Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  5:48:52 PM  Show Profile
My sweetie took his mom and me to Hall's on the River, a restaurant near Winchester KY.The food was great and we had fun (if only it wasn't so far). The weather is cool and rainy which is good for my garden.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr

Edited by - Audra Rose on May 12 2019 5:49:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  6:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
First visit of the season with the grands and a call from my son in Alaska! Perfect Mother's Day, I had to pull all the baby plants back inside and it was 36 with slush out! Lol! We were all cozy!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  04:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Had a lovely Mother's Day with my DS and his family and a nice long chat on the phone with my DD.
The new house is almost all set up. Still working on my craft room and the laundry room. Then I can get stated on the yard. Missing my knitting friends in Indiana, and out little art community, but getting to see my precious grands (and my darling son) almost everyday sure is wonderful.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  05:02:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day Karin. I enjoyed mine as well. I got to spend the day with all 3 of my sons and my husband. I hope everyone had a great weekend as well!

Dawn in IL

When it rains look for rainbows, when it's dark look for stars.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  07:35:07 AM  Show Profile
This is going to be a tough day. We found a leak behind the utility sink in the basement. We need to get a new faucet and u bend. Already returned one new faucet. I wanted a quiet day, but I got this.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  4:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Lowell and I just bought a condo. Pictures on the way.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  4:40:07 PM  Show Profile
I hope you will have lots of room in your new place. Our family members move so much, addresses in my address book are written in pencil!
The good news here is that we have a new faucet in the laundry sink but the bad news is that the drain pipes aren't hooked up. The pipe at the bottom of the sink is 1 1/4 inch, but the pipe at the wall is 1 1/2 inch! Kneeling on a wet concrete floor in a basement is no fun.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  06:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Marie, can't wait to see pictures of your new place. Hope you have lots of crafting room.
Hope your plumbing issues are fixed quickly Vanessa.
Trying to get use to southern weather again. We've already been in the 90s here, my old home has barely made it to 80. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a nice cool basement.
Hope everyone is well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 23 2019 :  08:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, I will not have a lots of crafting room. I couldn't convince Lowell to get one a two bedroom. <sigh> Maybe when I am single again or move in with my sister Vanessa.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2019 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile
You are welcome any time, but I have to warn you of the slower pace here in Kentucky. It takes a while to get acclimated.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2019 :  1:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Today Fang, my mother-in-law, my son and I drove to Ft. Boonesborough St. Park for a gathering of descendants of the pioneers. We noticed that the Buick was heating up, and water sprayed out. There was no internet so we couldn't call, but the local folks helped, the car was towed and we're coming home in a rental.
Luckily it was only the hoses, and it'll be ready Monday. We still had a good time.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2019 :  9:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I am so happy for you! I hope your new home works out!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2019 :  05:28:39 AM  Show Profile
We've had a few days of lovely weather here in Va. I trying to use to the heat again, so it was a nice break. Still moving things around and trying to get the new house the way I want it. We are having a garden shed built so it will be good to get everything in there. Then I can decorate the outside and start the raised beds and flowers.
Vanessa, glad the car problem wasn't worse.
Marie, have you moved yet? The actual moving part isn't any fun, but I know you're going to enjoy your new home.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  5:41:42 PM  Show Profile
I am thunderstruck! Windypines nominated me for July Farmgirl of the Month for July. Those of you who have been, is there anything you recommend I should do?

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  6:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank her and send her a gift. As all can see, I also was a Farm Girl of the Month. I would go to the thread and post the feelings you have right now.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  4:25:45 PM  Show Profile
We just got back from vacation in Michigan. We were there for a month. It is 1622 miles from here ne way. A long ride with a cat and a dog. We take 4 days to get there, so not too bad. It was cool there, had to wear long pants. Came home yesterday and it is in the 90s here with the heat index of 105 degrees. A big difference. We are glad to be back though, just need to get back in the swing of things.
Congrats Vanessa on FGOTM. That is an honor.
Glad to see new names on here. Hope you stay. I will post more when I can. Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  7:25:28 PM  Show Profile
It has been in the 90's here, too. Hot and humid. We did have some rain today and some strong winds. I seen several branches down on the way home from my brothers house. I also seen a beautiful rainbow. In never get tired of seeing them.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  04:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone else The Person Who Puts Stuff Together? My husband tried to make a shortcut, and almost added extra time and effort to a simple bench assembly. I have to keep power tools out of his hands when they are not required!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Venessa, that is so funny and typical of a man. My sweetie never reads directions so I am always there to help him out. I always have the directions handy. It can be a very dangerous ordeal for everyone involved if he is the one putting something together. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  4:10:22 PM  Show Profile

Today we put in the trim along the floor and moved things around. Fang wants to put a bed there as a guest room and to practice his banjo.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  7:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, looks like you are really getting some things done. Keep sharing the pictures. I love to see what you are doing.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  2:09:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  3:04:17 PM  Show Profile

This is the sunroom facing west. Fang wants a daybed along the wall.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Last week Fang ran over a tree root with the riding mower. The blade was stuck in the root, so we had to unhook the blade assembly and hack it loose. Today we put it all together.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2019 :  6:02:59 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful sunset we had! I took my Oskar Meyer for a short walk and just admired the clouds and sky. Oskar enjoyed the smalls (a week ago a skunk was hit down the road). Temperature is about 80 and cooling. A lovely evening.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: