jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  2:49:08 PM  Show Profile
I spent 17 days in bed. I ended up going to urgent care with a 103.0 degree temp. Found out I have pneumonia. That was on Friday, by Monday when I had a routine ct scan of my lungs, it showed I had acute emphysema. Dr. ordered a PET scan, it showed very aggressive bacteria growing in my lungs. On a second round of strong antibiotics. My fever finally broke the other day and now I am finally able to stay up all day. Getting my appetite back too. I just hope this takes care of it. Still coughing a lot, but feel a lot better.
Cindy, hope you start feeling better soon. I know how much working in a bad environment can make you sick. Hopefully being off work will get you back on your feet.
Holly, Going solar sounds like the way to go for you. Bet it would be great not having electric bills.
Marie, glad you found another place. We are still in the same place, we decided to wait until spring to start looking again. I am tired.
Vanessa, Good luck with your move. I tried to talk Bob into moving to the mountains, but he does not like mountains at all. He is a city boy for sure!!! LOL!!! I like it her in Florida after living in the frozen tundra all my life.
Karin, Have a great vacation!!!! Sounds lovely!!!!
The stores here are still not fully stocked after the hurricane. There is plenty of gas and water now though. Still a lot of cleanup that needs to get done. It will take some time yet.
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  5:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Jan I am glad to hear from you. I am sorry that you have been so sick. I think I remember that when you lived in the frozen north you had oxygen. Has it been better in the warmer climate? I hope the emphysema eases.

Temperatures were in the low sixties today with a very brisk wind. The sun has been shining intermittently. We did not get the rain the weather guessers said we might. I guess we were the 40 % chance of clear more than the 60% chance of rain.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  3:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Jan--I hope you are doing better by now. Lung issues are no fun. I get pneumonia about every other year so I plan to get a shot this year. What antibiotic did they give you? They gave me one that starts with a "K"--can't remember the name. It is used to treat Bubonic plague. It is very strong, knocks out pneumonia but has bad side effects. And yes, work is overwhelming so I am still off. Since I work in a room where I am ususally by myself, I would often cry at work when no one could se me. I just felt so depressed, scared, and frustrated. Every day, I wondered if my boss was going to fire me. People are meaner towards those of us with disabilities than they used to be. I just can't handle it anymore. I worked hard to get off disability but I just can't deal with all this stress anymore. I have also been experiencing increased feelings of paranoia. Not fun at all. I can't even talk about some of he extreme actions I've taken--such as barricading my doors at night, carrying a personal alarm at all times, etc----I fel scared. this just isn't me. It IS part of my illness. It has been a long time coming and it is not going to go away anytime soon. I think it began in earnest last year when my boss tried to illegally prevent me from getting my job back. Iwas one week away from losing my job when I followed my lawyr's advice and had my d. fill out an accomodations form and my company's legal team lookd at my disability and realized there would b a huge lawsuit if I was fired. So I got my job back but it has benn hell ever since. I have never told anyone, but I was so afraid tha I would lose my job last year (and my insurance) that I thought about suicide. I didn't attempt it, but the idea crossed my mind. SO now I am talking more to my doctor and therapist about what I went though last year. Because I still haven't gotten over it, and I still feel terrified of losing my job. I need that medicine to stay alive. My doctor and therapist know this. My boss doesn't know and doesn't care. So I don
t know what the future holds. but there are people who are on my side. I hope no one gets too upset about my mentioning that I though about suicide. it is a subject that needs to be talked about more. I recently lost a friend to suicide, and it's largely because he didn't tell anyone how bad he really felt. As long as I can talk about my feelings, I feel hope. it's when I can't talk about them that the despair sets in. Anyway, I am doing OK since I an mot working. I went to my support group last night and sang "I'd like to build the world a home and furnish it with love...." remember that old ditty? It brings back memories of a happier time when I felt happy and peaceful. As long as I can feel reasonably at peace, I do OK. Happiness is hard to find, but peace can usually be achieved. it's largely a matter of perspective. And I know how to look at life from many different perspectives. God has blessed me with that gift.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  4:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I can listen to you Cindy. I think from half way across the country I am not much help in a pinch.

