns or cities. The cowboy's daughter is scheduled to return to burned out Fort McMurray on June 2, as the people will be allowed to go back in voluntary, phased returns. That's pending getting the infrastructure back in place... gas, electric, water, etc.

Sounds nasty, Marilyn. Not the kind of break one needs. Glad you are on the mend again, even if it means going back to your desk.

I've been quilting, making angel dresses, and making photo books (have three albums ready to print.) And doing odd jobs for the cowboy. Branding will start soon.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on May 24 2016 12:12:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  12:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Ann -- So glad that the snow is a help to you! Sounds like there's still a lot of danger in Alberta, but we will keep a good thought.

I have most everything from my "To-Do" drawer caught up. Still a few trouble files, but they can wait until tomorrow.

We will be moving furniture out of our bedroom tonight -- the floor refinishers will be coming on Thursday morning to do the last part of the hardwoods. All that is left is the bedroom and the dining area, but it will still be a mess -- yucky. But that will be the last of the remodel -- HOORAY!!! I have to remember to cover that new beautiful piano and make sure NONE of the dust gets in.

I am tired from my first day back, but that's okay. It still feels good to be feeling better. :)

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  2:49:30 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad that everything has worked out well Marilyn.

Lowell had to come to get me out of school today. Apparently, his debit card wouldn't work. He had gone home and had found some paper in the recycling that had come with our new debit cards. Our bank was merged into another bank and they are getting things changed over. I must have missed the importance of these cards treating as I do any "fake" credit cards - I put them in my box of miscellaneous craft supplies to cut up later and make them into mosaics. That's where I found our new cards. WHEW! We authorized our cards and all was well. He called me later this afternoon to tell me that he wouldn't know what to do without me. aaaaahhhhhhh!

Iris blooms are out. Let us all honor our natural iris sisters.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  3:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am glad to hear from you, Marilyn. I am glad you are better. Be careful not to breathe the fumes of the floor preservative. That could do a number on your already sensitive breathing parts.

WOW! Ann. Snow! I guess that is normal for this time of year but geez after the very hot days........ I am glad the threat of fire has subsided for a while for you. I hope the water holes fill up for the cattle. I think Branding and castrating would not be on my top five list of chores to do on the ranch.

The iris are very pretty. Glad you got the debit cards straightened out. What a pain in the butt that would be.

DsC and I wound electric fence wire onto a wooden spool this morning. The old spool had split apart and I have been worried for a while that the animals would get their feet trapped in the wire. So, now that is passed.

Sunny this morning and rainy this afternoon. The littles are at their baseball game for the evening.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  3:40:03 PM  Show Profile
well, I found out some positive news. First of all, I was able to talk with my dad's dr. (turns out I am on their HIPAA contacts) so a new medicine has been prescribed to help my dad with the agitation. Thankful for my parents' former neighbor who works for this dr. I found out that both of my parents can move to assisted living--they will still be together and dad can get the help he needs and my mom can get a break. Now to convince her--she will say it's too expensive. She should be getting a check from selling their house this week so maybe my brothers can reason with her. The dr. thinks my dad needs to be evaluated (so do I) but I want to discuss it with my brothers and my mom. I know she is scared. But at least something is getting done, which is better than ignoring the problem (which my parents are good at). I guess my years of working in healthcare have not been for naught, as I know who to talk to to achieve anything.
Ann--so glad you got some snow! Will be praying for more, and rain. Sounds like it might be a while before Fort McMurray will be up and running again. I would not like branding cattle. I know there are new methods but don't know much about them.
Marilyn--what a yucky bug! Glad you are better. I have been sneezing a lot lately due to allergies.
Marie--it's good that Lowell has you in his life. I have a hard time keeping track of my bills. Don't have credit cards anymore--slowly paying them off but I've been getting it done. Sometimes I lose things and never do find them--I assume they got thrown in my recycle paper bin. I get a lot of junk mail.
Holly--sounds like maybe it's spring in New England? I just read today that the flowers are starting to emerge up that way.
The water company repaved the end of my driveway that they failed to properly fix two years ago when they dug up the road. So my car is temporarily parked on the street. I hope, when the cones are removed, that the pesky neighbors across the street don't use my driveway to turn around--which they often do. I will park my car so the rear is at the edge of the driveway. These particular neighbors are renters and have caused problems in the past. The police have been there a number of times. My other neighbors are all good.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  06:32:16 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- What a relief about your parents! Mine were in a similar situation, but with the genders reversed. They have been settling into their new assisted living apartment and it has done WONDERS for my dad. He is getting 3 good meals a day, plus snacks whenever he feels like it, and they have activities to keep my mom somewhat occupied so he can rest.

