Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  4:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, thanks for the compliment. The jacket is a large and is $75.00. I don't have it on etsy yet.

I had a great time shopping for more projects. I can't wait to get started.

Holly, I received your package today. What a wonderful book! Thank you so much. Very inspiring.

Thanks for the BDay wishes.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  4:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, I might add the jacket is more between a medium and a large.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  4:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It only sprinkled a bit today. Otherwise it was hot and humid. It should be humid with the sun evaporating all that water off the ground. The weather guessers say we will have rain for the next three to five days. These few hours of sunshine every now and again remind us what summer is supposed to be.

Dd and I went to the Kiwanis yard sale. She found a Jack Laine power juicer for $5. I hope it works. It looks to be fairly unused. Some of the stick from the back of labels is still on it. She also found a box with a velvet lid and a drawer for her makeup and jewelry. I found some books for the little boys and a baseball glove.

Talie had a Babe Ruth baseball game today. His team won 16 to 6. It was really a scrimmage against the other team from his area. They all had a good time and all of the players seemed to be happy that it was a game for fun and not standings.

Two years ago when I went to buy shorts I went to JC Pennys. I tried on the women's shorts and wore a size 4. This year I went to Walmart and wear a size 12. I have gained 5 pounds but really...... I wore a 12 when my mother sewed for me growing up and was very surprised and amazed at the clothing size changes over the years. I do not know how women buy clothes with the dramatic fluctuations between stores and labels.

Someplace on the internet I read today in the paper the Vermont state house has a virtual tour of it's historic rooms. The article said Google came and took pictures. I know the Friends of the State house have been raising money to restore the state house to earlier decor. Some of it is pretty wild as far as the color combinations. Well, I am not that good at searching and I could find articles about the google tour but can not find a link to the tour. So, if you are interested I can not help you. sorry.....

Nancy, my aunt lives in your town. She is 85 years old. She is a very kind woman.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy,

I have a friend who retired from teaching and her daughter thought she would come and live over her garage for her retirement years. Woooo geez was the daughter angry when the mom did not move in to be the after school care for the grands.

It seemed nice for you to be near your daughter and grand when it was your choice and your agenda. Then it seemed to change. I am glad you are making choices for your happiness.

When do you fly to meet your sweet heart?

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  7:35:41 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 23 2019 5:31:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh hush, Gypsy. I took a nap! I'll get them uploaded. I have achieved it before ...

And another thing we can gloss right over is DNA on the top halves of our bodies. I have never filled an A cup. My mom was well-endowed, my daughter is 34DD. Gypsy, you said you got yours from your grandma...does it skip a generation?

got a call from DD this evening. She spent her last day at work while my dh and her boyfriend started loading the trailer for their move tomorrow. She got home to find they had packed the tequila. (Who packs the tequila when you are serving enchiladas, Mom?) Or moving??

Have a lovely evening ...
Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  8:25:50 PM  Show Profile
[]
This is the canyon out the back windows. The fog was coming in a few days ago in the morning.

This is the same view last winter.

Some of the purple garden.

Red oriental poppies.
There! Some of the garden!

This is from the Southwest corner of our property. The green dot in the middle is our barn.

Back when the tulips were in bloom, just to prove there is a house ... lol!

Check! I have posted photos. I am about to break my arm patting myself on the back!
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  9:11:54 PM  Show Profile
GOOD JOB, MAR!!!

Beautiful, just completely beautiful. That would be hard to leave.

I can see why you need naps, that is a HUGE place to take care of.

It skipped my mom, but me and my sis got them.

Trust me, be glad, now that you are at the gravity fighting age. You know what I mean.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  9:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and it skipped my mom's sister, so she bought her own.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  9:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, I need to measure the jacket for Etsy anyway. I measure the bust and the length from shoulder to bottom and length of the sleeves. I can also measure the back from side to side. It says large but it is not a large by any means. I'll send you the measurements and you can decide if it will fit.

Mar, your property is beautiful! I hope if you decide to move you can find a place as nice and open.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  9:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls. The sense of the canyon is impossible to convey in photos. You can only see about a third of how deep it is from the photo and the clouds obscure the mountains in the background. It changes everyday. The house is not special, but certainly servicable. The land is about one-third treed, but mostly level. It is a nice property and it will be tough to replace.