Our phone does not have an answering machine right now. That is an inconvenience and people do not really know how to handle it when the phone rings and rings. Just like the old days. lol

Today was another brisk day. The sun shone most of it. It is becoming so we are waking up in the dark. Only three months until the days grow longer again. Silly huh? to be counting already.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  09:41:56 AM  Show Profile
Holly-thank you for your offer to listen. I'm really much better at writing than talking. Plus I have some kind of auditory processing issue that often makes it hard for me to comprehend what people are saing, especially on the phone. I can hear just fine, but it can take me quite a while sometimes to understand what someone has just said. My reading comprehension makes up for it. When I took the ACT in high school, I scored in the top one percent on the verbal comprehension part of the test. My sis in law, who has a Master's in special ed, once casually slipped me an Amelia Bedelia book to read. She said it was a good children's book and that I would laugh from reading it. I think she was giving me a hint.
Jan---the antibiotic they gave me was levaquin. For some reson I was thinking it began with a K. It is very strong and can cause your tendons to break so I am very careful when I've had to take it. I've been on it twice, both times when I had pneumonia. I thnk it is also used to treat ebola. Like I said, it is probably the strongest antibiotic out there.
I am going to apply for disability. I realize this illness is like cancer in some ways--it can go into remission for years, even decades. But then it can return. It's much more than just depression--don't want to go into my actual diagnosis, it's hard to explain. It's not schizophrenia but it is similar in some ways. it is also the most extreme mood disorder a person can have. And it is not easy to treat. I only know one person who was able to work all his life (and retire) who has this diagnosis. It helped that he is a veteran, is male (easier for men to get jobs), and he didn't have depression like I do. Plus he married a woman who supports him emotionally. Without her, he couldn't have succeeded. Everyone else I have met with my diagnosis has always been on disability. My first dr., whom I couldn't stand (I fired him) told me in 1986 that I would never be able to hold down any type of job and that I would be on disability the rest of mylife. All things considered, I've exceeded all expectations for my recovery. But I guess it was in remission for a long time. I am not happy about the idea of getting back on disability. I am currently on short term disability through my employer. So I have insurance. I see my dr. next week and I need to tell him that I almost caused a fire in a room in my house cause I did something extreme. I was trying to destroy something. Luckily, I had a fire extinguisher so there was no need to call the fire dept. it didn't even catch on fire, just smoked a lot. Fire extinguishers are very effective. They also leave a mess to clean up because the chemicals from them get all over the (hardwood) floor and everything else in the room. I feel embarrassed about it but thst is what this illness can do to a usually rational person. it gets hard to tell where reality ends and delusion begins. Add extreme fear to the mix and there is potential for all kinds of problems. If I wasn't on medication, I would be in the hospital right now because I've been through this before, twice, when I wasn't on any medication. Back in 1985 and again in 1991. I have much more support now than I did then, thank God. people just don't seem to understand that some illnesses affect the brain and we can't help it. They have sympathy for someone with Alzheimer's but not for someone with a mental illness, even though both are brain diseases. Anyway, that's my ant for today. The weather here is beautiful, only in the mid seventies for a high. it is still very dry but living in the Midwest, I will gladly take the low humidity. The sun is shining and it is just a gorgeous fall day. Soon the trees will be full of color. Many are already turning. I have been gathering materials (mostly from the dollar store) for a Halloween costume. I have not dressed up in a costume in ages, but I thought it would be fun to be a toucan. I got the idea from the owl costume in the latest issue of MJF. "Precious and few are the moments we toucans share." I hope that makes you laugh.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

I am glad that you have a handle on your mental illness, Cindy. How does menopause affect your emotions? I know that when I was in perimenopause I had some nasty mood swings. C would come home and I would be in tears for no reason. Could that be why you have come out of remission?