Mother went to the doctor on Monday for her check-up. She loves this doctor. She looks forward to her check-ups, because the possibility of illness makes her feel important and special. Well, at the end of the visit, she looked at her Diagnosis and Treatment Plan, and saw that the doctor had added "Dementia, mild" to her list of diagnoses. She hit the roof!!!!! She is mad mad mad at the doctor now. She told my brother she didn't want ANYONE to know, but then set about telling every other person at their new home all about it. She is so upset and angry that he would DARE to put that on her chart. Dear sweet Daddy is trying to console her by saying it's because she gets "forgetful sometimes," but we have all known it for ages, including Daddy. All the staff at their home already knew she had dementia, because we discussed it when I was there, and my brother made sure that they knew she had it.

Anyway, I am hopeful that now the doctor will prescribe some meds (and the staff will see that she takes them) that will help her be more calm and less upset all the time, which will help Daddy not to worry, as well. It's like walking a tight-rope with her all the time, now. I hope she will calm down before long. I think I will not call them this evening -- give it a couple more days for the dust to settle.

Marie -- Thanks for sharing your beautiful irises with us!

Holly -- Thanks for your concern. I hate when I can't post on here -- I think I need to iron out whatever the password issue is so I can post from my iPad as well.

I saw my dentist first thing this morning and had the permanent crown put on. Sooooooo happy with this new practice! The dentist takes real care and makes things perfect. The staff is friendly and cheerful and you can tell they like working there and like working with one another. That says a lot to me.

Dude had a doctor visit this morning, so I am here by myself for now. The Kettles had called 5 times before I got here and left EMERGENCY messages. They want a new battery for their car. Sigh. I called and told her that we would NOT be buying them a new battery - that is something they need to take care of for themselves. "But we ain't gettin' money 'til the first!" Then I guess you won't get a battery until the first. I am Meany McMeanerson!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  12:58:29 PM  Show Profile
So...my old puddin' head finally saw the doctor today and the doc confirmed that his back/hip pain is most likely sciatic nerve pain. (They did an x-ray to rule out anything else) So tonight we start our yoga stretches. This ought to be a hoot!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  6:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A very lovey day here in the Green Mountains. We had some rain and some high overcast clouds and some sunshine. Temperatures were in the high seventies F. The humidity is passable. We usually do not have this kind of weather until July. Sometimes I remember having hot springs but can not decide if that is all relative to the cold winter weather.

Marilyn, soon your mother will not remember why she is mad and then it will pass. I hope the stage in dementia when nothing makes a person angry happens soon to your mother. Glad your dad is eased.

Cindy you could put big flower pots at the end of your driveway so the cars could not turn around easily. But then the neighbors might just run over them and that would make a big mess for you. So, probably not such a good idea.

DsC is on an overnight at his Earthwalk program. He is very excited. I hope there are not thunder storms tonight. He will return tomorrow afternoon at the regular time. They sleep in tents. He is with three other boys and he has never slept in a tent before.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  07:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Holly -- I bet you got an earful of reporting about DsC's overnight! What an exciting adventure for him. The school district that my daughter attended had a sleep-away camp for a week for the 6th graders every year. They slept in cabins and had high school kids as some of their counsellors -- did a bunch of nature activities and outdoor science stuff --it was always the high point of the school year for them.

We are having some WARM weather at last -- just in time for the long weekend. Hopefully we won't get lots of T-storms, as we would like to spend as much time as possible on the boat. This will be our first time out this year, so we don't plan to go far -- we like to run her in a little before we get too far from our home marina. Last year, she was overheating some and we had to change out the thermostat right at the beginning of the season.

The floor guys were supposed to start work at 8 this morning, but texted and said they wouldn't be out until 8:30. Dude needed to talk to them, so we hung around and waited. The two rooms they have left to do are smaller and square, so they should be quicker than the first part. Unfortunately, the work falls over a long weekend, so that will stretch it out some, but I keep reminding myself that this is the last big "to do" we have.

The garden is growing well -- we will be having spinach and lettuce for a salad tonight. The squashes (zukes, cukes, pumpkins, etc.,) are all starting to pop -- the beans, as well. For some reason, either squirrels or chipmunks are getting to a lot of my sunflowers this year, but there are some spots where they are coming up. The nasturtiums and zinnias are starting to come up, as well. We have tomatoes and peppers, carrots, kale and Swiss chard. Good gracious! When I write it all down, it's no wonder my back was so sore after we planted!