And Gypsy, thanks for keeping after me. Of course, I could do it! Why did I doubt it?

Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  9:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh and I hear those "bought" ones don't sag! ;-)
mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  06:54:04 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm thinking if the measurements come out close, I want it. I can do small alterations myself. You could still put lots of pics out, in your portfolio, on Etsy, etc, and say something like, "Sold, but I can make you one". No two exactly alike of course. Have you come up with a good label? Because this seems to be your calling. People are always asking me where I shop for my things, so I can do a little PR for you. I have a bohemian style denim skirt that would look perfect with it. Another thought is people could send you their own purchases that they know will fit and you could do the up styling for them.

hugs to all my sistas
Gypsy #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  08:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Gypsy, to be honest, I'm not confident enough yet to do custom. I still need to make my first three sales. (That's the rule). then you know you have something people want. Right now I want to just explore and let the clothes tell me what they want.

Today I'm doing some really simple match ups. Ladies top and the bottom is the cut off bottom of a men's button up shirt. This lady on etsy does them ...very simple and sells them for $77.00. Some of her stuff is so ugly and still sells!

I still have big issues with my pictures. I had a friend offer to do a photo shoot with her soon to be dil. But she has had them for almost a month now and nothing. So I made up a story about needing everything for a craft show so she would either hurry up or send everything back. I should have everything back this week.

Anyway, can't wait to get sewing!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  12:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Today DH is helping DD and her boyfriend move. He texted me that he had the breakfast of champions -- Advil. Yesterday DD went to work for her last day while DH and her boyfriend did last minute stuff and then saw World War Z. (They loved it.) So, DD got home to find most everything in the trailer - like I mentioned earlier. Today, she called as they got on the road to let me know she was moving in a skirt and a strapless bra because that was all that was left in the apt. Not the most comfortable moving outfit... Oh well. Kinda ok I am missing this event!
Mar
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile

This gives you an idea of what I mean by "the canyon." This is the back of our house with the pool.

And then if you turn, you can see the canyon. You still can't really capture it ... but, it really drops off.

OK, I am done with the photos. Promise.

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  4:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, here are the measurements for the jacket.

Bust is 20" across the front and 20" across the back. Measurement is taken at the side seam.
Across the shoulders at the top from sleeve to sleeve is 15" and the sleeves are 24" long.
From top of shoulder seam to bottom of the jacket is 21".

Mar, your property is so beautiful!

Heat got to me today... not getting much done. Had to go into town and take care of some kitties. By the time I got home, I was done in.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  5:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am so glad I did not get the same Tata's as my sister. I was well grown well maybe beginning menopause when mine went from a AAA to a B. How come when you are small there are a lot of letters but on the other end DD means big? Are there BB or CC?

Mar the photos are gorgeous. You look out on a canyon to look down and we look out on mountains and look up. Is there a river at the bottom of the canyon? I think Oregon must have pretty places as well. I hope your dd took pictures of her traveling outfit. It will bring good laughs in the years to come. DH did the weekend warrior routine. and you not there to rub out the aches and bumps.

Today was a lovely bright sunny humid day here in the Greens. I spent most of the day weeding the garden and cutting down the burdock. Tall thick stemmed plants that create lovely purple flowers and then the round burr balls that stick to anything they touch. I know, I know the roots should be dug up but I did not have the patience to even attempt it. So, they will grow back but not for a while. It does make a nice tall compost pile.

The clouds are moving in. There are hail and lightning warnings for just south of us. We are supposed to have rain for the next few days. I guess I should get the laundry off the line tonight.

Sweet Dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  5:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, beautiful pictures of your land. Hope you can find something comparable to what you are used to.
Holly, you seem to be getting a lot of rain lately. We are not due for any until Thursday, of course, it is a holiday!!!! Seems it always rains on a holiday here.
We had beautiful weather here today, sunny, low humidity, in the 70s with a breeze. Just perfect, for once. It is supposed to be like this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then rain and more humid on the weekend. I will take this weather, we waited long enough.
I finally got the rest of my planting done, I had bought more flowers and some zucchini and squash plants on sale and got those all into the ground today. It feels so good to be digging in the dirt again!!!!
Bunny, nice jacket!!!! Love the trim you put on it.
Gypsy, are you moving into the city soon? I know you found a place you liked. That is good that you are your own person and will do what you want to do when you want to do it. That is a MAXINE attitude for sure!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! It is time to live life to the fullest.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  8:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Mar, Those pictures are just gorgeous!