We went to the Bethany Church yard sale this morning. Usually it is the best yard sale of the season. I think the congregation may be running out of good stuff in their houses to donate. We did get a few sweaters, flannel pants and a couple of very nice canvas bags. The best part was that ddK took care of everyone at home so C and I had child free time.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I am now in Lexington KY. It was a hairy ride - I drove the Toyota with a trailered motorcycle over mountain roads. My DH drove a rented truck. Tomorrow I see my new home for a pre closing inspection and Monday we close.
Cindy, I agree with you that suicidal feelings are very serious and they can make you feel like you're unloved and alone. Please share! We will support you.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  08:16:23 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, you do have all of us on here is for support. I have been in your shoes and it is no fun. It is one of the most helpless feelings there is. Like climbing a mountain of sand and getting nowhere. Find a happy place to go, maybe the library, or a coffee shop. I have been on Levaquin a lot when I would end up in the hospital every other month. I started here on Levofloxacin 500mg. for a week, then when I had the pet scan and it was still growing, I was put on Amox-clav 875mg. twice a day. Looks like that is doing the job, I am not coughing now and I am finally getting my appetite and energy back. I go to my primary dr. on Wed. and my lung dr. on Thursday.
Holly, yes, I am still on oxygen at night. I am hoping I do not have to go on it all the time. Fingers crossed. I had no problems with menopause at all, but my mother was one that would climb the walls.
Vanessa, Glad you made it to your destination. Hope all goes smoothly for you now and you love your new place. Beautiful country there.
We bought a new gazebo and got that up. It is our outdoor living room. We need it for shade, since there are no trees here on this lot for shade. Getting somewhat back to normal around here.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  08:51:25 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I have also been to this dark lonely place and walked in silence listening to the screaming voices in my head. I have sent my phone numbers. Please use these when the pain is unbearable. We are here and we care.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  12:19:00 PM  Show Profile
marie--I have the phone numbers you sent. Thank you. I am just not one to talk on the phone much. Just like I hardly ever watch TV. it's just how I am. I know you have been through some very dark times even though I don't know the details. And yes, it is a bad place to be. We don't go there by choice. I consider myself luckier than a lot of people I have met over the years. I don't know how the menopause affects me. Truth is, it hasn't seemed to affect me much at all, either physically or mentally. I went for nine months with no periods, then I recently had a brief one. Never have had hot flashes. Sometimes I get leg cramps. Other than that, no real signs or symptoms. I guess I am still in perimenopause. I was reading an article today about a man who survived three cardiac arrest events in one night. He has a support dog, a Plott Hound who will lick his hands when his cortisol levels become too high. Plotties have great noses, and can smell chemical changes in the body. I have noticed that Jaxon will often sniff me and then lick my hands or my face. He is half Plott hound. I wonder if he is trying to tell me that he can smell chemical changes in my body. I am going to observe this carefully, and notice how my moods are when he licks me. It could be that he is trying to tell me my mood has changed and I need to be careful. If this is the case, he could be a true support dog. Right now, he is my emotional support dog. If it turns out that he can sense these changes, he could qualify for official status as a support dog. He needs training to behave himself better. Emotional support dogs do not have the same rights as official support dogs. An official support dog is one who can warn when you are about to have a diabetic episode, or a seizure of some sort, or a guide dog, etc. They need special training. Some are placed with people who need them, and some already belong to the person and they just happen to have the gift of warning the person of potential episodes that can be life threatening or dangerous to the person's physical or mental health.
My mom asked me o get her wedding album from the cedar chest I inherited when my parents moved to the retirement village. My dad doesn' remember anything about his wedding. She thinks if he sees the pictures, he might remember. He is entering third stage Alzheimer's and I believe my mom just can't accept it. I expect him to be in some kind of facility either by the end of this year or early next year. So do my brothers. I can sense that soon, he is going to need help eating. And then bathroom help. He can no longer shave and has to be told to brush his teeth. I don't think he brushes them correctly. Sometimes his breath is awful. He has to be watched or he will eat things that are inappropriate, like uncooked meat and he will drink chocolate syrup from the bottle if mom doesn't hide it. Luckily, he shows very little inclination to wander. I think fear keeps him from leaving the duplex and going outside.
I pray for good health for everyone.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  6:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a lovely chill day. We had our first real frost of the season last night. So, two of the little boys and I started to pull up and compost the plants that were killed. Mostly zucchini, pumpkin, beans and weeds. DsC pulled his pumpkins. They grew three nice sized yellowish pumpkins. They were not supposed to get orange. He wants to make pies with one and carve one. I do not know what about the third. I pulled the carrots from one of the bins and C cut and froze them. She put 11 quart bags into the freezer.

I am glad Jaxon is aware of you. I have a friend whose dog barked and barked when her granddaughter had her first diabetic episode. If not for the dog the child would have died I was told. That was about ten years ago now. So, pay attention to Jaxon. We had a Plott's Hound for a while. My brother gave him to me. He would drool big time when presented with jelly donuts. He liked to chase delivery trucks. One time he got his eye tooth stuck in the mud flap and ran down our hill until he could get it loose. He did not learn any lesson.

Demetia is a nasty disease. You are right he probably does not remember how to brush his teeth. Tell you mom to find the stories he remembers and just keep telling them to him so he has enjoyable moments.

Did you like your house when you saw it? Vanessa?

How is your new place, Marie?