Dude's doctor's office called this morning -- they did an EKG yesterday and want him to go see the cardiologist. Evidently there's a sporadic extra beat they want to check out. He reminded them that they had sent him to the cardiologist for this once before, back in 2009, so I am not too worried. He said they will do an echo and probably a stress test again, which he passed with flying colors before. I would rather they kept an eye on my old sweetheart, because I want to keep him around for a LONG time. I think his charms may be lost on most people, but I adore him. He is doing fasting blood sugar in the morning, too.

Nice and cool in here with my lights off and the fan and a/c running. It's a gorgeous day outside and I had a pleasant walk in the cool of the morning. Enjoy your day, Goddesses!

Farmgirl #6318

Edited by - Marilyn Hartman Sullivan on May 26 2016 10:39:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  10:44:03 AM  Show Profile
Quiet afternoon. Dude gone to bid sale. I am knitting.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  4:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

A very warm day. This is really summer weather. Tomorrow is the pick of the week. DsC had a grand time on his overnight. He was the last standing for coyotes and deer. There was one boy in his tent that very hyper active. Some of the mentors had to talk to him several times. I guess the children must have packed up and put their gear in a pile. Some one took DsC's bag with his clothes and sleeping bag home with them. He was a bit distressed because the bag had his Cubs hat in it for baseball tonight. I think we will get it back next week or sooner.

Ida Mae took herself for a walk last night at 1AM. She was bellowing for her mother. Her mother cas shut in her stall. Ida Mae;s stall still has the mother guinea sitting on her eggs. The incubation period is about 28 days so we still have three weeks to go and then a couple of weeks until they feather out. Nesting in the stall is a good thing although inconvenient because the poults have a much smaller chance of being eaten by wild things if they stay inside. There is another guinea nesting out near the garden. I have not checked on her.

You have planted a lot in your garden, Marilyn. It is so nice to be able to eat fresh food.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  5:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Too hot today. In the low 80's F. This is July weather. It is supposed to cool down on Tuesday. If is is so muggy tomorrow maybe we will jump in the pond and freeze ourselves. The pond is fed by four springs and a stream. I am hoping for a lovely downpour with lots of lightning and thunder.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  8:10:06 PM  Show Profile
I made an appt. yesterday for my dad with his dr. and I went with my parents. I found out part of the reason my mom complains about doctors is because she doesn't tell them what's going on, and she doesn't ask questions. I advocated for my parents and the dr. was very helpful. My mom said afterwards that he's never talked that much before or shown that much interest.So he put my dad on a new med. to help with the agitation/anger/confusion. I also explained to my mom that part of the reason we wanted them to move there is because we felt they would be safer there. Emergency help is available at all times and there is security. If she bought a house, we would all worry about them. what if she fell? would my dad know to call 911? What if he wandered off? How long would it take for police to get there? What if someone broke in? So I think things are moving in a positive direction.
Holly, I would like to jump in your pond. It is warm here, in the upper 80's. I need to have someone come and look at my a/c since it stopped working last September. I got a good reference today for someone who does good work and is reasonable. I have some fans, but it gets HUMID in the Midwest. Especially when you live near the confluence of three major rivers. My tomatoes and peppers are loving it. The graduation party for my oldest niece is tomorrow. She is going on a group trip to Europe this summer and will go to college in the fall. They grow up fast.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  05:26:23 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- I would be interested to know what medicine the doctor prescribed for your dad. Your parents sound like mine, but with the genders reversed. Sigh.

I am at the shop on Sunday morning because we are out having fun. Just thought I had better explain it, because it doesn't seem like fun to me, either. Yesterday we went down to the boat in the blistering heat. After we drove around for about an hour on the way to the river - getting water, airing up a tire, etc. - we finally made it to the marina and the boat wouldn't start. The dock boy jumped it and it started right up. So we went out the North East and up the Susquehanna to a restaurant on the waterfront. While trying to anchor out, our anchor line snapped and we lost our anchor in the bottom of the river. Luckily, a spot on the dock opened up and we were able to tie up there. After a hot, sweaty and noisy lunch, we started back down to the boat. She refused to start again. Evidently the batteries had not charged. So we called SeaTow and sat in the sweltering heat for about 90 minutes for them to come jump us. So this morning we are headed back to the boat, going to buy two new batteries and put them in, tool around and get some lunch, and get the boat back to the marina before they close so she will be inside for tonight. There's evidently the tail end of a huge tropical storm coming up the coast to soak us.

