Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2018 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Today it rained heavily, so the workmen were late getting here, and the dogs kept barking all day. Then I had to have Fang call my cellphone twice because I put it down & forgot about it. Alzheimer's here I come!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2018 :  5:04:31 PM  Show Profile
I believe, Nes, it is time to delete some old files from the hard drive to make room for the new stuff.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  3:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward then 2 steps back! Tina has a relaxed attitude to housetraining, so I'm often sponging up wet spots, putting stuff away, no wonder I wander through the house looking for my cellphone!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  5:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Did anyone see the dog in Greece who survived that wildfire? Poor baby's fur was singed and he was covered with soot but still wagging his tail. Don't understand his anyone could abandon an animal. I have started painting my living room. Things have calmed down do my stress level has gone down. It has cooled off here so the weather isn't too bad. Nice for August.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Exercise? I thought you said accessorize.

Live like someone left the gate open.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  1:11:19 PM  Show Profile
My dad had to go to the ER last night. He is fine now. They discharged him last night and I brought him home. Caring for my parents has become my new job. It keeps me busy, that's for sure. Where is Holly? Hope she's not angry at me. It can be hard to understand someone from hundreds of miles away. I am painting the living room in two neutral colors. A shade of buff and a shade of gray. Next I'll repaint the kitchen. I am tired if bright colors. Going with neutrals.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2018 :  05:52:10 AM  Show Profile
The weather has been lovely for the last week here, but is ramping up again. It's already very humid and supposed to be in the 90s today. My cucumbers are about done, but the tomatoes and beans are doing great.
Yesterday was my DS's 40th birthday. Can't believe I've had the joy of being his mom for that long. We'll be going to Va in two weeks to spend some time with him and his family.
Hope things are looking a bit better today Cindy.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  5:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It has been hotter than blue blazes all of July and now August. Temperatures are still in the high eighties and low ninties. Usually we have two weeks at the most that high. Lucky for us it cools down in the evenings. We have fans to suck in the cool air so we can sleep but still only use a sheet and that is to keep the bugs off my legs.

We have been having problems with the wild animals eating our poultry. One night I was out at midnight moving the meat chickens into the barn in my nightgown and slippers after hearing one issue dying squawks. Now they live in a stall in the barn. I hope they taste alright. We are used to having birds that eat grass and insects. I think we will have them two maybe three weeks and then I will take them to the knacker.

We have had cats and sheep dropped off in our yard over the years. People see a farm and think we would be lovely for their discarded pets. It has not happened for a while. there is a service called VTCANS here that stands for Vermont Community access to spay and neuter. it makes snipping the reproductives of dogs and cats very affordable. Now our shelters import cats from the south. That is not to say that all pet people are responsible, they are not but it does help.

DsG had a good time at Sports camp. I redid two of his walls in 1/2 inch plywood so he can not kick holes in those walls any more. Then on one wall I hung seven 9 foot shelves for his books. When we finished putting all of his books on the shelves four of them were 3/4s full. He is going through them to decide which will be donated to the book sale at the end of the month.

DsR went to summer school for 6 weeks. He was exceptionally well behaved the whole time. Some teachers who did not know him wondered to others who did why he was there at all. The ones who know him said he very well deserved to be there and to hope that he did not blow his top because it would not be pretty.

DsC is at camp now for two weeks. He was so very excited to go. I hope it works well for him.

I have picked summer squash today from the garden. There are many cukes but most of them are only two inches long. We are that far behind you in the growing season.

We have a family of hummingbirds in our jewel weed again this year. I try and try to get good pictures. Maybe one in a hundred. We did have cedar waxwings come to eat our chokecherries. It is the only time we see them all year is when the choke cherries are ripe.

I am glad to read of everyone's activities and cares.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  7:20:09 PM  Show Profile
It's hot here too. Today my thermometer read 103°. The forecast is for 109° tomorrow.

Betty J.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  7:23:31 PM  Show Profile
This week I had two in person, on-site interviews for work. One is with a human services non-profit at which I would be a representative payee. I would really like doing this. The other is a part-time job handling all the insurance paperwork and making certain the therapists are paid by them. It is pretty detailed. I could really love to do this. Both went well. I hope I get one of these jobs.

Marie, Sister #5142

Edited by - churunga on Aug 08 2018 7:24:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2018 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I will be praying you get the best of these jobs.
Cindy, how are your parents? You have made the best decisions you could for them out of love. If I needed to care for my parents it would be so difficult because I live 10 hours away. Take care of yourself!
Fang dropped his Harley a could times on this trip. Once was on mud, and the others because it is unwieldy and he was tired. Usually it was while we were stopped and overbalanced.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  6:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Good luck with the job interviews. What ever happened with teaching reading?

I hope Fang did not get hurt when he dumped the bikes.

Taking care of our elders is so hard and emotionally draining and worrisome . Do your best and take care of yourself.