Jan I had thought about putting up a yurt for you and Bob to spend the summer in up here but if he does not like the country side then this is not the place for him. It would be nice to visit with you.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  3:09:11 PM  Show Profile
We won't move into the new place until November 1. We have to leave here by noon on October 31 and cannot move into the new place until noon on November 1. This will mean we will have to store our stuff overnight, hopefully we can leave it in the truck.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  07:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Marie--I am sorry that you won't have time to celebrate Halloween. I hope you love your new apartment. Moving is always a pain.
I have a dentist appt. today for the mouthpiece I need for the sleep apnea. They are going to test my breathing, take some x-rays and measurements. Last night, I lost half of a back molar. My fault. I only go to the dentist once every two years. I used to have no issues with my teeth, or at least very little issues. I know I have drank a lot of soda in the past year to stay awake at work, when I was working, so I know that didn't help. The molar was very badly decayed. I used a magnifying mirror and penlight to check my lower teeth and was appalled by how bad they were in back. Multiple cavities, and now one molar is almost gone. Ugh. I have been using a Waterpik for about three months because I had noticed that my front teeth, upper, near the gum line, did not look good. The waterpik helps. But I didn't know how bad my lower back teeth were. Well, he won't have time to fix it today plus I don't have the money. I need to have the mouthpiece as soon as possible because the sleep apnea is detrimental to my mental health. My teeth are important, but teeth can be replaced. My brain can't be replaced, so it is more important right now that I get the sleep apnea taken care of. It is making it difficult for me to concentrate, to remember things, plus I always feel tired. And lately I have been having what they call paranoid ideation, which just means I always feel scared. I think it is the result of nonstop stress for over a year now. Every day feels like a bad episode of Groundhog Day, where the same stress keeps happening over and over and over. There is actually a name for repetitive stress but I can't recall it. It's almost like being in combat every day for over a year. The stress is unrelenting, and every single day brings another issue. That is why I am applying for disability. I can't go on like this. It didn't happen overnight and it's not going to improve anytime soon.
It's finally cooled down some and we now have some rain. It has been extremely dry. We need a lot of rain. I started working on my toucan costume last night.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  4:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very lovely day. The sky was a bright autumn blue. Hardly any clouds in the sky. At dusk while sitting at dsG's soccer game the clouds moved in. Maybe it will rain. We could sure use a good soaking rain. We have not had any rain for probably a month.

The town road crew is ditching the sides of our road. The town received some sort of grant to improve the ditching of the dirt roads. We are the last road in town to be ditched. They are doing a very thorough job. Some of the ditches they are lining with stone and some they are seeding and putting a hay mat over. The dirt they are digging from the sides of my road is being dumped in a low area near our hay barn . I am spreading it with the tractor and trying to make it deep enough so the water in the field will be soaked up and when I pull the hay wagon from in front of the hay barn out to the road for the hay man to come get the wagon will not sink in the mud. The water is mostly from the over flow of our leach field. In the spring this dirt should have a good selection of plants that used to grow on the sides of the road and will now grow in our field.

There was a sign at the feed store from someone wanting to get rid of his chickens. I called, he brought them over this morning. He had put them in a cage in his car last night. He said, he was old and retired and wanted to travel some and couldn't having birds. He was sad to not be able to keep them. He seemed like he was not in the best of health as well. He had those dark blood marks on his arms like from bruising or needles. I hope he and his wife have some time to travel and have a good time.
I don't mind taking older chickens because the wild things might as well eat old birds as my young ones.

I would like to hear about the dental implant and how you think it works. I know many people with CPAP machines and I think that sleeping with a mask over your face would be very restricting. I think C probably has sleep apnea but she will not consider a CPAP machine. I think the white noise would not be tolerable for me.

Now I have rambled on for a while.

I hope you all have sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  04:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Love the house, need better wifi.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  04:52:18 AM  Show Profile
Deer are in our backyard at night & we were warned of coyotes. We have KY drivers licenses and are registering car & cycle. No matter what they promis, an air mattress is never comfortable.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  06:12:34 AM  Show Profile
We are back from our trip and on the whole had a wonderful time. We stopped at so many fun places along the way there and back. The B&B was beautiful, all the food we had was fantastic and Acadia was gorgeous. The trip back got messed up, our GPS sent us off onto a road in Ct and we drove through it and Massachusetts and into New Jersey without finding anywhere to stop because it was dark and nothing was marked. It was nearly midnight when we finally found a motel. While you might be able to navigate it during the day and find what you want, I don't think I'll go back there any time soon.
Cindy and Jan, I hope you are both beginning to feel better.
Glad you love the new house Vanessa.
We are finally getting some much needed rain.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  2:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

Driving in New Jersey is not fun in the day time never mind being in the dark with all of those cars rushing at you from both sides. I am glad you had a mostly good time. Did you wade in the ocean? Glad you made it back home safely, Karin

I agree, Vaness, that air mattresses are not comfortable. Kentucky licenses already! You are very efficient. My move from Philadelphia to Vermont I waited until the old license was almost expired before I went to have a new one issued here. That was a long time ago.