All in all, I would rather be sitting on my couch with some margaritas and nachos, watching the Indy 500.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  11:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Quite an adventure Marilyn. Did you get another anchor?

Lowell stayed home for breakfast this morning and aside from hogging the computer, didn't bother me too much. I was able to make a nice scrambled egg breakfast and watched Phineas and Ferb (a kids cartoon) while I ate it. The band has a date with a cable access channel to video and audio tape them. Lowell, of course, doesn't believe they are ready. They just want to play. Because this is a holiday weekend, only one band member has nothing family-related to do. Lowell will mostly rehearse vocals. Our new drummer does not have his own kit so he doesn't practice.

I will be going outside in a bit to sit in the sun with Mitzi and read, copy some recipes out of a book and maybe plant some more stuff in the garden. The broccoli plants all died so I will try some seeds. The pole beans are coming up and some of the lettuce is doing well. We have had a decent amount of rain lately so I believe that when the sun is out more next week I will see more growth.

We bought a new modem and printer yesterday. I haven't set them up yet because I need to call our internet service provider (ISP) for some passwords and advice. After I get the printer set up, I will call Geek Squad to check my work. It's always good to have a professional around.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  9:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn--the new medicine is Mirtazapine. My mom is already complaining about the supposed side effects but dad does seem calmer and not so worried when mom leaves the room. I told her if she doesn't like it we can try another but UNDER NO CONDITIONS should she stop giving it to him without the dr.'s consent cause stopping it suddenly can cause seizures. I talked to my brothers bout the situation and we all agree mom needs help with dad and she could benefit from talking to a counselor. Or at least to some other women who have dealt with/are dealing with this. I know there have to be other ladies out there whose husbands have/had alzheimer's.
I hope you got the boat all taken care of. My brother drove past the old house and there was a boat in the garage. The people who bought it seem to have nice vehicles so hopefully they will take care of the place. It was warm here today but I spent part of the day at my brother's house (with a/c) and I opened some windows so the house will cool down. It has been at 79 degrees all day (in the house), I think it's finally cooled down a little.
Marie--what kinds of beans are you growing? I had a salad tonight with lettuce and Mizuna greens from my garden. The carrots and beets never quite made it, and I'm starting to get a little spinach but it's too hot so I'm sure the spinach will bolt soon. The beans are doing well. I am growing three kinds of bush beans. I slept when i got home this afternoon cause it was too warm, now it's night and cooler so I'm awake and active. Bright light really bothers me so I'm glad today had lots of clouds. Lots of sun, but lots of clouds as well.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  3:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am just starting to plant my garden. I am more than a little jealous of the gardens that are producing already. If I had been more trusting of the weather I would have some spinach I think. Oh, well.

I am glad your mother let you advocate for your Dad at the doctor's and I bet the doctor is glad you were there to give him information. A doctor is not a mindreader and some people forget that or they do not trust and the doctor can not treat the patient well. I am glad your mother was appreciative of your efforts.

Bummer about the anchor. Glad it was not the propeller off the motor. .

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  06:42:37 AM  Show Profile
We are eating salads from our garden every evening, just to keep up! The spinach is growing so fast we can almost hear it. I put in salad bowl lettuce and a romaine mix, and they are both doing well. Also a different kale -- I think it is called Russian blue??? Anyway, I have been throwing that in, as well. Also the little green onion thinnings -- we don't waste NUTHIN' around here. A little bit of balsamic drizzle and we are rocking the salads right now.

We went back out to the river on Sunday early -- bought a new anchor, chain, and line. Also one new battery. Seems to have done the trick. She fired right up and we took her out for about a 30-mile loop around the very upper end of the Bay and over to Charlestown for brunch. I caught the start of the Indy 500, which is my Geek Church. Dude doesn't "get" this thing I have for the 500, so I have decided not to worry about it -- some years we aren't boating, and unfortunately, I will probably have way too many years alone later on when I can watch the race on my own.