I'm with you Gypsy, time to make your life your own. Do what you love and where.

Bunny, that jacket is beautiful. You are very talented. I hope you do well with this.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  07:19:37 AM  Show Profile
hello gals! just popped in to say it is a beautiful cool morning here in waco, texas but will be turning hot later. bunny, i love your sewing projects! makes me want to spend more time in the sewing room instead of mom's house. but i have to do mom's house. my sister came this weekend and we actually spent a little time together - about 2 hours total. so that situation is better. she waited until then to tell me that she is not moving the furniture to ok for the tornado victims so this week i will be donating a lot of stuff to salvation army. i always do salvation army because one of the guys i work with grew up with them and they helped his family a lot. brothers have started on the house painting and simple repairs. and i have started on the yardwork. my mom sure could grow things. i look at a plant and it dies...sigh.
beautiful pictures mar! and i have been thinking about moving to a travel trailer when i retire or a rv (motorized home) that way when i get tired of being around someone i just get in it and drive. always wanted to travel to canada but never have. so gypsy i am with you! i plan on doing what i want when i want and with whom i want (i am so jealous of you and your boyfriend - he is so goodlooking!)
got to go to work - my boss and i have not been getting along too good these days and don't want to push him.
hugs and love to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 23 2019 5:33:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  12:47:11 PM  Show Profile
We are having a heat wave for the NW! We are supposed to hit 100 degrees today. I got all the outside chores done, took the dogs down to get the paper. I think the mail can sit in the box until tomorrow morning since it hadn't been delivered yet. Fed the horses and turned them out so they can seek out the coolest area on the property. They probably won't do too much grazing today. Gardened for a bit and was in by eleven o'clock.

I'm gonna head into the "kids" bathroom to clean the chandelier. Yep, a chandelier in the bathroom. That is what happens when you let a sixteen year old girl pick out the light fixture. Actually, most people really like it. It fits really nicely and it is just fun. Except when you have to clean it.

Janie, glad to hear you are making headway on your mom's house. What is your timeframe for having it on the market? I think it is so nice that you have such a meaningful reason to choose Salvation Army for your donations. I generally donate to Goodwill, but mostly because of their dropoff convenience.

Who has plans for the Fourth? (Besides packing, Gypsy! We all seem to want a getaway right now!)
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  5:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It is raining again. It started around 11 this morning and has been on and off the rest of the day. We are having a lot of rain for us. it started with the tropical storm of the season that came up the east coast and then some storm from the mid west and now something from the south west of us. Well, our ground water will be full if there is no other positive to be thought of. Temperatures are in the high fifties.

The zucchini leaves are bigger than turkey plates. The butternut/cup vines are growing long. The beans are starting to flower. The spinach is going to seed and we have not even eaten any. The leaves are so small. Maybe I should just pull it up, make spinach lasagna and start over with it.

Janiee I am glad dealing with your mother's house is a little bit less stressful for a short while.

Jan I am glad you have finally gotten into your garden and it is growing. I guess you are still knitting and crocheting as well.

Gypsy safe trip to you.

I am assisting in the children's games for the 4th this year. I did not attend any of the planning meetings because I had to deal with Taliesin and his baseball. I am not heartbroken at all. My friend is the coordinator and she was stressing today. I told her what she is doing is great and the alternative is no games so everyone should be happy with what she does. I think she has good activities planned. Our fourth will be from 4 PM with a parade and onward with activities. The fireworks are at 9:30. I have been advocating for evening activities for 5 years now but the woman who is in charge has always made a one person decision. this year she said she was not going to do it anymore and a group of people stepped forward. Then she stayed in charge anyway. The committee said evening. I a so glad to condense the activities and not have a big gap in the afternoon and evening before the fireworks.

B and I brought up three or four wagon loads of wood from the hidden field to the splitting area before and at the beginning of the rain. There are probably two or three more loads cut down there. I just hope to have enough to make it through the winter.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy, have a wonderful trip. We will miss you. Take pictures!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly