Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  12:31:49 PM  Show Profile
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."
Albert Pine

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  1:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Because I was building fences today my quote is...."Measure twice, cut once" (not sure who said that or where it originated)

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  2:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Catherine: I've heard my husband say that at least a million times. So true!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2014 :  2:54:23 PM  Show Profile
I love that quote, Tina. So, so true.

"Strive to be first: first to nod, first to smile, first to compliment and first to forgive." from the (not-so) Secret Society of Happy People's Facebook page.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  11:08:12 AM  Show Profile
"We do ourselves and others a disservice when we make old age something to be feared. Life is not a resource to be used up, so that the older we get, the less life we have left. Life is the accumulation of wisdom, love and experience of people encountered and obstacles overcome. The longer we live, the more life we possess." Rabbi Harold Kushner
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  1:32:33 PM  Show Profile
"A heart pulsating with great dreams and passionate desire is the best alarm clock imaginable." Sheryl Towers
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  2:48:20 PM  Show Profile
"The older I get, the earlier I get up. The second my feet hit the floor, I'm awake. I'm like, hurry, hurry. I just love life. I want to make the most of all of it." Dolly Parton
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  11:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Take time to laugh- it is the music of the soul." from an old English prayer
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  11:22:42 AM  Show Profile
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." Azalee G. Redd
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  8:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
I especially love the quote that finished with "The longer we live, the more life we possess."!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Milton Berle

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  10:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Susan.

"You can't be a smart cookie with a crummy attitude." John C. Maxwell
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  10:52:18 AM  Show Profile
"Sorrow and regret look down. Worry looks around. But faith and a good attitude always look up." Sgt. Stephen Tressler
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  11:00:20 AM  Show Profile
"Forgiveness is the way to create the future." Father Lyndon Harris of St. Paul's Chapel in New York City, who was a witness to the attack on the World Trade Center.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  11:05:38 AM  Show Profile

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  11:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Good one Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We all have a choice in every difficult situation in life. We can become either bitter or better." Corina Zalace
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  12:14:57 PM  Show Profile
"Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends." H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  12:23:44 PM  Show Profile
"Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there's something good about feeling both." Amy Grant
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." Dennis Wholey
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  2:42:33 PM  Show Profile
"Swallow your pride. It contains no calories." Kristen Ellingson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  4:28:29 PM  Show Profile
"We can learn so much by observing the way our pets rejoice in life's simplest moments. For a dog, every morning is Christmas morning. Every walk is the best walk, every meal is the best meal. Take time every day to celebrate the many gifts that are hidden in the ordinary events of your life." Cesar Millan
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  6:29:16 PM  Show Profile
"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth." Julie Andrews
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2014 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile
"People do not stop doing things because they get older. They get older because they stop doing things." Shirley Zieve
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2014 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile
"The greatest gift you can give someone is the gift of inspiration." Cornel West
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  10:46:28 AM  Show Profile
"Trials become a university where we learn early on where to best place our physical, intellectual and spiritual resources." Barry C. Black
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page