I am getting to where I just can't take too much hot sun. Dude is like a lizard on a rock and will sit out in it for hours, but it makes me sick. I get a headache and just can't stand it. Well, he tends to tell me how I should feel --- adds up to some conflicts and Sunday was one of them. I was as sick as I could be and could NOT find any shade on the boat -- he kept saying how nice the breeze was and that I should be comfortable. Well, I was not. Ended up coming in "early" and didn't speak for about 3 hours, which is a real rarity for us -- we just don't fuss over things usually, but I was miserable and he was being his bossy self -- ha ha ha. Least said, soonest mended, is a motto of mine, so I just didn't say anything while I was so sick. Just came home and laid down. When we were finally speaking again, I told him that I thought maybe it might be time to put the Bimini cover back on the boat, so that I would have some shade when it got too hot for me. I tried to point out to him that not everyone likes to sit in the blazing sun for hours on end with no respite the way he does. I know it is a pain to have the cover on the boat, but I am afraid that I won't be able to go out without it.

We went to Lowe's yesterday for a new power washer and I saw this "cooling" bandana thingie. You put it in water, wring it out, then snap the ends and it is supposed to cool you off by several degrees. One of the tennis-playing Williams sisters was advertising it. We will see if that helps. I really do love going out on the boat, but I have to find some relief from the heat.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  07:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Those cooling bandana thingies are called cool ties. A charity crafting group I belong to, The Ships Project, makes them for the soldiers in the field. They are easy to make with cotton cloth and some water sorb crystals. Get it wet and the crystals puff up. Put it in the refrigerator for extra cooling power.

So sorry you feel that way in the sun. I like being in the sun and storing it up for the winter. Has a doctor been consulted about this?

So far, my garden is a little disappointing. All the broccoli plants died probably due to my negligence. Other seeds have not shown themselves yet. I guess more patience is needed.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile
I had a very interesting weekend. My oldest son came, with a tiny vial of his father's -- my xh's -- ashes, to be buried in our infant son's grave. My son really wanted me with him, and also my granddaughter and her mom. (My other son's daughter and ex-girlfriend.) (Sounds like a soap opera.)

I met with some old friends for coffee, while son went to get GD and xgf. The time at the cemetery went "well," all things considered. In typical xh fashion it POURED, making "mud" of the ashes, and xgf got some on her hands as she tried to swipe it off the headstone. She kept saying, "I'm sorry, Tim, sorry." It was a little comic relief in the midst of it, and I am sure xh was smirking in glee. I was glad for some granddaughter time. This granddaughter lives close to me, 1.5 hours away, but I never see her. Her mama hasn't moved on, though my son is now married and has another daughter, but xgf is extremely angry. It's sorry all around; I try to stay right out of it, both with her and my son. I just want to be in my grandddaughter's life.

Still plugging away on probate stuff. Made a couple of quilted wall hangings. Working on photo albums. Grass is growing. My flowers are blooming. It's lovely and sunny, with nice rains every few days.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on May 31 2016 10:16:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  11:28:19 AM  Show Profile
Ann -- Sounds like a soap opera indeed! The visual of the girl trying to wash the ashes off her hands is priceless. I had to chuckle -- your granddaughter lives 1.5 hours away and that's "close" for you -- goes to show that it's all relative, isn't it?

Marie -- I like the sunshine. It feels good and it really lifts my mood. The problem I have is staying out in it for hours and hours and hours with absolutely no shade. We have lots of friends who just don't like to go out on the boat with us because it gets too hot without some kind of shade available. I think it hurts the Dude's feelings, but he needs to understand that not everyone has the tolerance (or the desire for melanoma) that he has.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 31 2016 :  1:52:21 PM  Show Profile
Okay Marilyn. I understand. I wouldn't like that either.

Lowell, Hayley (Lowell's daughter) and I went to the new Jungle Book. It was really neat seeing animals acting like animals not like people. The motion capture, CGI and live action sequences were very well done. The kid cast for Moogli was fantastic. I can recommend this film.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  1:27:53 PM  Show Profile
Feeling "off my feed" again this afternoon. I am beginning to wonder if I am reacting badly to the fumes from our floor refinishing project. Well, if that's the case -- at least tonight is the last night we will have to smell them. The guys put the last coat of finish on today. I honestly do NOT know how they work with that stuff! They don't wear masks or anything while they are mixing up the finish or putting it on the floor. Yucky!!!

I just deleted a whole big long Queenie the Ex story from my post. Suffice it to say that she takes advantage of the Dude and he LETS her. Not sure which one is the more pitiful.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  2:34:12 PM  Show Profile

I drove across the river to visit the wetlands bird and wildlife refuge this afternoon. saw this turtle crossing the road, took a picture of the lock and dam, and a picture of the Mississippi Bridge (from the Missouri side).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page