We have all of our wood in for the winter now. Actually we are a year ahead. I try very hard to stay a year ahead so if I get hurt or something we will not be left in a lurch and cold for the winter. We have baseboard oil and a gas heating stove out back but the wood stove brings the house up to a temperature that is comfortable. It is a great relief to have it done.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  9:01:51 PM  Show Profile
I am so busy lately that I don't have much time for social media. My parents are both OK for now. Mom is in respite care at the retirement village where she lives. She is being stubborn about walking without assistance with her walker. Someone is supposed to be with her whenever she uses it, but she thinks she can use it unassisted. I am finally sleeping normally again. I had a dream last night in which some people insisted on holding me accountable for something I'd said when I was obviously delusional. I said to them, "Can't you tell when I'm crazy and when I'm not?!". They replied, " No." Now, that was a scary dream.
Hope the worst of the hot weather is over for everyone. Sounds like Fang needs a Spider. Then he couldn't drop it. Hope you get the job that is right for you, Marie. I saw a man today I haven't seen in over forty years. He is 92 and still drives. He lives at the retirement village. It brought back some fond memories of when I was young.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2018 :  07:03:20 AM  Show Profile
My current program manager is working in a different geographical area. The new one didn't reach out to me and when I reached out to her, I learned that the deadline for the application had passed. That means that I wouldn't be able to start until October. I know that some would say "do it anyway". Starting later in the school year just doesn't feel comfortable for me. I did tell the new program manager that I thought the lack of outreach was bad form. She assumed that I had already applied. I said, "I would believe that this type of transition would be important to manage." What was really funny was asking myself why I was so upset when I didn't want to go back anyway. That calmed my anger and has helped me to move on.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2018 :  5:14:14 PM  Show Profile
I was jealous when you worked at the A&W, but wouldn't let me work there.
Fang is calling the Harley "Christine" after the Stephen King book because he says its trying to kill us. Our tip overs were in slow motion so we didn't get hurt. Just his pride!
I whipped up some refrigerator pickles today & will see how they taste.
Dragonflies are zooming around our front yard eating the skeeters.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I was a mean big sister. Remember that you had a job at McDonald's. I guess that I just didn't want you around. So sorry! What I remember about that summer in St Helena, NB is how you encouraged me to drive. Remember how frightened I was about driving? One time you had to get to work and I was the only one available to drive the car back. You drove in and kept telling me I would be all right. "Just go slow. Don't take chances. Watch the traffic lights. You will be fine." Thank you so much for helping me get over this fear. I am crying right now remembering it.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, that double decker metal bridge was hard for me to drive on!
I had a tough morning. My mother-in-law had an 8:00 flight to Florida, and I had to get a wheelchair and get her to the gate, so we drove near the airport last night & stayed in a motel. When I woke up my eyes were jiggling back and forth & I was dizzy, until I had a bite to eat. Once I got her to the gate the plane had mechanical problems & finally got delayed till a spare plane from Atlanta arrived at 1:35. Since she was settled and the airline staff were very attentive to her, I left at 10 and drove home.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  3:01:03 PM  Show Profile
I have decided to get off all social media. Too hard to explain. I hope everyone on the this site has joy, peace and love in their lives. I will still read posts but I won't post anymore. Due to personal reasons and reasons having to do with my parents. Maybe someday I can get back on the internet, but for now I'm done. It has been great knowing all of you and I will always be a farmgirl at heart. Love,
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  3:59:49 PM  Show Profile
I'll miss you Cindy.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile

Cindy so sad you are leaving us...I wish you the best and hope you come back to be with us at some point...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  05:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Will miss you Cindy. Take care of yourself. Wishing you all the best and hope to see you back some day.
We are on our third day of rain. We needed some, but this is getting a bit much. Everything is waterlogged.
I leave for Va Monday to spend a week with my DS and his family. Can't wait to see them all.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  3:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

I picked dsC up at camp this morning. I thought about what route I would take to the camp and took off. When I was most of the way that I thought was there it dawned on me that I was going to his friend's house and not towards the camp. Lucky for me the interstate is just past his friend's house. So, I got on it and drove south. I was only three minutes late. C and I had a good laugh.

DsC was doing his check of everything that changed while he was away for the two weeks. He found a hen in the old freezer room with 9 hatched chicks. He put a little food and water in there for her. That is the most chicks that any of our hens have hatched. I hope most of them live. It is dicey for a hen mother to keep her chicks safe.

Then C went to feed the pigs and on her way back she found a guinea pair strutting with a dozen poults by the swingset. We scooped the poults and put them in an empty stall. The mother joined them and everyone was happy. We try to keep the poults in for a week or so until they get strong enough to follow their parents around the yard and not get left behind. The guineas are prolific but not attentive parents.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  04:11:52 AM  Show Profile
Everyone must be super-busy, I know I have! My sweet mother-in-law is back from Florida, helping my bro-in-law after his operation. She came back to a fully furnished apartment - too full! We asked some strong friends to help us move the loveseat out of her apartment back into our living room where it will stay forever. I am finished with moving furniture, but my mother-in-law still has shifting to do.
I go to the gym every weekday, not only to sweat, but to hear civic updates (some call it gossip). I don't know the people, so it's like a soap opera.
Today we should see some rain, with more Friday. I plan to quilt in my craft room on rainy days.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  06:12:17 AM  Show Profile
We got back from Va a few days ago. Had a wonderful time with my DS and his family and as always the time went too quickly. Now I'm at DD's house puppysitting while she and her husband visit her brother in Va. He was quite excited about them coming. He and his sister have always been very close and they haven't been able to have a good visit in quite a while.
Yesterday several friends came up here and we all went to Ikea. I was pretty proud of myself. I had one small bag, they all had carts full
Still hot and muggy here and we need rain. It's hard to believe it's already Sept.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  11:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Try again...my connection was lost just when I posted. SMH I have been on the MIA list for a number of years. I am back! I only recognize Holly, hello again. For the rest of you, I am Kathryn from Oklahoma. Nice to meet you and I look forward to chatting with from time to time as my service here allows.

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2018 :  6:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, Kathryn! Glad to have you here!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page