Today was a very lovely day. Temperatures were in the seventies with a light breeze and not much humidity. An hydraulic hose on my tractor sprang a leak so that curtailed moving dirt and gave me an opportunity to collect some wild plants to dry for the winter. I collected Colt's Foot which is an ingredient in a breathing tea and I collected Gold Thread that is an anti biotic. They are drying on the porch.

We had a little rain last night but not at all what we need.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  3:33:35 PM  Show Profile
My DH still has the "do it now" mentality, so our vehicles all have KY plates on them. We got our bed today and will be sleeping well. We got a mechanical lifter, so no snoring.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  10:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

It is sprinkling out now. I hope it continues so it will soak into the ground. I pushed dirt this morning with the tractor.

Yesterday something probably a rooster or a male guinea got into the baby chick room and savaged the babies. I covered the hole with grain bags and tied it to the existing wire with string. I put the chicks back under the lights. When I found them there were two looking alive. This morning there were 6 looking alive. I hope the seventh was just sleeping.

The electrician came yesterday to finish hooking up the solar wires to the existing electrical system in the house. The main breaker for one of the panels broke from old age while they were attaching the wires. The electrician fixed the breaker. I thaked him many times because if I had had to call an electrician to fix the breaker we could have been with out electricity for several days if not weeks and a very large bill to boot.

Hope everyone is well.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  2:25:01 PM  Show Profile
The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold cold wet day.
Retirement will be tough for my husband; he expects faster internet service and more tv channels, but we don't have either. He also gripes if someone is driving too slowly or if a faster car catches up with us. He moans and groans at the slightest little thing that goes wrong or is out of place. I've told him that I can't stand his negativity. I don't want to resort to the iron frying pan!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  2:29:51 PM  Show Profile
I read a book once that said what you do for or with your husband when he retires is what he will expect you to do every day of his retirement. like make lunch for him or invite him out to lunch with you and your friends. Good luck and I hope he has some hobbies. Maybe he could join one of the men's clubs in your area.

Today is overcast and chilly. Yesterday was t shirt weather. Today is sweatshirt weather.

We have a guinea hatching eggs today. She has been very quiet on her clutch. I have seen one chick. It is so late in the season for chicks to hatch. I am going to try to scoop most of them and put them under lights.

This morning we took the turkeys to be done in. I am glad not to have to worry about them any more.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  08:22:25 AM  Show Profile
I am still hanging in there. Been feeling very paranoid, though. No fun. I went to a concert last night with a friend and that helped. I need to get out of the house more. I feel isolated if i don't get out, and that feeds my feelings of panic and doom. I don't like feeling this way. Also having trouble sleeping at night. I have lst alll the weight I gained from the steroids. Feel too much anxiety to eat. Well, that's one way to lose weight, just not a good one. It's cool here today, I love it. Want reall fall weather. Jackets and boots type weather. I had trouble accesing my e-mail at the library today. Took six attempts. Weird. I hate it when that happens, it just makes me feel more anxiety.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  10:47:56 AM  Show Profile
My mother-in-law is visiting for an inspection tour. She really likes the area and we showed her how close we are to civilization. We have 2 upstairs rooms and a downstairs room for her to stay in and her dogs get along well with our dogs. She will fly back Tuesday and will probably return for Christmas. We want her to feel at home here as a summer bird.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  07:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I know just what you mean about your DH. In the early days of our marriage mine was the most patient man I had ever met. The last twelve years he worked, his job was very stressful and he became pretty impatient. Not such a good thing when I have always been impatient myself. He said he would calm down when he retired. That was five years ago and he has not regained his patience.
We went to a street antique show yesterday. Saw lots of wonderful things and I found a sweet little cabinet that was just what I was trying to find for one of the bathrooms. And, it was reasonably priced!
Just had Facetime with my sweet grandson. We will be going to Virginia in two weeks to spend Halloween with them. Can't wait to see everyone.
The weather was beautiful yesterday, but today is raining and the temperature is dropping.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page