True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  10:17:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone:

My real name is Sharon, and I have been married for 28 years now. I have 2 grown boys; one son is 20 yrs. old, and the other one is 17 years old. They both keep me busy. I run a business from my home, but when school is in session, the business seems to go on the back burner. The youngest son is involved in the high school music program, and currently is in the marching band and jazz band. He also informed us that he wanted to be back in orchestra, so when the holidays and the play season comes, we won't see much of this son, because of all the practices. I am the taxi driver, so I take husband to work and sons to school, since we only have one vehicle. Husband has the car in the afternoons, so that helps out a lot.

Anyways, I try to get some sewing in, with my show coming up next month. I always feel that I am never ready for the craft shows, but I try. Dh is having arthroscopic surgery next month as well, so things will be different for sure.

www.countrynmore.com

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  10:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sharon. Welcome aboard! I was a taxi driver for my son, too. Since I wasn't working for nearly two years when he was in high school,and everybody else's mom worked, I was the driver for all his friends, as well. But being around all that young energy was fun! What type of crafts do you do?

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  10:34:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! I just joined to and can really relate to the "Mom's Taxi!" I look forward to getting to know you!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  11:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
welcome to the group. Nice to have you join us here. I grew up in california in the middle of the state. Is your home in So Cal

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  11:55:05 AM  Show Profile
I don't know these forums work. I am so used to clicking on an individual message and replying. Well, this message is for Sunshine(like the name). I live in Southern California, and love it.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  1:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. In reply to Miss Bee Haven, I make reversible cobbler aprons, reversible BBQ aprons, oven door towels, and do applique on clothing. Driving everyone around is so very tiring. This is my youngest son's last year in high school. They grow up too fast.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sharon!! I grew up in Calif too...in Arroyo Grande (central coast) have lived here for a little over 4 years..I have alot of family still in Calif.
I bet you will love it here! I learn something new from these gals everyday..and what a great fun bunch they are!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  8:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Aunt Jenny:

I really like our area. It is so quiet. When dh and I were first thinking of living here, dh had asked a man renting a house on the street about the neighborhood. The person was angry because he had to leave, and told my dh that it is very noisy, so dh and I drove up here on several occasions, and all we could here were the crickets. At the time it was great, but now I hate crickets, because they have moved into our attic, and other parts of the house. They make noises non-stop. The house that we moved in was a new development at the time.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  8:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Sharon, and welcome!!! I have two sons, also, but the "mom's taxi" service won't be up and running for a few years - the oldest is three - sounds like something to look forward to!

Glad to have you around - you'll just love the women here...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello From California Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page